Recruiting CLT and NC kids

[font=comic sans ms][size=1em]Here is a quick breakdown from our signing classes so far and how many kids were from NC:[/size][/font]

[font=comic sans ms][size=1em]18 NC kids in 2012[/size][/font]
[font=comic sans ms][size=1em]10 NC kids in 2013[/size][/font]
[font=comic sans ms][size=1em]9 NC kids in 2014[/size][/font]
[font=comic sans ms][size=1em]9 NC kids in 2015[/size][/font]
[font=comic sans ms][size=1em]5 NC kids in 2016[/size][/font]
[font=comic sans ms][size=1em]4 NC kids in 2017[/size][/font]
[font=comic sans ms][size=1em]4 NC kids in 2018 (so far including the White kid from GA prep via Huntersville)[/size][/font]

[font=comic sans ms][size=1em]EDIT: I didn’t include the CLT numbers because there are just [/size][size=2px]atrocious[/size][size=1em]. The NC kids numbers paint enough of a picture here.[/size][/font]

Those numbers are simply appalling.

Next head coach needs to make the first order of business hiring a metrolina recruiting coordinator as its own position. Whole job is building inroads and unburning all the bridges our staff was too incompetent to fireproof w/ local hs programs.

Dead serious.

clt says no need to bring race into this.

I spoke to Judy. She called the chamber to solve this :blank:

For those who missed this trainwreck, 49er youtube never posted it for good reason

Lambert presser https://www.facebook.com/thecharlottepost/videos/10155244867307507/

asked about lack of local kids:
“We are working Charlotte from the inside out”

asked about lack of fbs offers his recruits dont have:
“ya we stole a kid from southern miss, starting to really stackin em up”

15:30
"Just how close we were this season" :-X

[quote=“punchdrunk, post:5, topic:31295”]For those who missed this trainwreck, 49er youtube never posted it for good reason

Lambert presser https://www.facebook.com/thecharlottepost/videos/10155244867307507/

asked about lack of local kids:
“We are working Charlotte from the inside out”

asked about lack of fbs offers his recruits dont have:
“ya we stole a kid from southern miss, starting to really stackin em up”

15:30
"Just how close we were this season" :-X[/quote]the reporters that asked those questions will be barred in the future because they don’t want to print anything positive.

Judy thinks the media should live by the “if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything at all” mantra.

It’s beyond stupid not to recruit the Charlotte area like crazy. Talent abounds that we could recruit on a freaking bicycle and we ignore.

Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard and not gonna lead to job security. Then again 1-11 keeps you here so who the hell knows…

I am sure our 2018 class will love Brad Lambert only tweeting about 1 kid. Brilliant chemistry move gomer

Most of you already know my thoughts on this. As an assistant coach at a powerhouse HS in Charlotte I want my kids to go to Charlotte, local school, puts butts in the seats because the kids can have their whole families at games.

You need to look no further than Aaron Brand(HC of Vance HS) tweet after our new OC got hired to figure out that we are not even trying in Charlotte. It is sad and needs to change.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:9, topic:31295”]Most of you already know my thoughts on this. As an assistant coach at a powerhouse HS in Charlotte I want my kids to go to Charlotte, local school, puts butts in the seats because the kids can have their whole families at games.

You need to look no further than Aaron Brand(HC of Vance HS) tweet after our new OC got hired to figure out that we are not even trying in Charlotte. It is sad and needs to change.[/quote]

I know I have seen this information posted by several people on this board and also on twitter. I’m just trying to get a better understanding of how deficient the staff has been.

Have they stopped even visiting the local schools?
 Have they stopped offering the local kids all together, or only offer the highest rated kids?
 Does the staff do an initial offer or visit, but never come back and follow through?
 Are the local coaches encouraging their best talent to go to Charlotte, from their end?

These are just a few of the questions I have had since seeing these postings, so I can get an idea on the particulars of how things have diminished between the coaching staff and the local HS coaches. I’ve seen this issue mentioned, but no one has really provided examples and details around it.

I know one head coach whose school borders Mecklenburg along with an assistant that I play golf. Both have told me over the past three years since Radcliff passed that we do not even visit the area high schools anymore. They do not understand at all since one school sent 4-5 players to us the first couple of years.

These schools are still sending players to ECU, App, Coastal, etc, but we are not even in play. Both coaches tell me that it amazes them how hard we were recruiting and how little we do now.

I’m not trying to be a pain guys, but I refuse to believe that we are intentionally not recruiting mecklenburg county. That would be a special kind of stupid. Our current staff may not be as personable as Coach Ratliff was, but few are.

It may not be intentional but the evidence is surely stacking up that the effort isn’t what it should be. For example, before Coach Ratliff passed we were all over Mallard Creek. Now it seems that dynamic has changed to the point that they don’t even seem to want us there.

I know we can’t fill a team with local guys but the ties and effort still need to be there. This is coming from a proponent of someone that wants us to recruit Florida hard.

It may not be intentional but the evidence is surely stacking up that the effort isn’t what it should be. For example, before Coach Ratliff passed we were all over Mallard Creek. Now it seems that dynamic has changed to the point that they don’t even seem to want us there.

I know we can’t fill a team with local guys but the ties and effort still need to be there. This is coming from a proponent of someone that wants us to recruit Florida hard.[/quote]

We also had Coach Sykes on staff who was a former assistant coach at Mallard Creek. Losing Ratliff, then Sykes, then Curry, has really hurt our recruiting.

I know we can’t fill a team with local guys but the ties and effort still need to be there. This is coming from a proponent of someone that wants us to recruit Florida hard.[/quote]

We also had Coach Sykes on staff who was a former assistant coach at Mallard Creek. Losing Ratliff, then Sykes, then Curry, has really hurt our recruiting.[/quote]

Good call Mr. B. I’d say our relationships pretty much everywhere have at the very least changed.

When you see local guys talking about the issues, something is there. Whatever the issue is, it falls on Lambert and staff to accept it, game plan and then fix it.

It is a joke there is no kid from Charlotte, NC in our recruiting class. Burbs are great and there is good talent there, but we have to pluck kids from Vance, MC, etc.

[quote=“moss2k, post:16, topic:31295”]When you see local guys talking about the issues, something is there. Whatever the issue is, it falls on Lambert and staff to accept it, game plan and then fix it.

It is a joke there is no kid from Charlotte, NC in our recruiting class. Burbs are great and there is good talent there, but we have to pluck kids from Vance, MC, etc.[/quote]

I totally agree with this, that there needs to be marked improvement by our staff. But it also has to be a two way street. I believe some of these local HS coaches have a legitimate beef with our staff, but I also don’t want some of these coaches belly aching because we didn’t take the 5’6" 145lb guy on their roster that they feels deserves a chance at the next level and they are mad with us just because we are the local school that didn’t give him a shot when nobody else was neither. Plus, they need to be pushing some of those at least 3, and occasional, 4 star kids our way. There should be some give and take there.

[quote=“ice_cold49er, post:17, topic:31295”][quote=“moss2k, post:16, topic:31295”]When you see local guys talking about the issues, something is there. Whatever the issue is, it falls on Lambert and staff to accept it, game plan and then fix it.

It is a joke there is no kid from Charlotte, NC in our recruiting class. Burbs are great and there is good talent there, but we have to pluck kids from Vance, MC, etc.[/quote]

I totally agree with this, that there needs to be marked improvement by our staff. But it also has to be a two way street. I believe some of these local HS coaches have a legitimate beef with our staff, but I also don’t want some of these coaches belly aching because we didn’t take the 5’6" 145lb guy on their roster that they feels deserves a chance at the next level and they are mad with us just because we are the local school that didn’t give him a shot when nobody else was neither. Plus, they need to be pushing some of those at least 3, and occasional, 4 star kids our way. There should be some give and take there.[/quote]From what I understand, we’ve chased a lot of talent outside of our City/burbs for out of state guys with comparable skill level. You can only shit so much in your backyard before it stinks…

Regardless of where the talent has been, Lambert’s crew should be visiting Vance quite frequently.

Vance’s 50-yard-line is 1.96 miles away from our 50-yard-line. It’s almost close enough to make jogging to it a drill.

clt says local kids are cheaper for the school to admit, and cheaper to recruit.