Question about posting photos?

Is there anyway that instead of only being about to post a link for a picture that we can directly insert the photo into the message. I’ve seen other boards with the capability to do this, and they have a lot of fun with it.

Granted that it doesn’t take much effort to click a link, but it would be a cool feature to utilize.

If there is some way to do this already, and I am just ignorant about please feel free to call me out on it.

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;154444]Is there anyway that instead of only being about to post a link for a picture that we can directly insert the photo into the message. I’ve seen other boards with the capability to do this, and they have a lot of fun with it.

Granted that it doesn’t take much effort to click a link, but it would be a cool feature to utilize.

If there is some way to do this already, and I am just ignorant about please feel free to call me out on it.[/QUOTE]

try using a [img src=xxxx] tag. no idea if that will work… but it seems reasonable.

Donkey you are definitely not ignorant! You are the Bungee Ball Champion!:lmao:

I have no idea.

[HTML][/HTML]

You guys are close. If you want to do it quick, wrap the {IMG} {/IMG} tags around the url of the image, but use [] instead of {}.

i.e.

You can also use the “advanced” reply/post editor-thingy and just click a button, then paste in your image url. You’ll have to find the image online or find a place that will host it, as well (can’t remember if we allow attachments or not).

i am a master of bungeeball

No Florida this isn’t what he’s asking about.
He knows that way. He’s wanting to know if there is a way to incorporate it into the post without having to click the link. I couldn’t find a way to do this with our boards.

He’s wanting people to be able to see the image right there instead of having to click a link. Am I not right on this donkey?

Yes, thats exactly what I meant. Thanks for clarifying that. I know couldve worded my question a little better

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;154482]No Florida this isn’t what he’s asking about.

He’s wanting people to be able to see the image right there instead of having to click a link. Am I not right on this donkey?[/QUOTE]

How dare you question my message board nerdness! :tongue:

You don’t have to click the link - that’s a setting in your profile. Go into it and choose something like “Show embedded images in posts” and when you post (like I did), the image will just show, instead of a link. :beer:

EDIT: User CP -> Edit Options. The actual item is: Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code).

that works for me

Uploading images is well within the capabilities of this board, it’s just a matter of turning the feature on. Just an educated guess here, but I would think that accumulating images (read disk space) on NinerNation.net translates into more cost and/or maintenance, neither of which I’m sure Mac and the guys want. :smile: So for now you’d have to link images like others have demonstrated in this thread. There are dozens of free image hosting sites out there, just sign up for one, upload your stuff and link it here.

:weep: Im sorry. :weep:

Please don’t beat me. :hammer:

I have now turned on that feature.

Yay! It works now!