Re: Andrew White - Grad transfer from Nebraska

With him, you still don’t think we are? Today’s game involves post players less than ever. Think about how good that backcourt would be. Davis, braxton, white, white, qj. No one in cusa comes close to that. I also feel like our bigs might surprise. I believe we could be a ncaa tournament team without him. With him, we could make a run.

So he was being recruited over at Kansas which held him back and then Nebraska rebuilding held him back. At what point do you look in the mirror realize you may just be a good player and not a great player?

With him, you still don’t think we are? Today’s game involves post players less than ever. Think about how good that backcourt would be. Davis, braxton, white, white, qj. No one in cusa comes close to that. I also feel like our bigs might surprise. I believe we could be a ncaa tournament team without him. With him, we could make a run.[/quote]You still have to have competent post players. We lost one of the best rebounders in the country last year and essentially didn’t replace his size. Anyone that expects anything more than ¯_(ツ)_/¯ this year is setting themselves up for disappointment.

We’ll have great guard play for sure, but our post play could potentially be the worst we’ve had in the last 10 years.

20 year olds with a Dad that thinks his kid can do no wrong and wants a pay check? Maybe when he’s 35 he will look in the mirror till then never… It’s the millennial way… nothing is ever my fault…

With him, you still don’t think we are? Today’s game involves post players less than ever. Think about how good that backcourt would be. Davis, braxton, white, white, qj. No one in cusa comes close to that. I also feel like our bigs might surprise. I believe we could be a ncaa tournament team without him. With him, we could make a run.[/quote]

:-\

Do the mods have this guy on their watchlist?

With him, you still don’t think we are? Today’s game involves post players less than ever. Think about how good that backcourt would be. Davis, braxton, white, white, qj. No one in cusa comes close to that. I also feel like our bigs might surprise. I believe we could be a ncaa tournament team without him. With him, we could make a run.[/quote]

Do the mods have this guy on their watchlist?[/quote]

my bad. ill stop having confidence in the team and just resign to a season of mediocrity.

my bad. ill stop having confidence in the team and just resign to a season of mediocrity.[/quote]

You can have confidence, but often times you seem disconnected from reality. Listen I would LOVE to dance next year, but the reality is we are probably a year away from having that expectation as a fan base. Price and company are going to bust their ass to make it happen, but if we land in the NIT we will have made a solid significant step.

my bad. ill stop having confidence in the team and just resign to a season of mediocrity.[/quote]

You can have confidence, but often times you seem disconnected from reality. Listen I would LOVE to dance next year, but the reality is we are probably a year away from having that expectation as a fan base. Price and company are going to bust their ass to make it happen, but if we land in the NIT we will have made a solid significant step.[/quote]

disconnected from reality? i said we could go to the tournament…not that big of an accomplishment. i didnt say that we will win the freaking thing.i said that if we landed white, we could not only make the tournament but also make noise in it. i dont think thats a bold statement considering how good that backcourt would be. teams with less talent than this one make the tournament all the time. la salle made the sweet 16 a few years ago with 3 pretty good guards and no bigs. we even beat that team.

You can have confidence, but often times you seem disconnected from reality. Listen I would LOVE to dance next year, but the reality is we are probably a year away from having that expectation as a fan base. Price and company are going to bust their ass to make it happen, but if we land in the NIT we will have made a solid significant step.[/quote]

disconnected from reality? i said we could go to the tournament…not that big of an accomplishment. i didnt say that we will win the freaking thing.i said that if we landed white, we could not only make the tournament but also make noise in it. i dont think thats a bold statement considering how good that backcourt would be. teams with less talent than this one make the tournament all the time. la salle made the sweet 16 a few years ago with 3 pretty good guards and no bigs. we even beat that team.[/quote]

You broke the most cardinal rule of NNN. Thought shalt not post anything that gives the sense of a positive outlook.

20 year olds with a Dad that thinks his kid can do no wrong and wants a pay check? Maybe when he’s 35 he will look in the mirror till then never… It’s the millennial way… nothing is ever my fault…[/quote]

I think it is just poor parenting rather than being born during a certain time period. At 31 I am technically a “millennial” and my parents never thought this way or treated me with a sense of entitlement.

disconnected from reality? i said we could go to the tournament…not that big of an accomplishment. i didnt say that we will win the freaking thing.i said that if we landed white, we could not only make the tournament but also make noise in it. i dont think thats a bold statement considering how good that backcourt would be. teams with less talent than this one make the tournament all the time. la salle made the sweet 16 a few years ago with 3 pretty good guards and no bigs. we even beat that team.[/quote]

You broke the most cardinal rule of NNN. Thought shalt not post anything that gives the sense of a positive outlook.[/quote]

i know. i keep forgetting about that. ill try to be more negative.

And we have had really good teams not be able to get out of the First round. We haven’t played in the second weekend of the NCAAs since 1977. I love your optimism and confidence. Year 2 of a new staff I think though is asking a lot to make any kind of run like that in the NCAAs. No one is saying we can’t do it, just that if you think objectively our talent probably needs another year.

I think we will be good, but not great. I think we will finish in the top 5 of the conference. I think we will be in some NCAA talk, but that our resume just won’t be strong enough and we will go to the NIT, which for this program and where we are is a very very solid step in the right direction.

And we have had really good teams not be able to get out of the First round. We haven’t played in the second weekend of the NCAAs since 1977. I love your optimism and confidence. Year 2 of a new staff I think though is asking a lot to make any kind of run like that in the NCAAs. No one is saying we can’t do it, just that if you think objectively our talent probably needs another year.

I think we will be good, but not great. I think we will finish in the top 5 of the conference. I think we will be in some NCAA talk, but that our resume just won’t be strong enough and we will go to the NIT, which for this program and where we are is a very very solid step in the right direction.[/quote]

im not against any of that logic. i would point out that the difference is between now and those teams of the past is coaching. no offense to lutz, but he should have had several teams go past the first round but coaching held us back. i have my concerns about this roster, namely bigs and possibly the wing position, until ajukwa is eligible. i only stated that with white, we could make a deep run but i love our current backcourt and am not anticipating andrew joining the niners, although i think believe that we could help him reach his goals.

55, I like your optimism. If you can’t crank some up mid-summer then you may not get to ever use it.

The NCAA’s are the goal, but I would love a trip to the NIT this year if we could win a game or two. I think I would like that better than getting smacked around by a 2 seed in the Big Dance and coming straight home. Done correctly, coaches build recruiting on their success and I think that is what Price is doing. This could be a pivotal year for us, setting the foundation for recruiting the players that get us back into the at-large discussion.

[quote=“Nugget, post:15, topic:30407”]55, I like your optimism. If you can’t crank some up mid-summer then you may not get to ever use it.

The NCAA’s are the goal, but I would love a trip to the NIT this year if we could win a game or two. I think I would like that better than getting smacked around by a 2 seed in the Big Dance and coming straight home. Done correctly, coaches build recruiting on their success and I think that is what Price is doing. This could be a pivotal year for us, setting the foundation for recruiting the players that get us back into the at-large discussion.[/quote]

not to start another argument, but i really believe, that if we do get a bid to the tournament, it wont be as a 15 seed. i know mtsu was last season, but their best ooc win auburn i believe, who was not good. if we win some of our big ooc games and do well in conference, but not quite well enough for an at large, i think we could land a 10-12 seed but i suppose that is all speculation at this point.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:16, topic:30407”][quote=“Nugget, post:15, topic:30407”]55, I like your optimism. If you can’t crank some up mid-summer then you may not get to ever use it.

The NCAA’s are the goal, but I would love a trip to the NIT this year if we could win a game or two. I think I would like that better than getting smacked around by a 2 seed in the Big Dance and coming straight home. Done correctly, coaches build recruiting on their success and I think that is what Price is doing. This could be a pivotal year for us, setting the foundation for recruiting the players that get us back into the at-large discussion.[/quote]

not to start another argument, but i really believe, that if we do get a bid to the tournament, it wont be as a 15 seed. i know mtsu was last season, but their best ooc win auburn i believe, who was not good. if we win some of our big ooc games and do well in conference, but not quite well enough for an at large, i think we could land a 10-12 seed but i suppose that is all speculation at this point.[/quote]Even if we (or anyone in the conference) deserve a 10-12 seed, we won’t get one. MAYBE a 12, but no better than that. The bias is too strong and CUSA has done itself no favors by being awful.

clt says 2 wrongs will make it white.

I think we will be good, but not great. I think we will finish in the top 5 of the conference. I think we will be in some NCAA talk, but that our resume just won’t be strong enough and we will go to the NIT, which for this program and where we are is a very very solid step in the right direction.[/quote]

How about we be better than ending the year a 200 RPI team. Id take ending the season ranked around 125 a huge success, let alone being a top 100 RPI team.

I do hope we win the conference tourney and make it in and have a Cinderella year and win the championship. I do. But there is NO WAY we get an at large this year. No way! I will win the lottery first. I don’t think it’s being negative but being realistic.

And NWA, please clarify what kind of “NCAA talk” we could be in. Do you mean about Price being our coach or improving to possibly break into the top 100? I’m assuming you didn’t mean like bubble talk did you? Maybe I’m completely wrong and I don’t know the stats but can’t be often a team that’s finished in the 200+ RPI for consecutive years some how turned it around and got an at large bid. Thats a HUGE turnaround.

How about we be better than ending the year a 200 RPI team. Id take ending the season ranked around 125 a huge success, let alone being a top 100 RPI team.

I do hope we win the conference tourney and make it in and have a Cinderella year and win the championship. I do. But there is NO WAY we get an at large this year. No way! I will win the lottery first. I don’t think it’s being negative but being realistic.

And NWA, please clarify what kind of “NCAA talk” we could be in. Do you mean about Price being our coach or improving to possibly break into the top 100? I’m assuming you didn’t mean like bubble talk did you? Maybe I’m completely wrong and I don’t know the stats but can’t be often a team that’s finished in the 200+ RPI for consecutive years some how turned it around and got an at large bid. Thats a HUGE turnaround.[/quote]

last season we had essentially 6-7 players that the staff could play on any given night. thats not the case this season. also, if we redid last season with the same team, we could have flipped our record despite all the weaknesses on our roster. what we did the past four seasons is irrelevant to what we will do this season. we have good ooc games this season, and i think most, if not all of them are winnable. we did not have a lot of opportunities for that last season outside of the early season tournament. we also now have a big time backup at point guard for davis. look how many games we lost simply because davis got into foul trouble and we did not have a suitable backup for him.