Rivals 347 team Hoops Countdown

They started at the bottom and have been working up… they’re about to post the 100-150 range.

[URL=http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=988039]http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=988039[/URL]

Looks like they have 10 of the 14 A10 teams in the top 150 (including us).

Not bad.

This list seems to be a bit better informed that that stupid College Hoops top 144 list.

In the 151-200 range:

St Louis 159

UNCA 166.

Davidson 177

App 181

Winthrop 185

St Bonnie 191

This list seems to be a bit better informed that that stupid College Hoops top 144 list.

Obviously, they have us 25 spots higher.

101. Charlotte [B]CONFERENCE[/B]: Atlantic 10 [B]BEST PLAYER[/B]: G DiJuan Harris [B]QUICK TAKE[/B]: Coach Bobby Lutz almost certainly needs to get a postseason bid to keep his job. [B]BUZZ[/B]: Charlotte was one of the better teams in C-USA, going to five NCAA tournaments in seven seasons. The 49ers haven't been back since 2005. Injuries played a role in Charlotte's 11-20 record last season, its worst since 1985-86. Several new additions in the frontcourt could help Charlotte turn things around. If not, a coaching change might be in order.

A-10 thus far…

101. Charlotte (7th)
114. Rhode Island (8th)
117. Saint Joseph’s (9th)
123. UMass (10th)
159. Saint Louis (11th)
193. St. Bonaventure (12th)
203. George Washington (13th)
227. Fordham (14th)

Rivals.com: Nos. 101-150

Decent prediction, but we NEED to finish much higher than 101 to make a national stir/generate school pride/etc. We would have to do better than that just to make the NIT.

#100 won’t get you a postseason bid. So are they predicting that Bobby’s out?

I think we’ll do better than that.

My prediction is we will finish 4th in the A-10 and make it to the 3rd round of the NIT. I would be ok with that, but I will not be happy unless we make the NCAA.

[QUOTE=punkrockcowboy;431292]My prediction is we will finish 4th in the A-10 and make it to the 3rd round of the NIT. I would be ok with that, but I will not be happy unless we make the NCAA.[/QUOTE]

I guess I’m spoiled but if you don’t make the NCAA tourney the year is a failure. I can live with it every 3rd or 4th year or so if we’ve had a senior ladden club that played together for a while and had success. I realize we’re not Duke or UNC-Ch, we have to rebuld every now and then.

Missing the NCAA Tourney 4 straight years or so is completely unacceptable.

If we don’t make the NCAA tournament then the season IS a failure. I really thought that last year’s team was good enough to be an at-large bid challenger (go ahead and laugh if you want - that’s really what I believed). The losing isn’t making me more patient … it’s making me less patient.

By the same token, if some random college basketball prognosticator ranks Charlotte low, I’m not going to beat my chest and tell everyone how great we are - not after losing 20 games.

[QUOTE=survivor45;431317]If we don’t make the NCAA tournament then the season IS a failure. I really thought that last year’s team was good enough to be an at-large bid challenger (go ahead and laugh if you want - that’s really what I believed). The losing isn’t making me more patient … it’s making me less patient.

By the same token, it some random college basketball prognosticator ranks Charlotte low, I’m not going to beat my chest and tell everyone how great we are - not after losing 20 games.[/QUOTE]

It’s only funny in hindsight. I thought we were an NIT calibre team last year. We should have been.

Next 50 of note…

1. La Salle (3rd A-10)
  2. Old Dominion (1st CAA)
  3. Richmond (4th A-10)
  4. Duquesne (5th A-10)
  5. Temple (6th A-10)

Rivals.com: Nos. 51-100

Ugh, only 2 teams in the top 50?

Off topic - just noticed your avatar Run. I liked Bell X1. Especially that [I]Rocky Took a Lover [/I]song.

Ugh, only 2 teams in the top 50?

Yeah, these rankings don’t seem to think too highly of the A10 as a conference.

Richmond will be better than that. I am hoping we will be too. They like LaSalle though. Putting a lot on that freshman.

We get Temple and Duquesne at home this year. That will be a big help. Too bad we don’t have Briscoe when we play the Dukes.