Revenue for Football: Away games worth as much as a $1m/game

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/2009/06/01/georgia_pay_opponents.html

See attached article from the AJC, SEC schools paying as much as a $1m for a visit from a Sun Belt school !, interesting what three or four of these games can do for your entire Athletic budget, not just football. It talks about the Sun Belt schools getting this type of money and carrying their entire athletic program.

[QUOTE=amnesiac;411379]http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/2009/06/01/georgia_pay_opponents.html

See attached article from the AJC, SEC schools paying as much as a $1m for a visit from a Sun Belt school !, interesting what three or four of these games can do for your entire Athletic budget, not just football. It talks about the Sun Belt schools getting this type of money and carrying their entire athletic program.[/QUOTE]

I would take a beating 2 or 3 games a year if it will help the bottom line until the program gains momentum.

If it means that huge of a $$$ profit, I would love to get killed by LSU, Auburn, or UGA.

I’d schedule as many of these games as possible over our 1st 5-10 years. 1) it makes $$, 2) your name gets out there. If they are top 25 your highlights will be shown over and over that weekend

PAY FOR PLAY Georgia has signed contracts for six home football games over the next five seasons against teams that will not require the Bulldogs to make return engagements on the road. What UGA will pay for those games:

• Tennessee Tech*: $475,000 on Nov. 7, 2009
• Lousiana-Lafayette: $875,000 on Sept. 4, 2010
• Coastal Carolina*: $475,000 on Sept. 17, 2011
• New Mexico State: $925,000 on Nov. 5, 2011
• North Texas: $975,000 on Aug. 31, 2013
• Appalachian State*: $325,000 on Sept. 7, 2013

• — Division I-AA programs

Looks like they have an opening for 2012, maybe we should shoot for 2014.

If we don’t sell all the FSLs needed by this fall we should start our own Charlotte football team. Without the home field we could have a schedule consisting entirely of away games vs SEC teams. Then we could take that money and start the real football team. :lol:

[QUOTE=punkrockcowboy;411386]If we don’t sell all the FSLs needed by this fall we should start our own Charlotte football team. Without the home field we could have a schedule consisting entirely of away games vs SEC teams. Then we could take that money and start the real football team. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I doubt the money we raked in would cover the medical bills from the beatdowns, unless we have several doctors in our midst ready to donate their services.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;411384]Looks like they have an opening for 2012, maybe we should shoot for 2014.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the best team on the slate commands the least amount of money. I guess no one wants to take a risk on App. State and cough up a million bucks.

I would take a beating 2 or 3 games a year if it will help the bottom line until the program gains momentum.
I would take beatings for a couple seasons to pick up money...

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;411484]I would take beatings for a couple seasons to pick up money…[/QUOTE]

I’m not saying that it will help us make $$$ but help offset costs.

I want to go on the road trip to Ole Miss.
They did a survey of the hottest chicks in a men’s mag a couple of years ago, & they said that the top 85% at Ole Miss were prettier than the top 10% at most Northern schools. I’m like damn, even the ugly chicks are hot!

I'm like damn, even the ugly chicks are hot!

:huh:

As a fan I don’t like seeing my team beat down no matter what the price.

Looks like the best team on the slate commands the least amount of money. I guess no one wants to take a risk on App. State and cough up a million bucks.

Any FBS team will get a whole lot more money than a FCS team no matter how bad they are. I have no idea why App got less than the FCS teams though, maybe UGA through in some perks for their contract.