Restaurant Recommendations for Post Graduation

I was going to make reservations at Sole Spanish Grille for lunch after I graduate next Saturday but they don’t open until 5. What do you guys recommend around town that is good quality but not super expensive (under $30 a person)?

Chimas uptown had a $20 per person special last year on graduation day. It’s a Brazilian restaurant if you are not familiar with it.

Subdude.

Is that still around?

Bikini Joe’s or Tilted Kilt

KILT FTW

Max’s Ally in concord… very good and nice… kinda pricey

Subway…$5 footlongs

Unless you’re hosting a bunch of kids and fussy family - go somewhere like the Kilt.

Congratulations on your graduation!

How about…

Rooster’s
Mama Ricotta’s
131 Main

Bikini’s

No kids, just conservative family members lol.

We hit up Macaroni Grill.

Cantina 1511 (East Blvd. location).

It’s a graduation lunch. Don’t go somewhere stuffy dude. Go have some fantastic Mexican food and margaritas.

Or, you can never go wrong with Cajun Queen.

Also check out Pewter Rose. Sophisticated, yet not pretentious. Great food, fair prices and outdoor/indoor seating.

[quote=“jcl49er, post:13, topic:23236”]Cantina 1511 (East Blvd. location).

It’s a graduation lunch. Don’t go somewhere stuffy dude. Go have some fantastic Mexican food and margaritas.

Or, you can never go wrong with Cajun Queen.

Also check out Pewter Rose. Sophisticated, yet not pretentious. Great food, fair prices and outdoor/indoor seating.[/quote]

I will check out Pewter Rose. Cajun Queen was on my list. Does it have good atmosphere? What’s the food like?

Morton’s Steakhouse

I’m conservative, & I like Tilted Kilt & Bikini. Tell them you have GOP & fundamentalist approval. :))

Cajun Queen is good. Food like the name implies. Live New Orleans Jazz (at least on weekends when I’ve been).

I like the Cantina 1511 idea too. Good food and margaritas. Gets awfully busy though. Might wanna call ahead, especially the E Blvd one.

Cajun Queen is a good choice, but unless I am mistaken it isn’t open for lunch on Saturdays. You should check though.

Trying to be close to the U? If so I’d 2nd Macaronni Grille. If even more casual and some beer is the thing you might try Big Dog’s across from Boardwalk Billy’s, then you can rotate between those 2 and Wine Vault. Same shopping center has Ciros Italian too.

[quote=“Mullins Maniac, post:3, topic:23236”]Subdude.

Is that still around?[/quote]

Oh man, I forgot all about that place. What about Hot Wok, is that still there?