Rivalries

But do you not think we could pick a fight with USC? I mean I do agree that rivalries grow on their own, but several of them are somewhat predetermined. Georgia and GT is not the same as Maryland and Dook. UGA and GT were destined and probably a little bit planned to be that way at some point. Having a foil is great for development. Both teams make each other better. Probably a big reason the 3 NC colleges most popular in sports are within a few miles of each other. Geographical location helps a lot and has to be considered.

So if it were possible to pick a fight, USC would be the best school to do it with I think. Does anyone think it would be possible to pick a fight with anyone at all or is that just to wishful?

no i donā€™t think we will ever have a rival game between us and usc because frankly they wouldnā€™t care. because the clemson vs. usc game is bigger than life itsself. if they had a rival game between any school in NC it would be north carolina because it would ā€œCarolinaā€ vs. ā€œCarolinaā€

Thats rightā€¦ Charlotte and Raliegh are also always compared to one another geographically because each city thinks they are better than the other. (we all know who is right though)

Look to what we have now too. GW and Wake Forest. If we blow them away and get our revenge.. that might be the beggining of some bad blood. You never know.

BUTTTTTT isnā€™t GW 4-0 vs in the last 5 years or something like that?

I do recall losing to them quite a bit more than I wish I remembered

Charlotte vs Raleigh could be a nice rivalry. We were working on a series with the Wolfpack last year where they agreed to come to Halton. I have no idea where it stands now that Herbie is gone.

I wish the Charlotte/ATL thing could develop more but Iā€™m guessing Hewitt isnā€™t interested. Thatā€™s a shame.

First offā€¦USC (the REAL USC) will never be a rivalā€¦Southern Cal is just to far away to be a rivalā€¦now if you mean the university of south carolina??? who the hell wants to be their rival?

I think Dayton will become a good conferance rival for several reasonsā€¦

1. They are from the worst state in the unionā€¦nothing good has ever come from that stateā€¦and Dayton is living proof.

2. They have annoying fansā€¦this is a must for any good rivalā€¦Dayton has a very annoying fan baseā€¦

3. We seem to spank their ass every time we play emā€¦although it might make for a lopsided rivalryā€¦it is fun to be on the winning side all the timeā€¦see Davidson as an example

First off...USC (the REAL USC) will never be a rival......Southern Cal is just to far away to be a rival................................................................now if you mean the university of south carolina???? who the hell wants to be their rival?
Pshhh So Car is a lot older. They are cooler too. They are so cool, they left the ACC!
I think Dayton will become a good conferance rival for several reasons....
  1. They are from the worst state in the unionā€¦nothing good has ever come from that stateā€¦and Dayton is living proof.

2. They have annoying fansā€¦this is a must for any good rivalā€¦Dayton has a very annoying fan baseā€¦

3. We seem to spank their ass every time we play emā€¦although it might make for a lopsided rivalryā€¦it is fun to be on the winning side all the timeā€¦see Davidson as an example

You think Ohio is the worst state in the union? No way. They brought us the coolest roller coasters in the world! Now Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, or SC I could see being called the worst state in the union but no way is Ohio the worst. (Yes, I like USC but think SC blows.)

I was really hoping for a Xavier rivalry - sort of a spinoff from the 'ol Cincy/Charlotte rivalry. The problem is that Xavier fans have been nice and they arenā€™t delusional enough to make a really good villain. Actually, the A-10 as a whole seem to support each other really well with only a couple exceptions.

Dayton is the only team in the A-10 that I wonā€™t root for to win their non-conf. games. Iā€™ve hated that team for years. I once had a boss who I loathed with a passion - the first day I met him, I felt a big, stupid class ring on his finger. I asked ā€˜what college?ā€™ and he said ā€˜Daytonā€™ and then he kind of growled at me. What a jerk.

Iā€™m so glad we beat Dayton twice this past year. But we should have grabbed the person who hung up ā€˜the signā€™ and staple-gunned him to one of Haltonā€™s walls.

after last years GW game iā€™d say thereā€™s definitely a rivalry there. as for wake, we may consider them such because of the last gameā€¦but i doubt their fans think the same considering they have the unc/duke/etc rivals to worry about. after the ncaa tourny when we played state that developed a nice little rivalry, id like to see that one grow.

we should have grabbed the person who hung up 'the sign' and staple-gunned him to one of Halton's walls.
What sign is this?
What sign is this?

A giant ā€˜GO DAYTONā€™ sign. Hung prominently for the television cameras.

http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12276&page=2

yeah i wouldnā€™t mind starting a rival game between dayton. It would be a nice road trip and get like a huge car pool up there and then BAM we show them the wake forest treatment hahah.