Robert D Raeford's 2 Cents

So, today has been a big day on Charlotte radioā€¦ Mac E was on WBT this morning and Dr. Phil will be on WFNZ at 12:40 and Sorenson wrote a great article in todayā€™s paper. Well, lets add to that list Robert D Raeford.

I was told by good olā€™ Hooligan that this morning Mr. Raeford blasted not only football hopes at Charlotte, but attacked the image of the school too! Called us a safety school and nothing more than a commuter college. Then proceeded to say we donā€™t need football. He then digressed to how different universities and athletics are now. In a way I see his last statement as justification and reasoning of his prior statements that he just doesnā€™t understand the evolution and because he doesnā€™t agree with it he thinks those picking up steam should be stepped on.

My biggest gripe is why he picked on us on a nationally syndicated show. I hate that our image isnā€™t very large yet, but the truth is many of their listeners probably donā€™t even know who he was talking aboutā€¦

Thoughts? Anyone else hear this? Are my observations and second hand accounts accurate?

Maybe some of the listeners will think he was referring to unc-chapel hill since Iā€™me sure he used the term ā€œUNCā€.

Why do ā€œpersonalitiesā€ (and I use that term very loosely) insist on continually referring to us in negative ways. Itā€™s no wonder we have these reputations. I believe John Boy is a big tarheell fan, so that could be part of the issue. I havenā€™t listened to that show in a while, but isnā€™t RDR anti-sports?

Someone needs to start getting the word out that we have a lower percentage of commuters than many other schools.

Heā€™s a ā€˜Mecklenburgerā€™ do we need to say any more?

Iā€™ve lived in Charlotte for nearly 10 years.

I do not have satellite radio.

Iā€™ve never heard of Robert D Raeford.

Where can he be reached at. This is just pure bullying. I can understand someone wanting to make an argument against football however taking a full fledged shot at the university in general is just overboard. Most of the opponents to football I have heard have pointed to enhancing the academics. However apparently Raeford thinks weā€™re just overall trash. Honestly I have never heard so much angst from one town, while the rest of the nation may be indifferent/ignorant towards us it almost seems, at the risk of sounding paranoid, that half of Charlotte goes out of their way to hinder us. Why the heck are these old guard UNC-CH and UNC-R guys so afraid of us and determined to dump on us, academically and athletically. Is Raefordā€™s pathetic life so unfulfilling due to the fact that the only reason people listen to the reverse disposal that is his mouth is because of the tone he was born with, that he must pick on schools that he has no idea about. Well how bout this Mr. Raeford, chapel hill is a damn shell ok, the undergrad program is pathetic, half the students show no exceptional intelligence and are there for the shiny wrapper, not the contents. The quality of your education normally comes from the personal work you put into it. Plenty of prominent people have come from UNC-G or UNC-W or Charlotte, and plenty of career middle managers have come from UNC-CH and UNC-R. Stick with what you know Raeford, whatever that may be.

"Stick with what you know Raeford, whatever that may be."
I hear itā€™s Jack, which may provide an explanation.

You should check out the website for the mecklenburgers, they are really struggling to polish that turd. They should eliminate all script and just show a looping video of a guy unloading a bottle of febreze on some dog doo, perfect metaphor for the show.

Old fartā€¦

[URL=http://www.thebigshow.com/00crew/raiford.html]Robert D. Raiford[/URL]

[QUOTE=VA49er;299217]Old fartā€¦

[URL=http://www.thebigshow.com/00crew/raiford.html]Robert D. Raiford[/URL][/QUOTE]

John Boy & Billy connection. that explains alot.

between this show, mark packer & chris mcclain, outsiders to Charlotte must really think we are a bunch of stupid hillbillies.

I really do not know who this guy isā€¦ seriously, who is he? He doesnā€™t seem very important.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;299194] Mac E was on WBT this morning [/QUOTE]

Anyone hear what Mac had to say??

[QUOTE]
[B][U]Robert D. Raiford[/U][/B]
Education?
BA Journalism, MA Mass Communication, University of South Carolina
[/QUOTE]

Heā€™s a 'Cock. That explains a lot. They donā€™t want us starting up a football program, either.

[QUOTE=X-49er;299233]Heā€™s a 'Cock. That explains a lot. They donā€™t want us starting up a football program, either.[/QUOTE]

I doubt Raiford even remembers he went to USC.

Looks like an old redneck that likes to play with monkeys. Maybe he spanks
it once in a while. LMAO

[QUOTE=fishniner;299237]Looks like an old redneck that likes to play with monkeys. Maybe he spanks
it once in a while. LMAO[/QUOTE]

And. . . just for kicks, once in a while he may even let the monkey spanks him, too.:tongue:

the only people who listen to John Boy and Billy are hillbillies. UNC CH fans, dook fans, pretty much the Pacman - Mac Attack crowd from trailer parks in Gastonia.

Robert Who? Nuff saidā€¦

You should check out the website for the mecklenburgers, they are really struggling to polish that turd. They should eliminate all script and just show a looping video of a guy unloading a bottle of febreze on some dog doo, perfect metaphor for the show.

Time to email the city council or the mayor? Anybody who is supposed to be an ā€œambassadorā€ for the city, yet bashes the the local university, shouldnā€™t have that job anymore.

[QUOTE=metro;299365]the only people who listen to John Boy and Billy are hillbillies. UNC CH fans, dook fans, pretty much the Pacman - Mac Attack crowd from trailer parks in Gastonia.[/QUOTE]

You really donā€™t need to be taking a swipe at my hometown for no damn reason Metro. We will also need support outside this city and Gaston County is the largest outside the city population wise. Its a damn fine place to live and its just as full of Tarhole rednecks as this city and the rest of the area. My 2 cents!

Man you have to admit, Gaston county is pretty roughā€¦in spots

They did not call it little Chicago during the prohibition days for nothing:)