Ranking the best bball programs in each state

This is a pretty cool idea, CHN is going state by state, ranking each state’s D1 basketball teams. Looks like a little ways to go before we get to NC…

[URL]http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/upcoming-top-programs-state-64691[/URL]

This is going to be interesting. Up until about 3 yrs ago I argued that we were #3 in the state, unless you go back 25-35 yrs for NCSU championships.

Now, I wouldn’t be surprised if we are 6th. I don’t believe that, but I can see why an outsider would put us there.

behind who?
Id say as of late:

1. Chapel Hill
  2. Duke
  3. Charlotte
  4. Davidson
  5. App
  6. State
  7. Wake
  8. Elon
  9. ECU

Please correct me if I am missing any.

They are gonna rank Davidson and State ahead of us.

They are gonna rank Davidson and State ahead of us.

And Wake. It’s some serious BS, but I bet the list is UNC, Duke, Wake, Davidson, NC State, Charlotte, App, Elon, ECU

Based on his criteria, which for the most part it seems is “what have you done for me lately”, I’d think we’ll be put behind Davidson, tragically. My rankings, which are a bit more on an overall level, would go as such, not much argument on the top 2 I assume:

1. UNC-CH
  2. Duke
  3. NC State
  4. Charlotte
  5. Wake Forest
  6. Davidson
  7. UNC Wilmington
  8. UNC Asheville
  9. UNC Greensboro
  10. Appalachian State
  11. Gardner-Webb
  12. NC A & T
  13. Elon
  14. High Point
  15. ECU
  16. NC Central
  17. WCU
  18. Campbell
  19. Winston Salem

I think it’s fair to rank Davidson ahead of us if they’re only considering right now and not the past. I mean, they were in the Elite 8 last year. We should be ahead of Wake and NC State, though.

UNC, Duke, Davidson, Charlotte, Wake, NC State, UNCW, App, ECU

[QUOTE]The State of '08 is a ranking of every program in every state… based mostly on recent success (the last five years) mixed in with subjective factors such as conference prestige, historical success, and overall program direction.[/QUOTE]

Based on that, I wouldn’t be suprised if we were 6th, behind all the ACC teams and the flavor of the month. Based on last year soley we belong ahead of Davidson and Wake at least (and ECU belongs ahead of State :smile: )but I doubt that would happen. So it will probably go;

Tarholes
Duke
Wake
State
Davidson
Charlotte
UNCW
High Point
UNCG
App St
Elon
UNCP
ECU
A&T
WSSU

… have no idea who I’m missing but the article says NC has 19 D1 teams.

yeah if its what have you done for me lately, Eason’s list is looking about what it should be, though for some reason I see Davidson, State, and Wake all ahead of us for WHATEVER reason. Call me a cynic.

Western, Campbell, NCCU, and blanking on the last

edit: Gardner-Webb

[QUOTE=NLP;339455]Western, Campbell, NCCU, and blanking on the last[/QUOTE]

UNCA

Wake will get a bump because of their incoming recruiting class. I also would not be surprised if they put Wilmington in front of us.

I’m sure they will but a lot of stock in winning your conference and post season wins.

If thats the case, then we are in trouble.

UNCA
Guh, Chisox will never let me live down forgetting Biedenbach, let alone Kenny George.

Also that makes 20. But I’m pretty sure UNCP is not DI.

And why am I doing this when itsbraille already has the full list? Double guh.

Guh, Chisox will never let me live down forgetting Biedenbach...

lol my good ol’ buddy Eddie Biedenbach… :lol:

[QUOTE=forDniner;339453]Based on that, I wouldn’t be suprised if we were 6th, behind all the ACC teams and the flavor of the month. Based on last year soley we belong ahead of Davidson and Wake at least (and ECU belongs ahead of State :smile: )but I doubt that would happen. So it will probably go;

Tarholes
Duke
Wake
State
Davidson
Charlotte
UNCW
High Point
UNCG
App St
Elon
UNCP
ECU
A&T
WSSU

… have no idea who I’m missing but the article says NC has 19 D1 teams.[/QUOTE]

I agree that this is pretty much how the list will go. Yes, we beat Wake recently, but Tim Duncan and Chris Paul give them some cred and Davidson is the nation’s darling at this point. NC State beat us in our last NCAA meeting. Take out Rodney’s year and there is not a lot to crow about in recent history.

I’m afraid Wake and State will be ahead of us because of their past (stretching it for State), not because of their current teams. And I’m afraid Davidson will be ahead of us because of their current team, and not because of their past. Both scenarios should not happen, but I can see them mixing and matching when selecting the teams.

When will NC be posted?

Let’s see VT, HI, & ME have 1 D1 school.
I think AK & NH don’t have any.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;339582]Let’s see VT, HI, & ME have 1 D1 school.
I think AK & NH don’t have any.[/QUOTE]

UNH isn’t D1? I think it is…
Also, I’m pretty sure UA- Fairbanks is D1 as well.