Rhino Times

We made the front page of today’s Rhino Times.

I’m glad that won’t appear in the Greensboro Rhino edition.

I wish they would let students sit behind the players bench here…

[QUOTE=Gill2003;205036]I wish they would let students sit behind the players bench here…[/QUOTE]

They used to in the first season at Halton. After the Cincy melee, CUSA wouldn’t allow it anymore.

The worst part of that for me is that the effort of the fans actually make Belk look like bigtime basketball. Great shot of a full student section who actually understand the concept of wearing the same colors. I remember when we enjoyed getting up for games that much. :unhappy:

Anyone here remember the Cincy game several years back when Czaban and Penner got behind it with a huge T-shirt campaign? That was one of the best environments for a game ever. They talked up the game all week long on the radio, got juiced up at O’Charley’s before the game and Penner came out to Halton in an anti-Bearcat shirt. Bearcat Nikki was at that game as well. She sat in the endzone behind the Dusters. Wasn’t a seat to be had, scalpers everywhere outside and so loud inside you couldn’t hear yourself think.

I also remember Czaban and Penner driving the WFNZ “Big Unit” up to Columbia for our game against the Gamec0cks. Despite the loss, it was a blast seeing Penner out in the parking lot drinking 40’s before the game. Good times…

If anyone thinks we’ve progressed from those days, please pass along whatever it is you’re smoking.

Ah the good ol’ days! I think the downfall really started with that horrible loss 2 years ago to that horrible Tulane team.

Bearcat Nikki was hot, but she caught hell. I heard dudes yelling all kind of crap to her at one of the games. The best Cincy win was the year we sucked but still beat them. Cause we didnt have much to cheer about that year.

No way. Seeing Colson punch Brannen in the grill as they tumbled in the corner tops everything.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;205068]

Anyone here remember the Cincy game several years back when Czaban and Penner got behind it with a huge T-shirt campaign? That was one of the best environments for a game ever. They talked up the game all week long on the radio, got juiced up at O’Charley’s before the game and Penner came out to Halton in an anti-Bearcat shirt. Bearcat Nikki was at that game as well. She sat in the endzone behind the Dusters. Wasn’t a seat to be had, scalpers everywhere outside and so loud inside you couldn’t hear yourself think.

I also remember Czaban and Penner driving the WFNZ “Big Unit” up to Columbia for our game against the Gamec0cks. Despite the loss, it was a blast seeing Penner out in the parking lot drinking 40’s before the game. Good times…
[/QUOTE]

damn you. :smile:

I was just starting to accept that this is just a “down year” and you have to remind me of a time when people actually wanted to BE AT HALTON ARENA.

If that wasn’t bad enough, you have to remind me that once upon a time, there were people in the local media that actually cared…THEY ACTUALLY CARED !!!

I would appreciate if you’d refrain from talking about the good times until we can start to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

I think you’ve just forced me to add a few more sessions with my Counselor.

Bearcat Nikki was hot, but she caught hell. I heard dudes yelling all kind of crap to her at one of the games.

Yeah, I have fond memories of her wearing a half shirt and “Hey Diego…Kiss this” painted on her very toned stomach with an arrow pointing down. :tongue:

AAAAHHHHH…those were the days. I actually hung out with her a little at the CUSA tourney in Cinci. She was pretty cool but had a thing for shorter guys.

I remember Nikki coming up and sitting in our section for a few minutes at one game. She definitely drew some attention.