Retro/Spirit/Big Game Idea

I’d like to see us play a game year, maybe even once every two years in gold uniforms. This year if we were to do I think the perfect game would be the Davidson home game. Make it more of a big deal. Promote it earlier in the season. Maybe tie it to a giveaway of Gold shirts in the lower level. Something. Anything.

At a minimum, would you guys support seeing the semi-rare game in Gold unis?

Ive been wanting them to do this for years. One game a year would be great.

IMO, The nicest uniforms were the ones from the mid-late '90’s. There were made by Reebok I think. They had all 3 colors: white, green and gold. The shorts also had the crown on the right leg. Very cool.

The ones now are too plain.

Bring back the gold on the cheerleaders and gold dusters too!

There will be a Green Out game this year, already being planned. But those wearing UNC-Chapel Hill t-shirts and hats to the game will be hesitant to switch. :shades:

Personally, I always liked the gold uniforms.

There will be a Green Out game this year, already being planned. But those wearing UNC-Chapel Hill t-shirts and hats to the game will be hesitant to switch. :shades:

Every game should be a “Green Out” game. ****, if the Miami Heat can get a bunch of NBA fans to where the same color, we should be able to as well.

if the Miami Heat can get a bunch of NBA fans to where the same color, we should be able to as well.

That has always impressed and amazed me that they were able to do that. I saw an overhead photo of one of those games from the playoffs last year, and I swear 99.9% of the people in the arena had on white shirts.

The big reason for that is that they gave out the white shirts at the door. Free stuff always gets people motivated.

I think we had quite a bit of green in the lower bowl the night we did the “Got Lutz?” shirt give away.

The big reason for that is that they gave out the white shirts at the door. Free stuff always gets people motivated.

I think we had quite a bit of green in the lower bowl the night we did the “Got Lutz?” shirt give away.

Maybe that was one night, but during the playoffs, I saw close-ups of the crowd and all of them had different shirts on. Some were wearing white colored shirts while others were wearing t-shirts with stuff on them.

I would love the gold unis as long as they were the same shade as were worn back in the 90’s. Those unis were tight!

The Heat places White covers on the seats to enhance the effect.

Green out and Gold unis definitely don’t have to be mutually exclusive. Maybe even order a few extra and give them away as on-court promotions during time-outs or halftime. I know these types of things don’t come cheap but I think the students, alumni, and general booters are worth the investment.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;242893]I’d like to see us play a game year, maybe even once every two years in gold uniforms. This year if we were to do I think the perfect game would be the Davidson home game. Make it more of a big deal. Promote it earlier in the season. Maybe tie it to a giveaway of Gold shirts in the lower level. Something. Anything.

At a minimum, would you guys support seeing the semi-rare game in Gold unis?[/QUOTE]

I would like to see us play a game / year, maybe even once every 2 years in uniforms that actually fit the players and the jerseys would stay tucked in. It would nice to see us look like a big time college basketball team as opposed to a poorly funded AAU team.:ticked:

Now that I got that off my chest…I voted yes for a gold uniform game.

[QUOTE=49or bust;242930]I would love the gold unis as long as they were the same shade as were worn back in the 90’s. Those unis were tight![/QUOTE]

The GOLD unis evoke bad memories to me. Back in the early 90’s, it seemed like we lost every game that we wore gold and won every game in green.

I’ve been wondering where the gold in the uni’s has been for years. Gold uniforms should be in a regular rotation anyway. Also, one of our best, if not [I][B]the[/B][/I] best, comeback wins of all times (when Benny Moss hit the 3 in the final seconds to send the game to overtime) were in the old gold jerseys. I’m all for them, as long as they are truly gold in color, and not some kind of disgusting yellow.

Gold Unis would MF’n RULE!!!

I would love to see gold unis without the “UNC” on the front. Think how much better they will look saying just “CHARLOTTE.”

MEGR: I always liked the rare use of the Black away jerseys, but we always seemed to lose in them. Maybe the bad karma has passed on to them.

I really just see this as a small piece of a bigger picture. We’ve got a couple of issues aside from last year’s LOFT problem (golf acronym, you’ll figure it out) and attendence woes.

1. Aside from really big games, we don’t do enough to make a lasting impression on our fringe fans. Us diehards will always be there, and hopefully people like Gill and Happy and everyone else will continue to work on the student side. One of Jimmyhat’s big things about football is that it’s an event. Basketball day in and day out isn’t an event, but we can make it more of one.

2. Lack of a rival. Right now in my mind it’s Davidson. I mean, they’ve got my full attention now. It used to be a fun thing where we’d go up there and whoop on them but after last fall, it’s on. I really hope we do a better job from here on out of marketing that game to the city. They’re on the rise at least for the next 3 years. Let’s not let them become the damn city’s darling. This is our city! This is a must win game!

So I guess I nominate one of four games to be a throwback game.

1. Wake Forest. Dumb idea. They already wear gold.
  2. Best inconference home game. Guess it’ll be Eggs this year. Could be wrong.
  3. Maryland dowtown.
  4. Davidson at Halton.

I’m strongly in favor of it being Davidson at home.

And finally this goes back to the first point. There’s so little that we do at our home games that’s distinctly Charlotte 49er. The students do a great job of being creative, but it doesn’t get the whole arena involved. There’s got to be some kind of consistent chant/song/goofy but fun thing that we need to be ours. Even if it take 1/4 of the season to get 104 doing it, 1/2 the season getting the rest of the students going, and Sr. day before everyone does. We have a history of DOMINATING at our on campus venues (Wissel never existed, keep telling yourself that). Part of losing that dominance however large or small it may be falls on us. We’re a smart and passionate group of people. We can do better.

Any suggestions? Maybe I’m just a little too geeked up about the upcoming Fall/Winter/Spring sports seasons after our Spring run and the weird good vibe about our BB team going forward.

I dont udnerstand the LOFT thing. This is the definitiion I got.
[B][SIZE=3]Definition: [/SIZE][/B]A measurement, in degrees, of the angle at which the face of the club lies relative to a perfectly vertical face. Technically, iron loft and wood loft are measured slightly differently, but the effective result is the same.
Loft gives you an idea of how far and how high the ball will go. Drivers are the least-lofted clubs (not counting putters), while wedges are the most-lofted. Driver lofts for most players run between 7.5 and 12.5 degrees. Clubs increase in loft through the set until reaching the lob wedge, which is usually lofted around 60 to 64 degrees.

Also, I think the FORTY… NINERS… FORTY… NINERS… chant is distinctly ours. I also think our fans are pretty hardcore rowdy, we’ve been getting in heads of players for almost every game.

But I agree with you on that. Something else unique would help.

I would like to see us play a game / year, maybe even once every 2 years in uniforms that actually fit the players and the jerseys would stay tucked in. It would nice to see us look like a big time college basketball team as opposed to a poorly funded AAU team.:ticked:
THANK YOU! That crap pissed me off so bad last year. I was EMBARRASSED to show that team to people.