Recruiting Visit Question

i can give you some insight into the way it was when we were recruiting frank selvy. (google him, kids. jkjk!)
first, they had received letters and letters and letters from coaches, faculty, administrators, etcetc.
then, usually, they arrived on friday. ‘dinner’ out with the boyz.
saturday morning: tour of the campus. the gym. the cone center. a special stop or two to check out the facilities if they had a major in mind. maybe meet a professor or two in the areas of their interests. saturday afternoon might include special events geared to their interests. i remember we took one guy to a tractor pull! saturday night out to a fancy dinner. slug cleighborn was a huge supporter then and had ‘slug’s choice’ and ‘slug’s ribs’. these were favorites.
sunday morning was tailored to the recruit. some actually chose church and they’d go with henry caldwell or skip shipman or others later. or they could hang out.
sunday afternoon was with the coaches.
bill foster would woo them with his southern charm and jokes. he was the Recruiter!! lee rose would tell them how hard it was going to be to make the rotation and just what to expect if they came here! (i love bill and respect him. but i respect rose tremendously.) i don’t know what the hell hal did.
then they’d go home.
hope this helps. but i doubt it. that was before cell phones and video games. and maybe television?

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;404063]all I got was some KFC Popcorn Chicken. Of course, I did have a choice of Papst Blue Ribbon or Boones Farm.[/QUOTE]

Bad thing was is there was no such thing as an FSL at the time.:wow: