Rodney Last Night

Got a chance to watch Hot Rod last night and he is so streaky. He came in the sceond quarter and scored 9 straight points including a 3.

Then he went on to not score the rest of the game. He is instant offense off of the bench.

DerMarr Johnson got the start but was unipressive and did not really play that many minutes. Boykins and Miller spent the most time in the backcourt.

Rodney’s role on that team is to give them a spark of the bench and that is it. I do not think they will start him because of the lack of scorers on their bench.

why is this in the recruiting forum?

i agree though, he is very streaky

It’s got to be frustrating for him, he went 4-5 for 9 points in a short span(he was the only Nugget to score in that span), then the coach left him in the game with the starters, but Rodney didn’t get another offensive touch after Melo and the other starters came in. So selfish, if a guy, ANY GUY, is hot, keep getting him the ball, Melo, Martin and Boykins instead hogged the shots, a lot of them pretty bad shots(off balance, runners, ect). Just gotta be frustrating to Rodney

Carmelo Anthony has the worst shot selection ever.

I taped the game and watched the second quarter. Rodney drilled his shots but still seemed to be standing around. I guess it’s just what they do on offense. Slash and shoot a lot of jumpers. I wasn’t impressed with their offense at all.

I saw a report from David Aldridge the other night. He said management and coach were in disagreement about what to do now that Leonard is out. Management (Kiki) wants to move Carmelo to the 2 and insert Rodney at the 3, going big. Bzdelik wants to move someone new into the 2. If they falter early, Bzdelik could be yanked and replaced with Michael Cooper, current Assistant.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Nov 6 2004, 02:27 PM [b]I saw a report from David Aldridge the other night. He said management and coach were in disagreement about what to do now that Leonard is out. Management (Kiki) wants to move Carmelo to the 2 and insert Rodney at the 3, going big. Bzdelik wants to move someone new into the 2. If they falter early, Bzdelik could be yanked and replaced with Michael Cooper, current Assistant.[/b]
More of the same, I'm willing to bet Bzdelik wasn't in too big of a rush to resign Rodney. Good news (at least for Rodney) is that I have also been hearing that management is going to have a short leash for Bzdelik this year. Cooper seems to be their guy. It doesn't really matter how good/bad of a coach Bzdelik is, management just doens't have condifence in him for whatever reason, no contract extension after that miricle playoff berth last year. His days seem to be numbered, he'll be lucky to run out this last year of his contract.

Game tonight, be interesting to see if Kiki or Buzz gets the call for the starting lineup.

I was thinking the same thing about their offense, how poor it looks. They are suppose to be a fast breaking team, I didn’t see any of it.

I am not sure I like Boykins game either, Rod plays most his time when Boykins is in the game they don’t seem to mesh.

It will be interesting to see how long their coach lasts, the thing to watch will be their W-L’s but also the impact of Martin, that will have a lot to do with the coaching change. They have made a big investment in Martin and will want to see him have an impact.

Rodney 21 min; 13 on 5-8; 5 rbs, 2 assists, 1 TO. I think he’s earned Anthony’s minutes.

Utah boxscore

I think this sums it up well:

Anthony scored just seven points on 3-of-20 shooting for Denver (1-2), which shot just below 40 percent (31-of-78) for the third consecutive game. Anthony has made just 17-of-67 shots this season.

“Our minds as a basketball team are not collectively right,” Bzdelik said. “I’m the head coach and I’ll take full responsibility for that.”

Earl Boykins scored 17 points on 6-of-12 shooting and Rodney White added 13 as the Nuggets’ bench outscored the starters, 47-35.

The always lament Rodney’s turnovers. Well guess what Buzz, a horrible shot is just as bad as a turnover. Any reason Nene didn’t play? Maybe he’s back in the doghouse too. Bzdelik seems to be a bit touchy.