Quin Snyder

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]So I’m not going to jump on either the “fire Lutz” bandwagon OR the “give him a chance” bandwagon. I’ve just noticed every time his position is discussed, people always seem to say “who else could we get?” [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]That being said, what about Quin Snyder as a possible Lutz replacement someday?[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]He’s currently coaching an NBA D League team, so his salary can’t be to astronomical. His college coaching record is fairly impressive and he’s spent a whole lot of time in NC which may enable him to recruit.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Just a thought … what do you guys think?[/FONT][/COLOR]

No, no, and no!

No, no, and no!

Just curious, why not?

[QUOTE=C49erMoose;366916]Just curious, why not?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Yet even as Snyder soared, something wasn’t quite kosher. He came across as increasingly smug and arrogant, a too-cool-for-school sort of guy whose head seemed to expand with each glowing headline. Part of it may well have been perception – the Duke pedigree, the dual MBA and law degrees, the pretty-boy looks. But there were also the mounting scandals. In January 2003, Snyder’s point guard, Ricky Clemons, was arrested on charges of assault and battery against a former girlfriend. Shortly thereafter, Clemons accused teammates of receiving payments from Missouri assistants. A year later, the NCAA placed Missouri on probation for a handful of violations. By this time, the Tigers had plummeted toward mediocrity, finishing with 16 wins in 2003-04 and 2004-05 and just 12 wins in Snyder’s final season. “Did I run a clean program?” he asks rhetorically. "That’s a good question. What was found was that there was a failure to monitor on my part. Well, did I have a player over for an occasional meal at my house? Yes, I did. Did I give Ricky Clemons a sweatshirt and a pair of flip-flops? Yes, I did. So if that’s the definition of a clean program, then I guess we didn’t run one."[/QUOTE]

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=pearlman/080418

No. Effing. Way.

Dirt ball
Sleeze bag
Scum bag

I’d rather have clean coach that is struggling any day of the week.

Even Bobby’s toughest critics can agree that he has done a great job of running a very clean program over eleven years.

S is right, this guy is a serious dirtbag.

This reminds me of when we were debating on wether or not we should have recruited Jameson Curry a few years back when Roy Williams sent him packing. Yeah he was/is talented, but why put that stain on our clean program?

there are ties…He hired Melvin Watkins and Melvin is still there. Mullins was a Duke guy too.

we need someone with personality, good on tv, can sell, flamboyant…something to differentiate us. He’d get us pub, lots of it.

some of you guys who think NCAA hoops and Charlotte should be so pure need to get past it…A guy from the Duke system, a law degree, and NBA experience knows what he’s doing.

I’d say he is as good a coach we could get-- if Lutz ever departed.

LOL- the wiki article has all kinds of 49er references…makes you wonder…http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quin_Snyder

Even Bobby's toughest critics can agree that he has done a great job of running a very clean program over eleven years.

S is right, this guy is a serious dirtbag.

This reminds me of when we were debating on wether or not we should have recruited Jameson Curry a few years back when Roy Williams sent him packing. Yeah he was/is talented, but why put that stain on our clean program?

While I sort of agree, the impact of JamesOn Curry at OSU was hardly negative.

Program didn’t seem stained, really, IIRC.

[QUOTE=C49erMoose;366916]Just curious, why not?[/QUOTE]

Mizzoufans.com: The Lowlights of Quin’s Career

At least Lutz isn’t running a program worthy of probation, I will concede that.

we could do better

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;366932]At least Lutz isn’t running a program worthy of probation, I will concede that.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that’s why we’re 1-6.

It sucks, but that’s the way it is. You don’t do any better than mediocrity without cheating.

Quinn Snyder and Matt Doherty for co-head coach?

“If you aren’t cheating, you aren’t trying”

[QUOTE=NLP;366936]Matt Doherty[/QUOTE]

I didn’t think he was all that bad, considering he was given ****ty recruits when he first came to uncch. I don’t think Bill Guthridge knew how to recruit. Doherty at least landed Felton and that group, but I think they all hated him.

I didn't think he was all that bad, considering he was given ****ty recruits when he first came to uncch. I don't think Bill Guthridge knew how to recruit. Doherty at least landed Felton and that group, but I think they all hated him.
maybe he should have sat on the sidelines and just shrugged his shoulders more often, not provided any discipline to the college aged players, and then complained that "they just aren't listening" when the fan base thinks it looks sloppy, you know kind of like taking a page out of. . .

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I’m kind of surprised. I didn’t think the reception would be this bad here.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Just a couple of points:[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]1) Most of the “sleazy” things are rumor mill type things that may have been due to bringing in Clemons (which was obviously a mistake). The ethics violations that are not just rumors, were all by his assistants (before you say it, I agree, they are his responsibility).[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]2) The guy was 32 when he started … maybe he made some truly wet behind the ears mistakes, but that shouldn’t necessarily exclude him from consideration.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Anyone have anything else (good or bad) about this guy aside from calling him a sleazebag and citing blogs (thx for the links)?[/FONT][/COLOR]

Who ever hires Snyder deserves teh same fate IU got for hiring Sampson

[QUOTE=C49erMoose;366944][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I’m kind of surprised. I didn’t think the reception would be this bad here.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Just a couple of points:[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]1) Most of the “sleazy” things are rumor mill type things that may have been due to bringing in Clemons (which was obviously a mistake). The ethics violations that are not just rumors, were all by his assistants (before you say it, I agree, they are his responsibility).[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]2) The guy was 32 when he started … maybe he made some truly wet behind the ears mistakes, but that shouldn’t necessarily exclude him from consideration.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Anyone have anything else (good or bad) about this guy aside from calling him a sleazebag and citing blogs (thx for the links)?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

If he can come in and win, and not get caught in a cheating scandal, I’m all for it.