Rice Post Game Thread

That was fun.

That second half was AWESOME! Benas hitting a three was pretty awesome! Great game by the Niners! Rice has been fried! GO NINERS!

Tied niners record with 17 made 3s in a game. (17/29 - 59%)

Down 10 at half to win by 29… I’ve never seen such a swing and dominating 2nd half.

#coaching it’s amazing!

Anybody know the last time we won a half by 39?

The first half was some of the ugliest basketball I’ve seen in Halton. The second half was some of the most beautiful. Very entertaining to watch in the end. Come on out to Halton on Saturday for a good show.

Down 10 at half - if Major was on the bench, we would’ve lost that game.

I’m pretty sure it’s been over 5 years. One important factor for the future is the way Benas played. We needed that. It’s great to have a coach that makes solid halftime adjustments. We looked like a completely different team in the 2nd half.

With Alan Major’s usual halftime adjustments we would have been down by 20 by the 18 minute mark.

But, praise the Lord he’s gone now and we have hope again and its amazing.

I haven’t seen them shoot that well in forever. Maybe ever.

Incredible how this season has turned around and been so much more fun than last year.

Loving this team right now.

I’m pretty sure it’s been over 5 years. One important factor for the future is the way Benas played. We needed that. It’s great to have a coach that makes solid halftime adjustments. We looked like a completely different team in the 2nd half.[/quote] Benas For Threeeeee!!!

I’m pretty sure it’s been over 5 years. One important factor for the future is the way Benas played. We needed that. It’s great to have a coach that makes solid halftime adjustments. We looked like a completely different team in the 2nd half.[/quote] Benas For Threeeeee!!![/quote]
To hit the CENTURY mark!!!

We scored 66 points in the second half, and Rice scored 73 in the game. :o

I’m reminded of Coach saying in an article a couple of days ago that we must learn how to finish games. I like how we kept our foot on their throat and didn’t let up as happens too often, blowing leads.

And Hal Wissell may have lost this game also.
I mention that because it is so pertinent to the game tonight.

That torrent of 3s was reminiscent of NINER teams of the past with names like Jackson, Dink, Diego, Jobey, Lew, Plavich and others. What a show that was. I told my wife during the game we had not hit that many 3s in a looooong time. Learned after the game it tied a school record. Beautiful to see again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tonight we had five players in double figures, and this is not unusual. I never remember a team that was this balanced.

[quote=“49er1, post:16, topic:30170”]That torrent of 3s was reminiscent of NINER teams of the past with names like Jackson, Dink, Diego, Jobey, Lew, Plavich and others. What a show that was. I told my wife during the game we had not hit that many 3s in a looooong time. Learned after the game it tied a school record. Beautiful to see again. :p[/quote]I’ve never witnessed a half of basketball as efficient as that from any college team. For two teams who were supposed evenly matched and us down 10 at half, it was shocking. Rice had all the confidence in the world entering the 2nd half which is usually difficult to overcome. Whatever was said or adjusted at half to merit that beatdown cannot be overstated. It’s time to jump on that wagon and hold on cause we’re in for a ride.

And Hal Wissell may have lost this game also.
I mention that because it is so pertinent to the game tonight.[/quote]

gamer, don’t you have anything positive to say about the win?

We had some games under Foster where we dominated like we did tonight, but in both halves. There was no 3 point basket back then, so the game was played a little different, but tonight’s game reminded me of some of those games from yesteryear with the way we were running and scoring. We dominated some games like this under Rose too, but those games were closer because they were usually lower scoring.

Tonight’s 2nd half also reminded me of a game in Halton against South Carolina and all 3 games against Louisville during Denny Crum’s final season.