Question about Pigford

I didn’t keep up with this very closly. Just wondering is he stll slated to be back after the first semester?

If so where does he fit in the rotation and whose minutes does he get?

I like the way he plays. He always seemed to be into the game and hustling.

Much as I hate it, he will take most of Nance’s minutes. I want CJ in the game right now, and he should play about 10 minutes a game, but that means Nance will hardly see the floor.

I’m not sure how many minutes he will actually get when he comes back, but we could use him on the floor. He is a beast and he fights hard on both ends of the court. I would like to think there is room for all of our frontcourt to play, just got to hope Bobby learns how to manage them.

Pigford hasn’t been mentioned on here since the season started. Wonder if he will be able to get back in the flow with the team and have a positive impact (if he comes back in January)? Also what is the story on Jerrell Lewis? Are we redshirting him?

Lewis is redshirting this year

No way Pigford should play ahead of Nance. We should redshirt him as well.

Whether you meant it or not, I don’t think you can redshirt JUCOs.
If you can, interesting thought. But I don’t think it’s even a possibility.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Dec 9 2004, 02:13 PM [b] No way Pickford should play ahead of Nance. We should redshirt him as well. [/b]
Interested on why you feel this way. Nance, from what I can tell, is a little too aggressive....silly fouls. He plays with what appears to be a grudge. That can be a good thing but I haven't seen it yet. He looks lost out there to me.
[i]Originally posted by KissMyAxe+Dec 9 2004, 02:27 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (KissMyAxe @ Dec 9 2004, 02:27 PM)
[i]Originally posted by Powerbait+Dec 9 2004, 02:31 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Powerbait @ Dec 9 2004, 02:31 PM)
Originally posted by KissMyAxe@Dec 9 2004, 02:27 PM [b]

So we are getting him back for sure? Drayton is wearing his number and CJ hasn’t been practicing with the team at all(for other, smaller suspensions players still get to practice and are allowed to sit on the bench during games), CJ’s just been nowhere to be seen when it’s gametime. I know a full semester suspension is obviously a different situation, but I think I remember reading on this board that his return was still in doubt(that was a while ago, but haven’t heard anything different since).

If he does come back, as long as Iti keeps staying out of foul trouble(and no injuries) then CJ will be a complete luxery. Him and Nance will share about 15 minutes a game, depending on the game.

[i]Originally posted by Butter49er[/i]@Dec 9 2004, 02:59 PM [b] CJ's just been nowhere to be seen when it's gametime. [/b]
I've seen C.J. at just about every home game this season. He's been sitting in section 116.
[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Dec 9 2004, 03:19 PM [b] Whether you meant it or not, I don't think you can redshirt JUCOs. If you can, interesting thought. But I don't think it's even a possibility. [/b]
Unless he spent 3 yrs in Juco, i'm pretty sure he could redshirt if the coaches wanted him to. They just might not want to use up the scholarship. Pigford is a good hustler, but does seem to have a skills that this team needs. He is a 6'5" power forward with out much power. He doesn't shoot or handle the ball well enough to play the 3 and I would hate to see him take any minutes from EJ or Chris. I just think our talent level has surpassed CJ's usefulness.
[i]Originally posted by run49er+Dec 9 2004, 03:30 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (run49er @ Dec 9 2004, 03:30 PM)

Pigford will NOT be a niner.

[i]Originally posted by KissMyAxe+Dec 9 2004, 02:27 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (KissMyAxe @ Dec 9 2004, 02:27 PM)

Off topic, but:

I saw De’Angelo at the game. He was in street clothes with the team down on the bench. No suprise there. Over in 103 I see Marcus Bennett in street clothes… not with the team. What’s up with that?