Recruiting class gets B+ from ESPN

If a kid rides the bench in D1, transfers and then leads the nation in scoring in D2 would you consider that kid a great player ?

I actually think Judy got it right this time. CUSA is a better fit for us because she knew in advance that Major (Suckage) would render us Minor in top tier conference basketball.

Football is our priority right now and rightfully so. So why not elevate the football program at all costs. At the same time give a BAD BASKETBALL coaching hire Alan Major a chance to succeed in a not a “weaker conference” but a BAD BASKETBALL conference.

BRILLIANT ;D

Who’s he a fan of?

Who’s he a fan of?[/quote]

Who are you a fan of, … LOSING? :))

Who’s he a fan of?[/quote]

Who are you a fan of, … LOSING? :))[/quote]

Losing can’t be a “who” soFool.

Former All A10 Freshman Akeem Richmond is going to replace Bowden, and he was going to do that anyway.

As far as our “class” Richmond doesn’t show up in those rankings but he is a certainly a big addition, and we have a 6-9, 245lb Auburn transfer as well. We also have 3 freshman newcomers all 6-10+ including Rivals 3 star 6-11 Marshall Guilmette who you offered, 6-10 Zangari who is 3 star on Scout. The 3rd 6-10 guy played on the JR German national team and medical redshirted. Lots of size coming in.

Player Efficiency Rating is the best stat in Basketball. It’s no coincidence Michael Jordan is the all time career NBA leader or that Anthony Davis was #1 in college basketball last year… Here’s how Lebo and Major recruits have actually performed on the court. (15.0 is the adjusted average and Braswell was your best player at 23.2 last year).

22.3 Kemp
20.7 Paul
15.3 Sampson
13.4 Steed
12.7 Bowden
10.0 Campbell

16.4 Mayfield
13.6 Henry
8.3 Williams
6.3 Nickerson

Hard to argue Lebo hasn’t brought in better players the first two years, and I’ll take Richmond and all the size we will have this year. Major has been at CLT 3 years and has only brought in two players over 6-7 and they aren’t contributors.

PER is not the stat you should be using. Gives absolutely no credit for a defenders ability to force a miss, which is an important part of our strategy.

Basketball stats have a long way to go before they match baseball’s ability to statistically capture quality, since unlike in baseball, basketball players can’t inhabit statistical islands. Hopefully the stuff STATS is doing will finally bring advanced analytics to basketball. Until then, get that PER shit out of here.

PER is a great statistic and I don’t think it’s a coincidence Braswell is your only player over 20 and just happens to also be your best player by a mile as well, or that Anthony Davis was #1 in college basketball last year, and was clearly the best player and who’s game was defensive based I will remind you.

Regardless of what you think about it, PER is obviously a heck of a lot better than those ESPN high school recruiting ratings you guys touted last year and are again this year, and guys like Nickerson (who was supposed to be the stud), Williams and Thorn were all major duds. I could pull dozens of post and threads by your own fans confirming that. Basically in 2 years Major has brought in 2 players.

Lebo has already brought in 2 all conference caliber players in Paul and Kemp and Richmond is proven as well. Size is obviously the hardest positon to bring in and Lebo killed it for quality size this year in recruiting. Who’s going to play post for you guys if Braswell turns and ankle for you? It’s year 3 and Major still hasn’t landed a legit big man who will probably even one that will be in the main roatation.

It’s only a great statistic if it shows you what it wants to show you.

How can you laud a statistic that doesn’t take into consideration a player’s ability to force a miss?

Ah who cares, we’ll beat you again and again and again.

I have a great statistic for you StillJonesing.

December 3, 2011 in Greenville, NC
Charlotte 76, ECU 64 :eek:

This is really the only stat that matters. When Lebo actually has a winning record against Major then maybe you can talk smack.

If you want to argue the merits of Thorne, Williams, and Nickerson and tell me PER is wrong go ahead. You guys had similar threads last year pumping up that class and how great they were and after the season threads claiming they were horrible, not me. Eventually Major is going to have to play more than two of his own recruits and find an actual big man.

I don’t think anyone in CUSA wouldn’t say Paul and Kemp are all conf caliber players. Paul is probably legitimately one of the best PG’s in the nation returning. You can tell me about our newcomer Akeem Richmond, I know he’s had some big games vs you guys in the past.

You guys brought up our class, I sure wouldn’t trade any of the classes Lebo has brought in so far for what you have. We are getting big time players and lots of size.

Don’t worry, we wouldn’t trade with you either.

I can’t wait till kicking ECU’s ass counts as a conference game.

You really are a piece of work. You finished below .500. You lose to us at home. Yet you still somehow find the need to try to talk smack.

Any system that has Paul ahead of Mayfield, and Sampson closely rated to him, is clearly flawed.

As for basically only bringing in 2 guys, I have no idea where you’re getting that from. I assume you’re meaning Henry and Mayfield. But Thorne is being redshirted. So I don’t know how you’ve determined anything on him. Williams and Nickerson were just freshmen. It’s comical that you “know” they won’t get any better.

Lastly, when are you going to eat crow about Bowden? We tried to warn you. But of course you tried to spin it.

:)) :)) :)) :))

Deja vu! That sounds awfully familiar to about 12 months ago. How’d that turn out for you?

RPI , Sagarin, and Pomeroy all said we had the better season…again. You were even up by about 70 spots with 3 weeks left to go just to put in perspective how we both finished our seasons. I’ll take that kind of finish every year and peaking at the end over a December 3rd upset. Lebo’s doing it mostly with his recruits as well which is what the thread was about, recruiting. He didn’t have the luxury of taking over a top 75 team like Major did, he took over a 230 ranked one and has improved our program. Can you say the same? Read my signature, others are noticing.

Any system that has Paul ahead of Mayfield, and Sampson closely rated to him, is clearly flawed.
Paul was just All Conference, and among the league leaders in just about every major statistical guard catagory. Sampson just shot 45% from three and averaged 5 rebounds in only 20 minutes a game. You show me any Major recruit on your team that can shoot 45% from three, much less one that's 6-8, 225. He was plenty effiencent.
I assume you're meaning Henry and Mayfield. But Thorne is being redshirted. So I don't know how you've determined anything on him.
Please, he wasn't going to play anything more than garbage minutes. That's also if he gets a redshirt. Sounds like Major might have screwed that one up by playing him. What was his injury again?
Williams and Nickerson were just freshmen. It's comical that you "know" they won't get any better.
You guys told me Nickerson was a top 100 guy out of high school. He looked a lot more like the guy that averaged 11ppg in high school.
Lastly, when are you going to eat crow about Bowden? We tried to warn you. But of course you tried to spin it.
Bowden was the 2nd best three point shooter in CUSA last year. He was better than I expected and played his role perfectly. Bowden told Lebo he wasn't even there and we haven't kicked him off the team, they actually believe him from what I understand. Let's let him have his day in court.

W-L’s matter, you guys didn’t get enough W’s, neither did we. At least we didn’t have to resort to playing DII teams to pump up the W total.

All Conference in CUSA doesn’t mean anything. Especially now.

Paul is not even close to one of the best PG’s in the nation, returning or otherwise. Neither is Henry.

The worst part in all of this conference realignment is having StillJonesing as a conference mate and thus, he will never leave.

[quote=“J Felt, post:38, topic:26779”]The worst part in all of this conference realignment is having StillJonesing as a conference mate and thus, he will never leave.[/quote]Exactly what I came to the realization of this morning… At least he is the only one who appears to care about their bball.

I honestly think he turns ECU fans off of basketball.