Richmond vs St Mary's

Omar Samhan is keeping SMU in the game… 17 pts 7 boards in the first half!

Last I saw, Saint Mary’s was outrebounding Richmond 12-1 :o

Good lord, look at his stats page… how have I never heard of this guy before?

his numbers are beast…

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/players/playerpage/1145206/omar-samhan

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:3, topic:22805”]Good lord, look at his stats page… how have I never heard of this guy before?

his numbers are beast…[/quote]

East coast bias.

:smiley:

I watched St Mary’s beat Gonzaga in their championship game. It was the only game I watched with them…but they played on Gonzaga’s court like they were the better team and controlled the game start to finish.

Gonzaga gets the hype (based on history I guess) but when they were on the court together, St Mary’s was impressive and the better team (81-62)…easily.

shoutbox comment - but Sam Houston State is on the verge of destroying my bracket. I have Baylor in the FF.

Richmond only has 8 rebounds in this game. Samhan is killing them. They need to get a 4th foul on Samhan or they’re going to lose this game.

We could’ve played them better. How can they not get boards?

St Mary’s is a good team. You have to be more athletic than them to win. It was a REALLY BAD matchup for Richmond.

St. Mary’s pulling away now…up 12

UofR going down :’(

Worried this is gonna be Temple’s fate too - another bad matchup.

Per NA’s post, if Baylor wins, I’m screwed. They’re in my FF as well. I definitely bought into the media hype on that one.

Sucks for Richmond. I hope Temple at least gets a shot at UK but I don’t think they can get past them.

We need to start recruiting Australia. There is a lot of talent in that country and many of them end up successful at the collegiate level it seems (No Iti jokes please).

Gah I hate being in the A-10…

Richmond is done.

Richmond, welcome to Ninerdom from about '98-'05. Nice season, but tough opening matchup and its over.

At least you were ranked the last couple of weeks.

The sad thing is, Richmond would have a much easier time with Villanova…but I don’t think St Mary’s can handle Villanova’s press and full court running. St Mary does not do well with gunning teams…which Richmond is not.

UofR you are blowing our cut of 2nd Round money. I think Judy should send you sorry a55es a bill!

Like I’ve always said…THE A10 SUCKS!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

And you guys don’t get it…

[quote=“ninerdad101, post:19, topic:22805”]Like I’ve always said…THE A10 SUCKS!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

And you guys don’t get it…[/quote]

+1. It’s amusing really.