Recruiting CLT and NC kids

[quote=“moss2k, post:16, topic:31295”]When you see local guys talking about the issues, something is there. Whatever the issue is, it falls on Lambert and staff to accept it, game plan and then fix it.

It is a joke there is no kid from Charlotte, NC in our recruiting class. Burbs are great and there is good talent there, but we have to pluck kids from Vance, MC, etc.[/quote]

So the question to Lambert should be: “Coach, there is no player from Charlotte in this recruiting class. Were there no kids that we wanted, or were there no kids that wanted us?”

A Mallard Creek asst told me it’s been 2-3 years since Charlotte even visited!

I coach at Catholic, the reigning 3A State Champs and a team that has been to 8 straight state semi-finals, I’ve been blessed to be a part of the tradition here for years.
This season we had a RB with a Charlotte offer and that’s it, but only once this year and I think it was the first time in years that a Charlotte coach(Henry) was at one of our practices. The kid is dynamic and could be a star here(Milan Howard) yet we have a guard who Brewer at UNC said could play for them right away who is a junior and several other kids other schools are looking at but Charlotte just seems to ignore.
It is beyond infuriating. You can say you don’t believe they aren’t deliberately not recruiting and maybe they aren’t, but man they are all riding the short bus if they think what they are doing is working.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:22, topic:31295”]A Mallard Creek asst told me it’s been 2-3 years since Charlotte even visited!

I coach at Catholic, the reigning 3A State Champs and a team that has been to 8 straight state semi-finals, I’ve been blessed to be a part of the tradition here for years.
This season we had a RB with a Charlotte offer and that’s it, but only once this year and I think it was the first time in years that a Charlotte coach(Henry) was at one of our practices. The kid is dynamic and could be a star here(Milan Howard) yet we have a guard who Brewer at UNC said could play for them right away who is a junior and several other kids other schools are looking at but Charlotte just seems to ignore.
It is beyond infuriating. You can say you don’t believe they aren’t deliberately not recruiting and maybe they aren’t, but man they are all riding the short bus if they think what they are doing is working.[/quote]

Hard not to believe this perspective. Thanks for sharing. This is beyond frustrating…I guess Judy was planning her retirement while deciding to retain Lambert and staff.

[quote=“Nugget, post:21, topic:31295”][quote=“moss2k, post:16, topic:31295”]When you see local guys talking about the issues, something is there. Whatever the issue is, it falls on Lambert and staff to accept it, game plan and then fix it.

It is a joke there is no kid from Charlotte, NC in our recruiting class. Burbs are great and there is good talent there, but we have to pluck kids from Vance, MC, etc.[/quote]

So the question to Lambert should be: “Coach, there is no player from Charlotte in this recruiting class. Were there no kids that we wanted, or were there no kids that wanted us?”[/quote]
His presser he said there were offers.
#workinginsideout

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:22, topic:31295”]A Mallard Creek asst told me it’s been 2-3 years since Charlotte even visited!

It is beyond infuriating. You can say you don’t believe they aren’t deliberately not recruiting and maybe they aren’t, but man they are all riding the short bus if they think what they are doing is working.[/quote]

I came to CC a couple years ago to watch North Davidson play in 3rd round of 4A playoffs. You guys have a great coached team. Niner coaches should be at fixture at your school and others in Charlotte.

Still say North Davidson got screwed in that game when they called QB over line of scrimmage on a 75 yard TD, turned game around. The QB for North visited Charlotte but like most D1 schools thought he was too short(5’11"). But he had quickest release i have seen and strong accurate arm. His last 2 seasons he threw for around a combined 8000 yards and around 80 TDs. He can out throw anyone on Charlottes roster. He is playing baseball in college since he didn’t get bigger offers for football because of his height.

[quote=“mojoniner, post:25, topic:31295”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:22, topic:31295”]A Mallard Creek asst told me it’s been 2-3 years since Charlotte even visited!

I came to CC a couple years ago to watch North Davidson play in 3rd round of 4A playoffs. You guys have a great coached team. Niner coaches should be at fixture at your school and others in Charlotte.

Still say North Davidson got screwed in that game when they called QB over line of scrimmage on a 75 yard TD, turned game around. The QB for North visited Charlotte but like most D1 schools thought he was too short(5’11"). But he had quickest release i have seen and strong accurate arm. His last 2 seasons he threw for around a combined 8000 yards and around 80 TDs. He can out throw anyone on Charlottes roster. He is playing baseball in college since he didn’t get bigger offers for football because of his height.[/quote]
I remember that game well, kid was a player his height screwed him college wise. Charlotte just doesn’t seem to focus on the city of Charlotte. For whatever reason they just don’t, it’s infuriating.

Last season Catholic sent two kids to JMU who could’ve easily gone to Charlotte and played, both of them are now competing for a national title. Charlotte never even really talked to them.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:26, topic:31295”][quote=“mojoniner, post:25, topic:31295”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:22, topic:31295”]A Mallard Creek asst told me it’s been 2-3 years since Charlotte even visited!

Still say North Davidson got screwed in that game when they called QB over line of scrimmage on a 75 yard TD, turned game around. The QB for North visited Charlotte but like most D1 schools thought he was too short(5’11"). But he had quickest release i have seen and strong accurate arm. His last 2 seasons he threw for around a combined 8000 yards and around 80 TDs. He can out throw anyone on Charlottes roster. He is playing baseball in college since he didn’t get bigger offers for football because of his height.[/quote]
I remember that game well, kid was a player his height screwed him college wise. Charlotte just doesn’t seem to focus on the city of Charlotte. For whatever reason they just don’t, it’s infuriating.

Last season Catholic sent two kids to JMU who could’ve easily gone to Charlotte and played, both of them are now competing for a national title. Charlotte never even really talked to them.[/quote]

Unbelievable but hopefully will change.

I loved your stadium at CC.

[quote=“mojoniner, post:27, topic:31295”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:26, topic:31295”][quote=“mojoniner, post:25, topic:31295”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:22, topic:31295”]A Mallard Creek asst told me it’s been 2-3 years since Charlotte even visited!

Last season Catholic sent two kids to JMU who could’ve easily gone to Charlotte and played, both of them are now competing for a national title. Charlotte never even really talked to them.[/quote]

I loved your stadium at CC.[/quote]
Thanks! I love it as well, one of the best places to take in a game. I’m blessed to be apart of it. I think maybe Catholic may still have a stigma of a bunch of unathletic white kids which we usually are, but when we have athletes like we did in 2015 and with our junior class now I find no reason for Charlotte to not be here.
Hell just being state champs I’d have a coach there saying “Who are your big guys I need to start talking to?”

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:28, topic:31295”][quote=“mojoniner, post:27, topic:31295”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:26, topic:31295”][quote=“mojoniner, post:25, topic:31295”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:22, topic:31295”]A Mallard Creek asst told me it’s been 2-3 years since Charlotte even visited!

I loved your stadium at CC.[/quote]
Thanks! I love it as well, one of the best places to take in a game. I’m blessed to be apart of it. I think maybe Catholic may still have a stigma of a bunch of unathletic white kids which we usually are, but when we have athletes like we did in 2015 and with our junior class now I find no reason for Charlotte to not be here.
Hell just being state champs I’d have a coach there saying “Who are your big guys I need to start talking to?”[/quote]

Yes, they should at least come by to take a look at what talent you might have, whether they think they are worthy of a scholarship or not.

Exactly. I mean if they did they’d see a 6’4" 260lb TE who can get big enough to be a bit smaller guard that we have. Also 3 D1 RBs I believe. More than people think.

clt noticed email addresses for recruits at other schools while searching for AD candidates. Do we have a similar emial address?

This isn’t hard, set up a damn address for coaches and players.

clt noticed email addresses for recruits at other schools while searching for AD candidates. Do we have a similar emial address?

This isn’t hard, set up a damn address for coaches and players.[/quote]
Believe players email specific coaches. I know that’s what my players do, if Charlotte is talking to them it’s typically through a specific coach depending on where they are from or their position.

Believe players email specific coaches. I know that’s what my players do, if Charlotte is talking to them it’s typically through a specific coach depending on where they are from or their position.[/quote]

clt says we should follow the lead of UNCR. They are doing pretty ok.

Believe players email specific coaches. I know that’s what my players do, if Charlotte is talking to them it’s typically through a specific coach depending on where they are from or their position.[/quote]
I can only speak to my situation and i just got 13 girls committed (half d1 half d2) and our org has put 150 kids in ncaa. Sounds like footballl is suffering from same complex as uncc softball. I literally had the #1 softball player in the USA with me on campus. She won the world series at Auburn. Lexi Davis. Her little sister was on my team, dad is great friend. Being idiot I am, I introduced her to our softball staff at a youth tourny I entered ON OUR CAMPUS to support uncc lol… Did uncc ever recruit her? Hell no. Dad was like “man I thought you had juice?” I was speechless and embarrassed. Was a long shot but try? Since then I tell every softball player and coach stay away from uncc, they don’t care if they win. My words aren’t unique. Uncc is a recruiting joke locally. We all talk.

Yes every sport has an email address but coaches do get bombarded by kids. You have to ring a bell in their mind for them to take it seriously. Our coaches failing in 704 is criminal and new AD should fire any uncc coach flopping locally on eval and commits. Pack your desk up and go.

And by the way- all those championship and NCAA banners on The Hayes wall … won by CLT guys.

Lambert is a joke with zero Char Meck signees. You aren’t gonna get the 5 stars but every 2-3 star in 704 needs offer and official visit

I can only speak to my situation and i just got 13 girls committed (half d1 half d2) and our org has put 150 kids in ncaa. Sounds like footballl is suffering from same complex as uncc softball. I literally had the #1 softball player in the USA with me on campus. She won the world series at Auburn. Lexi Davis. Her little sister was on my team, dad is great friend. Being idiot I am, I introduced her to our softball staff at a youth tourny I entered ON OUR CAMPUS to support uncc lol… Did uncc ever recruit her? Hell no. Dad was like “man I thought you had juice?” I was speechless and embarrassed. Was a long shot but try? Since then I tell every softball player and coach stay away from uncc, they don’t care if they win. My words aren’t unique. Uncc is a recruiting joke locally. We all talk.

Yes every sport has an email address but coaches do get bombarded by kids. You have to ring a bell in their mind for them to take it seriously. Our coaches failing in 704 is criminal and new AD should fire any uncc coach flopping locally on eval and commits. Pack your desk up and go.

And by the way- all those championship and NCAA banners on The Hayes wall … won by CLT guys.

Lambert is a joke with zero Char Meck signees. You aren’t gonna get the 5 stars but every 2-3 star in 704 needs offer and official visit[/quote]
I would certainly not wanna play for a woman who is the NCAAs all time leader in losses.

I have a friend that played Football and Baseball for Duke back in the 70’s and I was discussing this with him yesterday. He was absolutely floored when I told him we don’t recruit the Charlotte area.

No reason for it. Hopefully the next coach will fix this cause Lambert is dead man walking with a new AD coming in.