Retire Jersey #49 At First Home Game

[CENTER]And the name on the back should say [COLOR=Green][B][SIZE=5]CFI/FSL Holders[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR].
[/CENTER]

It should say Dubois, since hes the one that gave us football, right?

[QUOTE=eason49;402528]It should say Dubois, since hes the one that gave us football, right?[/QUOTE]

We were having a civilized debate on the Politics board but on this topic we will WAR!!!:hammer:

I disagree. Make wearing the 49 an honor.

Have our guys that make the MLB, NBA an NFL want to wear the number in the pros.

Why is John Maine not wearing the 49 in NY? Make wearing the 49 a big deal to our athletes. I would rather see #49 Jones wearing a #49 for the Bills because heā€™s the 1st Charlotte guy in the NFL than to have my ego stroked.

Tintin

[QUOTE=Tintin;402530]I disagree. Make wearing the 49 an honor.

Have our guys that make the MLB, NBA an NFL want to wear the number in the pros.

Why is John Maine not wearing the 49 in NY? Make wearing the 49 a big deal to our athletes. I would rather see #49 Jones wearing a #49 for the Bills because heā€™s the 1st Charlotte guy in the NFL than to have my ego stroked.

Tintin[/QUOTE]

I do wish our pros would wear 49 when given the chance but NO current 49er athlete should have that number. That number represents us ALL and especially with football, considering the effort from the fans it took to get it, should be retired on day one as a sign of respect!

Personally, I think #49 should be retired in every one of our sports where jersey numbers are required. Baseball, Basketball, softball, soccer, etc.

[QUOTE=The Lax;402540]Personally, I think #49 should be retired in every one of our sports where jersey numbers are required. Baseball, Basketball, softball, soccer, etc.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™ll say that no 49er athlete should have the number, but Iā€™m not sure every sport should retire the # until the fans make an important contribution to that programā€™s future (like we did in getting football). It should be reserved for truly special reasons per sport.

Reserve the 49 for the team captain to wear, IMO.

49FBN, I assume you mean not just the jersey but the number be retired. There is a difference. [QUOTE=The Lax;402540]Personally, I think #49 should be retired in every one of our sports where jersey numbers are required. Baseball, Basketball, softball, soccer, etc.[/QUOTE]
Depends on the sport. No one in college basketball can have 49 anyways. How are the rules for the other sports? For basketball, neither number can be greater than 5.

Reserve the 49 for the team captain to wear, IMO.

Letā€™s hope heā€™s a cornerback, safety, running back or tight end.

I think a middle LB would be a good position for this number. The enforcer on the field! Running back would be a good one though, as long as they donā€™t drop when they hit the line

I have a 49 B-Ball Jersey, & Iā€™m getting a 49 Football Jersey. Now would yā€™all quit wearing my #! LOL.

[QUOTE=Hooner49;402554]Letā€™s hope heā€™s a cornerback, safety, running back or tight end.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m pretty sure that the rule does not apply to college football.

I'm pretty sure that the rule does not apply to college football.

Ah, youā€™re right.

[QUOTE=The Lax;402540]Personally, I think #49 should be retired in every one of our sports where jersey numbers are required. Baseball, Basketball, softball, soccer, etc.[/QUOTE]

49 is retired by default in basketball because no numbers larger than 5 are allowed on a basketball jersey.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;402492][CENTER]And the name on the back should say [COLOR=Green][B][SIZE=5]CFI/FSL Holders[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR].
[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

This would imply that some CFI people are not FSL holders. That sounds strange to me.

Just put ā€œFSL Holdersā€.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;402553]Depends on the sport. No one in college basketball can have 49 anyways. How are the rules for the other sports? For basketball, neither number can be greater than 5.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Niner National;402627]49 is retired by default in basketball because no numbers larger than 5 are allowed on a basketball jersey.[/QUOTE]

I know this. Iā€™m just saying, put it up on the wall. Many organizations have the #1 ā€œretiredā€ as a way of saying thank you to their fans, who are ā€œ#1ā€