Red Sox vs. Yankees

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 08:24 PM [b] I'm in Hat- and I pay off, one beer at a time or whatever you prefer. [/b]
I hope they have really big beers at Picassos. It will taste oh so good....I hope this feeling isn't spoiled by a lose in the world series, surely the gods would never be that cruel...would they?

Glad we did it in Yankee stadium, Francona scared the shit out of me, taking out Lowe and putting in Pedro, but guess we can’t do anything the easy way.

Can we not get Joe Torre a hat that fits?

Congrats to the Sox. Hat, I’m buying. I guess us Yankee fans will have to fall back on the 26 WS trophies that reside in the Bronx.

BTW, before you guys get too excited, you haven’t done squat- they don’t give out the good trophies for second. I hope your guys don’t hurt their shoulders patting themselves on the back, they’ve still got a little work to do.

See, that’s the difference between the Yankees and the Sox, we would have had a couple of beers and focused on the next job. The Sox are just surprised to be there. 1986, 1986, 1986, 1986, 1986, 1986, 1986.

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Oct 21 2004, 07:00 AM [b] Congrats to the Sox. Hat, I'm buying. I guess us Yankee fans will have to fall back on the 26 WS trophies that reside in the Bronx.

BTW, before you guys get too excited, you haven’t done squat- they don’t give out the good trophies for second. I hope your guys don’t hurt their shoulders patting themselves on the back, they’ve still got a little work to do.

See, that’s the difference between the Yankees and the Sox, we would have had a couple of beers and focused on the next job. The Sox are just surprised to be there. 1986, 1986, 1986, 1986, 1986, 1986, 1986. [/b]

Wow, really focusing on the past there.

Does anyone else think Hootie sounds like a Carolina fan in that post? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

So, is Bill Buckner banned from the world series or was he already forbidden from fenway?

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Oct 21 2004, 07:00 AM [b] Congrats to the Sox. Hat, I'm buying. I guess us Yankee fans will have to fall back on the 26 WS trophies that reside in the Bronx.

See, that’s the difference between the Yankees and the Sox, we would have had a couple of beers and focused on the next job. The Sox are just surprised to be there. 1986, 1986, 1986, 1986, 1986, 1986, 1986. [/b]

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Typical Yankee fan.

1-0 Boston. Just in case you’re keeping track hooteabag.
Love it.

Check that. 2-0. I hope 1999 Pedro is pitching on Tuesday.