Random Philly bashing thoughts

Big series this weekend as the Braves have pulled to within a game and a half of first. For a moment, I checked Delta’s fan fares and saw they had one for this weekend at $138 round trip. New park, big series, etc. Then I got to thinking, why in the world would I want to go to Philadelphia ever again. And why did I ever go there in the first place. I couldn’t think of one reason, not even to confront that idiot sportswriter who ripped Charlotte before the NFC Championship game. Not even getting to wear my Panthers NFC Championship shirt intrigued me to go there.

The bottom line is that Philadelphia does nothing for me and I hope the Braves beat the crap out of the Phillies!

GO NINERS, GO BRAVOS!!

Hottest team in baseball, well behind the lowly Pirates, I hope they crush the Phillies this weekend. Hey, at least we know they’re not going to have a firesale now that they’re right in the thick of things. We get Giles back and Chipper’s average starts heading up, and we’ve got a chance! Now, if you could only rally some of those spoiled fans down there ATL…

Did my best during the BoSox series this past weekend.

Good times were had at the Chop House and many Charlotteans were alongside me…

Go Braves!

Really a huge weekend for the Braves. A Sweep and there in first with the Mets I would guess. Hard to believe what has been the roughest year I have expereinced as a Braves fan (note I am only 21 and I have been a Braves fan since early 1990’s when TBS started picking up all the games).

Braves should be thankful to Nick Green, Jesses Garcia, and Charles Thomas for really doing their job.

Braves have about the same chance as the Expos to win the NL East. Mediocre hitting and horrible starting pitching.

Ah, but somehow they’re only a game out of first…

Why does it matter? They’re all just sacrificial lambs for the Cubbies come playoff time.

[b]Ah, but somehow they're only a game out of first...[/b]

Only because of a recent hot streak. Think Ortiz can continue to pitch this well? Even with the last few strong performances, his WHIP is still close to 1.5.

[b]Why does it matter? They're all just sacrificial lambs for the Cubbies come playoff time.[/b]

Gotta make up a few games on the Cards first.

[b]Gotta make up a few games on the Cards first. [/b]

Two words: Kerry Wood.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 04:51 PM [b] Two words: Kerry Wood. [/b]
Add four words to that: has to stay healthy.

You’re right, but tell me a better starting pitcher staff in the NL? Houston can’t stay healthy or win enough, and the same with Florida’s staff.

Prior
Wood
Zambrano
Clement
Maddox

With Dempster & Rusch availabel to spot start. Well, when Depster gets healthy anyway.

If the Cubs can acquire a closer (maybe Urbina?) so LaTroy Hawkins can move back to setup, they’ll be set.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Jul 13 2004, 11:16 AM [b] If the Cubs can acquire a closer (maybe Urbina?) so LaTroy Hawkins can move back to setup, they'll be set. [/b]
Or if Borowoski can come back and pitch the way he did last year... I think he is expected to be back from the DL in a month or so.
[b]You're right, but tell me a better starting pitcher staff in the NL? [/b]

No one. I’d say they’re the best in MLB. Problem is run support and the pen. I own Clement in FB and he only has seven wins with an ERA under three.

I doubt the Cubbies can catch St. Louis. They’re too good. I figure Florida, Chicago, Houston, and LA/SF will be fighting it out for the card. Sorry Hotlanta, the start of your second half fade is only days away.