Retro/Spirit/Big Game Idea

[QUOTE=HP49er;242919]There will be a Green Out game this year, already being planned. But those wearing UNC-Chapel Hill t-shirts and hats to the game will be hesitant to switch. :shades:

Personally, I always liked the gold uniforms.[/QUOTE]

Considering recent attendance figures and the fact that the seats at Halton are GREENā€¦Iā€™m not really sure what they are trying to accomplish.

Are too many people showing up at Halton Arena. Donā€™t let anyone in and you have a ā€œgreen outā€ effect.

My point isā€¦this should be a ā€œwhite outā€ or ā€œgold outā€ game.

Is gold still an official school color? Its a shame that it has ā€œdisappearedā€.

Bring back the GOLD !!!

ETA: For added dramaā€¦donā€™t tell us when the gold would be worn. Just have the players walk out for pregame introductions in gold.

[QUOTE=NinerAl;242941]I would like to see us play a game / year, maybe even once every 2 years in uniforms that actually fit the players and the jerseys would stay tucked in. It would nice to see us look like a big time college basketball team as opposed to a poorly funded AAU team.:ticked:

Now that I got that off my chestā€¦I voted yes for a gold uniform game.[/QUOTE]
Man, I agree so much with that! I noticed that Ian actually rolled the top of his shorts like my wife does to make them fit right. It looks so sloppy.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;243005]Is gold still an official school color? Its a shame that it has ā€œdisappearedā€.[/QUOTE]
No it is not. But I think it would be a great idea. And though our record isnā€™t great in them, I liked the black uniforms too.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;243005]ETA: For added dramaā€¦donā€™t tell us when the gold would be worn. Just have the players walk out for pregame introductions in gold.[/QUOTE]
:clap: Yes! :thumbsup:

Also, I think the FORTY... NINERS... FORTY... NINERS.... chant is distinctly ours.

Only because of the nicknameā€¦tons of other schools do the this sideā€¦that side chants, except they are normally at football games when i hear them. We areā€¦Penn State or Lets goā€¦Mountaineers. Just 2 examples.

gold uniā€™s would rockā€¦this should be doneā€¦and I agree that they should make a couple available for alumsā€¦boostersā€¦students. I would pay a nice little chunck of change to get my hands on a gold niner uni!

I donā€™t see the need for ā€œalternate uniformsā€. Pro teams and major college teams wear them to SELL additional merchandice. We canā€™t even get authentic merchandice of our regular unis for fans to buy. I wouldnā€™t be totally opposed to [B]1[/B] game per year in gold unis, but definitely no more than that. A) Itā€™s no longer ā€œspecialā€ if you make it more than once and B ) itā€™s not a school color. If we had a third school color, wearing uniforms of that color 2-3 times per year might be okay. Our school colors are [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]GREEN[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR=White]WHITE[/COLOR][/B]. If the black uniforms come back I think I will puke.

The black uniā€™s were awesome, and we wore them rarely, but I would like to see them again. Coach Mullins seemed to always switch around the uniā€™s.

[QUOTE=amnesiac;243160]The black uniā€™s were awesome, and we wore them rarely, but I would like to see them again.[/QUOTE]

What is it exactly that is so appealing about our former black uniforms? These things are/were hideous.

Keep them in the history books, please!!!

My freshman year, 2001-02, the team had a choice for road jerseys:

Greenā€¦

ā€¦or blackā€¦

Now, the overall design of these And1 abortions was awful to begin with, but florescent green? Our warmups practically glowed in the dark. I much preferred black that year.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;243203]My freshman year, 2001-02[/QUOTE]
Such a youngster. My freshman year, we didnā€™t even have color photos of the players!

We could have gold all of the time. It would be the Olympic Champ look.

comā€™on, guys! retro? letā€™s really go retro with the britches cornbread/massey/kinch/watkins/et al. wore!
then we can see what kind of recruiters we have after all!!!

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;243203]My freshman year, 2001-02, the team had a choice for road jerseys:

Greenā€¦

ā€¦or blackā€¦

Now, the overall design of these And1 abortions was awful to begin with, but florescent green? Our warmups practically glowed in the dark. I much preferred black that year.[/QUOTE]

We wore black on the road for most games that year because the green was so bad. It was the first year with And1 and they got the green wrong. I donā€™t think we have black alternates every year. Maybe we ordered the black after getting in the florescent green.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;243638]We wore black on the road for most games that year because the green was so bad. It was the first year with And1 and they got the green wrong. I donā€™t think we have black alternates every year. Maybe we ordered the black after getting in the florescent green.[/QUOTE]
I only remember wearing green that year in the C-USA Tournament and NCAAā€™s. The rest of the time, I think we were in black.