Richmond v. Charlotte - Postgame

64-58.

:unhappy:

[QUOTE=gotLutz;291030]64-58.

:unhappy:[/QUOTE]

Never seen a team shoot 1-23 from the 3…and win

three jacking definitely killed us today. I’d like to see less of Mack and more of Dewhurst… tough game for Lee as well, but I think he will rebound and go on a tear for the next few games. Lets hope this loss burns inside this team and we can tear up the rest of the conference.

What can I saw, we brought our Monmouth/Hofstra game today, pissing away from 3’s and the FT line…,…

Our “one man show” of Leemire Goldwire will put up 30 points one night, and go cold the next. I cannot wait till next year when we have a much more ‘balanced’ team where we’re not to dependent on one man. But to be fair, our second option, Mack, went cold as well. So the blame cannot be placed squarely on one man. In fact, I’d say it’s amazing we pulled ahead with the lead with just a few minutes to go with both of these guys out of their game. Right?

The point is…

Dewberry needs to start.

Wilderness needs to start.

Period.

The point is...

Dewberry needs to start.

Period.

Agreeded + plus Gerrity

[QUOTE=gotLutz;291036]Our “one man show” of Leemire Goldwire will put up 30 points one night, and go cold the next. I cannot wait till next year when we have a much more ‘balanced’ team where we’re not to dependent on one man. But to be fair, our second option, Mack, went cold as well. So the blame cannot be put squarely on one man.

The point is…

Dewberry needs to start.

Period.[/QUOTE]

Dew and Wilderness play the same position, doubt they will ever start at the same time.

Mack had a bad game, but he has been averaging over 15 a game in conference play.

Man, we had a BAD shooting day while our opponent had a HOT first half. Not much you can do when the ball bounces that way.

Why in the hell does lutz let us keep shooting damn 3’s?
We can beat all the Clemson’s, St. Joe’s, & Wake’s we want, but losing to Hofstra, Monmouth, & 1-of-23 3’s will cost us a Tourney Bid.

its not that bad even with the horrible 3 point shooting we still stuck in the game, Look at the bright side Coley III was ballin, dunkin the ball hard, a really nice block that pumped up the crowd. Anyways about the three point game, That is our game, we run and gun with the deep ball and it works for us, we dont really have many options our mid-range game is just average, our post game??, so we go with what works for us fast breaks and swingin for the three. Lee just couldnt find it and Mack was struggle’n you could see it in their faces, I think that our line up is the best line up and the way we sub in and out we let the BEST guys play, NOBODY TONIGHT had a stand out game, but the NINERS are our team and stick by them and dont let one fustrating loss get to us…I say that b/c someone in section 105 tonight maybe a couple of people were sayin discouraging things towards our players what kind of crap is that someone yelled “Gerrity get out of the game you suck” how can that help get us the win!!! Even my GF was like what the F does this kid ever come to a game…and also he was disrespectin Mack and Lee for an off game even Lebron James and Micheal Jordan had off games??? Lets let this be a learning experience and move on and smash the rest of the conference!!!

What a piss poor effort by lutz today. I am sorry, but a week to prepare, and thats the garbage we got? I don’t even know if we have game preperation.
I am sorry but I am tired of this “we do better in the second half” b/s, thats cause we have terrible game prep.

-Do we EVER have a play out of a timeout. i mean we even called 2 timeouts with the ball when we were actually doing well and we got some garbage shot. wasting timeouts…
-The “into the backcourt” inbounds play is a bail out, not a play, so why do we default to it.
-What about Lamont Mack has shown you that if he shoots 0-4 he is suddenly going to “turn it on?”
-Why when they were 5 for 6 from the 3-point line, do we go to a zone?

We couldn’t throw it in the ocean for sure, but did you see some of the shots we took? terrible.

What a piss poor effort by lutz today. I am sorry, but a week to prepare, and thats the garbage we got? I don't even know if we have game preperation. I am sorry but I am tired of this "we do better in the second half" b/s, thats cause we have terrible game prep.

-Do we EVER have a play out of a timeout. i mean we even called 2 timeouts with the ball when we were actually doing well and we got some garbage shot. wasting timeouts…
-The “into the backcourt” inbounds play is a bail out, not a play, so why do we default to it.
-What about Lamont Mack has shown you that if he shoots 0-4 he is suddenly going to “turn it on?”
-Why when they were 5 for 6 from the 3-point line, do we go to a zone?

We couldn’t throw it in the ocean for sure, but did you see some of the shots we took? terrible.

Probably because Mack was what, 1-7 in the last game before hitting 3 3s in a row.
We shot 1-23 from 3. That is not coaching…you’re completely mistaken if you think otherwise. We hit 3/23 and we’re tied, and that’s giving them all those free throws.

1-for-23? Come on. Anybody on this board could hit 2. Geez.

What a piss poor effort by lutz today. I am sorry, but a week to prepare, and thats the garbage we got? I don't even know if we have game preperation.

You can’t be that harsh with lutz. No one could shoot today Goldwire, Mack, or Andersen. We are a team that relies heavily on the 3 point game whether its right or wrong isn’t the issue… It has been working well lately, but today with everyone cold it obviously didn’t. It’s seems as if when the 3 point drop no one complains, the second things don’t go as planned everyone so so quick to judge. However, I agree 100% on the poor inbounds play.

Overall, Keep your heads up. It was a horrible game I admit that, but we are young. We will bounce back.

....We shot 1-23 from 3. That is not coaching..you're completely mistaken if you think otherwise...

He’s not mistaken. It IS coaching because Lutz can easily stop it by saying, “Shoot another 3 and you’ll sit the rest of the game.”

Bottom line… When you’re not hitting your 3s, you say, “Damn, we’ll try something else.” Based on our FG shooting %, those missed 3s equated to about 8 points

The “keep shooting, one is bound to go in” approach doesn’t work for us, we should stop.

We played a horrible game, very irritating coming off of a week to prepare, but give credit to Richmond, they came out with the same gameplan they did against Dayton, stop option #1 and make everybody else beat them, and nobody stepped up. Frustrating for sure, but the team looked horrible and still had chances to win, it was just one of those nights.

Time to move on, Dayton is up next.

stop worrying about the tourny and lets worry about winning some confrence games… maybe mack should have showed up a little earlier than hour and half before tip to…nice to see a starter roll in when Im in line an hour and a half before tip.

Bad loss. 1-23 is rough. We really needed this game.

GOSH DARN IT.

that is all.

Who quits shooting when they miss? I have a feeling we would have lost by more if we wouldnt have taken shots. To hell with our coach for teaching the players persistence. When does that work for us? Let’s see…just about every other game we’ve played in.