Rice Post Game Thread

What are the most points we’ve ever scored in a half?

This was an amazing game and a great comeback from the doldrums of the first half. We managed to slice-n-dice their (Rice) so-called defense with what seem like little or no effort. Yes, I haven’t seen blow outs like that since Lutz and it’s great to get that glorious feeling again! I have nothing but praise for Coach Price and the team. I know it is a long shot with only 7 games left but I do hope that we can manage to make the .500 mark this season.

clt says no one wants to play us in the cusa tourney.

What a win…

Going forward, the most important thing Price can do is continue to get Beans meaningful minutes and build the confidence. Obviously Big Joe is the best big man in CUSA and will get most of the run, but picking spots for Beans is huge. He really is the most important guy for next year.

Good - Second half

Bad - First half

Ugly - Halftime show

-A 40 point swing in the second half is crazy.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:25, topic:30170”]Good - Second half

Bad - First half

Ugly - Halftime show

-A 40 point swing in the second half is crazy.[/quote]

Cannot stress how good A and T’s drum line performing at halftime was last week. From what I understand, that is their halftime show every game. I could get behind that.

clt says no mention that the game is televised locally. :frowning:

I was having fun reading the box score until this… Attendance: 3127

It was pretty sad, and I am not sure why. The ODU game was much better attended.

First game I went to all year and man what a second half. What’s the deal with the sound system? Everything is muffled in the upper deck.

I’ve sat in the Upper deck and Lower deck. The sound quality is poor in both places.

I’ve sat in the Upper deck and Lower deck. The sound quality is poor in both places.[/quote]
That HAS to be replaced this offseason, can’t hear any of the talking that is included in any of the clips that they play on the big screen.

I’ve sat in the Upper deck and Lower deck. The sound quality is poor in both places.[/quote]
That HAS to be replaced this offseason, can’t hear any of the talking that is included in any of the clips that they play on the big screen.[/quote]

My wife always makes fun of everyones name. She just yells some muffled high volume voice anytime someone scores because that is what it sounds like over the PA.

I’ve sat in the Upper deck and Lower deck. The sound quality is poor in both places.[/quote]When Halton was first built, I thought it was just my hearing (don’t hear all that well) but to this day I’ve yet to understand a single word from the PA announcer. Other arenas don’t have this problem so what’s up? I know they’re aware of it because some years ago I was told they spent thousands for an audio guy to tackle the problem. If he did anything I can’t tell it. It sure would be nice to understand some of the game situations as well as halftime ceremonies .

We are 11 games into conference play with a 5-6 record. Our six losses have been by an average of 4.17 points, and our five wins by an average margin of 12.6 points. Our only loss by more than 5 points was our first conference game, where we lost by 9 to ODU.

I don’t know that this really means anything, but it sure feels like while we are not yet good enough to beat everybody, we are good enough to beat anybody. We need to finish strong and get a bye in the Conference Tournament, because we could run the tables.

I’ve sat in the Upper deck and Lower deck. The sound quality is poor in both places.[/quote]When Halton was first built, I thought it was just my hearing (don’t hear all that well) but to this day I’ve yet to understand a single word from the PA announcer. Other arenas don’t have this problem so what’s up? I know they’re aware of it because some years ago I was told they spent thousands for an audio guy to tackle the problem. If he did anything I can’t tell it. It sure would be nice to understand some of the game situations as well as halftime ceremonies .[/quote]

sound sucks at basketball and football which makes me think it has more to do with the people running the sound at events than the equipment

The Student sections were REALLY thin last night. What’s up with that?

THIS!

I do not understand the attendance at all. the student section was awful. I do not understand why we cannot put a little effort into getting the students out of the dorms to the gym. We played at the Big I when I was in school and we always filled both end zones and the enrollment was 10k at the time with most living at home with Mom and Dad. We just half way do things and never put the effort in to make it a top-notch program.