Rodney listed as....

espn.com has Rodney listed as the 10th best free agent remaining in the league

ESPN’s top 10 free agents available

I would love to see Rodney end up in San Antonio and get to play with Tim Duncan.

I’ve been hearing Knicks as the most likely destination…which would leaving him the group with Houston, Penny, Tim Thomas and Shandon Anderson for the SG/SF spots. Penny and Anderson averaged over 25 minutes as primary backups with Thomas and Houston getting over 30 when they started. Good thing some of those guys are injury prone, otherwise he’s looking at more 3rd string minutes…

That’s assuming they dont make any trades, word is Isiah Thomas is shopping just about everybody on the team trying to bring in anybody(ranging from Eric Dampier to Vince Carter). So best case(if Knicks are the destination) is that Rodney signs and they trade away one or more of the 4 guys in front of Rodney on the depth chart for a PF, C or PG. Worst case would be if they don’t make any deals or bring in Carter or anybody else who could take time away…

Also don’t know how well he’s going to mesh with the “old school” coach Lenny Wilkins. He may have the same take on him as the Nuggets coach did…who knows…

I think the Knicks would be a wretched fit for him. LA and Miami because they need a SF. Boston because they need scoring besides Pierce. Man I really wish he originally signed there when O’Brien was coaching and they were running up and down the court jacking up threes. He would have maybe made the difference in the NJ series to have the right to get slaughtered by the Lakers.

Oh well.

Rodney now listed as the 9th best Free Agent Available

Jamaal Crawford is about to be traded to the Knicks after signing a new contract with Chicago(sign & trade). Don’t know who they are giving up, but this doesn’t bode well for Rodney going to NY unless they somehow dump Penny, Shandon Anderson AND Tim Thomas(or at least 2 of them), but that is very very unlikely.

Looks like Sacramento is the best available option now.

Worst things could happen. Like Marbury would give Rodney the ball…
He could play 3 positions for sure in Sacramento I think.

The trade just went down, leaving me thinking any chances of Rodney in NY just went out the window:

New York Knicks GET: Jamal Crawford and Jerome Williams
Chicago Bulls GET: Dikembe Mutumbo, Othella Harrington, Frank Williams and some foreign center

all this does is add Crawford into an already insanely crowded NY SG/SF situation. Penny, Shandon Anderson, Tim Thomas, Allen Houston and Crawford will all be fighting for minutes at two positions, yikes. I see Rodney resign with Denver before going to NY, but I’m betting his agent now has Sacremento at the top of his speed dial…

The Knicks are also trying to work a sign-and-trade for Dampier with Golden State. This may be a prelude to that.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Aug 5 2004, 08:54 PM [b]The Knicks are also trying to work a sign-and-trade for Dampier with Golden State. This may be a prelude to that.[/b]
Apparently the guys moved to Chicago for Crawford were the guys who would have been used in a sign and trade for Dampier. So if he ends up in NY, it will probably have to be a straight up signing, no trade involved. Unless the Knicks package 2 or 3 of their SG/SF players in a deal for Vince Carter, there isn't any room for Rodney up there, he'd be behind 5 guys who have all proven themselves as starters in the NBA. Not a good situation for a 22 year old looking for a breakout opportunity,

Word has it that Peja Stojakovic is asking for a trade.
Rodney to Sacramento is more and more looking like the best possibility for him.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Aug 6 2004, 08:15 AM [b] Word has it that Peja Stojakovic is asking for a trade. Rodney to Sacramento is more and more looking like the best possibility for him. [/b]
Would have to be a sign and trade with several Nuggets involved. They're discussing it at:

http://nuggets.proboards.com/