Rock Band 2 / GH question

Okay, so it turns out that my son loves these games (he likes to bang the drums), and I’m enjoying playing with him. I picked up RB2 for cheap, and noticed that you can d/l add’l songs from XBox live, but they’re really expensive. They’re 160 pts each, and 500 pts costs $12.50, so a song will cost you $4 each. Stupid MS overpricing everything on Live. There’s some “packs”, but the discount is minimal, and I only like a couple of them. I’m more about individual songs.

So, what’s the best deal on getting more songs? Is it better in GH land?

I can’t believe I am considering spending money on this. I always thought this game was so dumb.

It’s the only game I play. As a drummer I got guitar hero world tour, because the drums are more realistic than the rock band drums. Plus there are Tool songs on guitar hero, and not on rockband.

I have the PS2 version, and unfortunately you can’t download any content on that version for some reason, so I can’t speak to the downloads.

It’s a really fun game.

Uh, 400 points is $5. Rock band songs are $2. Not sure where you got your info.

Rock band is a far superior game to me, I have about five or six hundred songs now. Not sure. You can pick up RB1 and import all the songs for $5. What a deal.

Uh, 400 points is $5. Rock band songs are $2. Not sure where you got your info.

Rock band is a far superior game to me, I have about five or six hundred songs now. Not sure. You can pick up RB1 and import all the songs for $5. What a deal.

I would say rock band gameplay is more enjoyable, but it’s not really superior to me. GH World Tour Drums are way better than RB’s there is really no comparing it on that regard. I have GH WT instruments and own both game disks. Rock band is more relaxed, whereas Guitar Hero is IN YOUR FACE.

XBox Live?

Is it because I have a “silver” account? Maybe my pricing is different? I dunno though - I had a Gold account and those were the prices then too.

I’d take a picture to show you if I weren’t at work. $5 for 400 pts isnt too bad. That’s $2/song.

You have hundreds of songs? wow.

I have GH guitars and they work with RB. I’d imagine the better drum set works with both too? (I have the RB drums).

Get Microsoft® Points

Microsoft® Points is a stored value system that allows consumers to purchase value for their account and use that value to redeem digital content. This service is supported by Zune™, Xbox LIVE®, Games for Windows – LIVE, and other Microsoft properties and partners. Learn more…

Xbox LIVE 1000 Microsoft Points bundle

$12.50

1000 Microsoft Points will be deposited into the account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. Use Microsoft Points to acquire gamer pictures, themes, and game content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace. For information about changing or canceling your membership and your membership refund policy, go to www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Xbox LIVE 500 Microsoft Points bundle - $6.25
Xbox LIVE 1000 Microsoft Points bundle - $12.50
Xbox LIVE 2000 Microsoft Points bundle - $25.00
Xbox LIVE 5000 Microsoft Points bundle - $62.50
Redeem Code

[I]Kool Thing[/I]? Arghhh.

I dont mind that song, but when I saw Sonic Youth on the list, I got my hopes up. No [I]Teenage Riot[/I]? Holy crap that would own.

Teenage Riot is already on the disc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band_2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_the_Rock_Band_series

[QUOTE]You can pick up RB1 and import all the songs for $5. What a deal. [/QUOTE]

If I were to borrow a friend’s disk could I do this? Or is there some way the game knows if you actually own the first one.

Yeah, you don’t have to own the game.

Yeah, you don't have to own the game.

I can’t believe I haven’t done this already.

Somewhat off topic, but they are coming out with a DJ Hero. I wish I was joking.

I had RB and GH and love playing the drums - I actually found RB much more fun than GH. I picked up the ION Drum kit and it pretty much makes the drum playing amazing. The drum kit will work with GH, but they feel more natural on RB.

[QUOTE=NovaNiner;414906]I can’t believe I haven’t done this already.

Somewhat off topic, but they are coming out with a DJ Hero. I wish I was joking.[/QUOTE]

Parappa the Rapper ripoff