Recruit talks Charlotte Football

Linebacker recruit Dustin Crouser talks about coming to Charlotte. Skip to 52:40 to see his interview.

http://rsnsports.com/news/1004

The head guy is surprisingly ignorant of Charlotte sports.

I would say most in WV are. Gotta get that name out there. Every little bit of exposure helps.

Yeah hard to complain about someone WV being uneducated when people in this town still think we are a satellite campus of Chapel Hill, our local media treats us like crap and our AD and school refuse to market us correctly.

Dustin gave a good interview. It was nice to hear that he thought our facilities were top-notch compared to everything else he saw. That is a big recruiting advantage.

Man he was doing so awesome til he confessed to being a Cowboys fan. Dustin, Dustin Dustin…

LOL J/K. So psyched to hear these guys so hyped up to come play here. We’re just as excited Dustin. Can’t wait til August!

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:6, topic:27754”]Man he was doing so awesome til he confessed to being a Cowboys fan. Dustin, Dustin Dustin…

LOL J/K. So psyched to hear these guys so hyped up to come play here. We’re just as excited Dustin. Can’t wait til August![/quote]

Hey! I am a Cowboys fan. Kid was alright by me! (I did live in Dallas for 5 years)

Hey you’ve got to remember WV has no team so you have to pull for somebody. Most here are Steelers fans. WVU is really the rage around here. Brad Lambert said he was pleased he got two of the best recruits in the state that no doubt could have contributed to WVU. I know WV is too small to be a hotbed of talent but there are some decent players here. If he could get one or two every couple of years from WV people around here would start to follow them.

Dustin loves the facilities and the school as well as the coaches. I’m pretty sure he is going to love living in Charlotte too. He is very excited.

I think he has already given himself a nickname: “bone crusher”!

[quote=“crowdaddy, post:8, topic:27754”]Hey you’ve got to remember WV has no team so you have to pull for somebody. Most here are Steelers fans. WVU is really the rage around here. Brad Lambert said he was pleased he got two of the best recruits in the state that no doubt could have contributed to WVU. I know WV is too small to be a hotbed of talent but there are some decent players here. If he could get one or two every couple of years from WV people around here would start to follow them.

Dustin loves the facilities and the school as well as the coaches. I’m pretty sure he is going to love living in Charlotte too. He is very excited.[/quote]

Excited to have Dustin as a Niner… Love his passion. Hope we continue to add to the WVA pipeline.

[quote=“chasmo101, post:10, topic:27754”][quote=“crowdaddy, post:8, topic:27754”]Hey you’ve got to remember WV has no team so you have to pull for somebody. Most here are Steelers fans. WVU is really the rage around here. Brad Lambert said he was pleased he got two of the best recruits in the state that no doubt could have contributed to WVU. I know WV is too small to be a hotbed of talent but there are some decent players here. If he could get one or two every couple of years from WV people around here would start to follow them.

Dustin loves the facilities and the school as well as the coaches. I’m pretty sure he is going to love living in Charlotte too. He is very excited.[/quote]

Excited to have Dustin as a Niner… Love his passion. Hope we continue to add to the WVA pipeline.[/quote]

trust me, I-77 has been a WVA pipeline to Charlotte since it was built. :))

[quote=“49er1, post:11, topic:27754”][quote=“chasmo101, post:10, topic:27754”][quote=“crowdaddy, post:8, topic:27754”]Hey you’ve got to remember WV has no team so you have to pull for somebody. Most here are Steelers fans. WVU is really the rage around here. Brad Lambert said he was pleased he got two of the best recruits in the state that no doubt could have contributed to WVU. I know WV is too small to be a hotbed of talent but there are some decent players here. If he could get one or two every couple of years from WV people around here would start to follow them.

Excited to have Dustin as a Niner… Love his passion. Hope we continue to add to the WVA pipeline.[/quote]

trust me, I-77 has been a WVA pipeline to Charlotte since it was built. :))[/quote]Yep. My parents came to NC via that route. So did many of my other family members.

[quote=“Niner National, post:12, topic:27754”][quote=“49er1, post:11, topic:27754”][quote=“chasmo101, post:10, topic:27754”][quote=“crowdaddy, post:8, topic:27754”]Hey you’ve got to remember WV has no team so you have to pull for somebody. Most here are Steelers fans. WVU is really the rage around here. Brad Lambert said he was pleased he got two of the best recruits in the state that no doubt could have contributed to WVU. I know WV is too small to be a hotbed of talent but there are some decent players here. If he could get one or two every couple of years from WV people around here would start to follow them.

trust me, I-77 has been a WVA pipeline to Charlotte since it was built. :))[/quote]Yep. My parents came to NC via that route. So did many of my other family members.[/quote]

Your Honor, I rest my case. Welcome, NN.

Problem is, WV doesn’t produce but about 2 D1s a year.

[quote=“Ruckus42, post:14, topic:27754”]Problem is, WV doesn’t produce but about 2 D1s a year.[/quote]lets get em both!

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:7, topic:27754”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:6, topic:27754”]Man he was doing so awesome til he confessed to being a Cowboys fan. Dustin, Dustin Dustin…

LOL J/K. So psyched to hear these guys so hyped up to come play here. We’re just as excited Dustin. Can’t wait til August![/quote]

Hey! I am a Cowboys fan. Kid was alright by me! (I did live in Dallas for 5 years)[/quote]

We will try to not hold that against you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah WV is a horrible state for HS football talent. If you look up 3+ star recruits by state, it’s embarrassing what WV turns up. Having said that, Crouser seems like a legit D1 talent, so I’m glad he’s on board!

Less than 2 million population in the whole state you can’t expect more than a couple D1s a year. It is what it is. Charlotte got two players from WV that could have played anywhere. There are a lot of WV folks in Charlotte. There is not much work here so people leave. Right now there are two WV boys playing football in Charlotte. I am glad Brad believed in them and gave them a chance.

Good points. Eugene German and Dustin Crouser are beasts. Can’t wait to see them on the field!

Of course I’m just giving him a hard time about the Cowboys thing. I was raised in VA as a Steelers (Mom)/Skins (Dad) fan, so the Cowgirls aren’t high on my list of faves 8)

So, I watched Dustin’s highlight reel again. I am not much of an X’s and O’s guy, and I certainly dont know the level of competition he faced, but what I saw that I liked was him wrapping guys up and stopping them in their tracks. A couple of the other teams could have attempted blocking him from time to time, but it looks like he’s a solid tackler who takes good angles to the ball. On offense, I like his motor - just keeps going/shedding tacklers.

Gotta like his attitude in that interview too. Little nervous, but obviously a good kid. I just cant wait to see these guys plays and what they bring to the table at the college level.