Ron Green, Jr.

OMG, how did you folks miss this one? Ron Green, Jr., of course a UNC-CH alum,
posted his video predictions for the Final Four games on the Observer website.
About two minutes long with Green really stepping out to make his
prediction for the National Championship game tonight: UNC-CH v. UCLA!
LMAO You gotta watch this video and someone, please, link Green’s
video to this message board before the Observer takes it down.

Oh man, somebody predicted UNC-CH to win it all? No way!

[QUOTE=fishniner;312965]Ron Green, Jr., of course a UNC-CH alum…[/QUOTE]
Are you also aware that Ron is also an alum of UNC Charlotte? He was the sports editor of the Carolina Journal during the 49ers’ Final Four season.

Are you also aware that Ron is also an alum of UNC Charlotte? He was the sports editor of the Carolina Journal during the 49ers' Final Four season.

You beat me to it HP! Green is a UNCCH lover though!

Sorry HP, you gonna have to give me the year of his graduation from
Charlotte and his degree. I beg to differ.

According to the American Heritage Dictionary, an alumnus (pl. alumni) is “a male graduate or [B]former student[/B] of a school, college, or university.”

You are considered an alumnus if you complete a quarter/semester at UNC Charlotte. Ron is a UNC Charlotte alumni but a graduate and alumnus of UNC-Chapel Hill. I don’t make the rules but that’s how it is.

Thanks for the clarification, HP. Do you know whether Ron “Green”, Jr.
was wearing forest green or powder blue at the 1977 Final Four?
Still wish someone would link the video. HP, I know you know how.
Hmmmm

Sorry, I was not a member of clothing police in those days. I don’t have a clue, but Ron did dress with a coat and tie for the games.

Link for you fish, [URL=http://videos.charlotte.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=1805994&genre_id=447][B][U]Final Four 2008 predictions[/U][/B][/URL].

Wrong video, HP. It’s the one with Ron Green, Jr. actually in the video in person.
Try again. Thanks.

HP, it’s off the front page now, but go to “More” sports and look for
"Video: Ron Green’s forecast".

Fixed above, the URL didn’t update.

[QUOTE=fishniner;313021]Do you know whether Ron “Green”, Jr.
was wearing forest green [/QUOTE] If my memory serves me correctly, he was wearing [b]GREEN[/B] during those games. And fish, lots of people predicted the tarholes to win it all this year, so Green’s prediction is really no big deal.

I think it’s a big deal. Green seems so confident, ala Billy Packer and
predicted UNC-CH would beat Kansas by 10+. I was only trying
to inject some humor into your life. I think it’s hilarious when a
sports guy totally misses the mark.

I think it's a big deal. Green seems so confident, ala Billy Packer and predicted UNC-CH would beat Kansas by 10+. I was only trying to inject some humor into your life. I think it's hilarious when a sports guy totally misses the mark.

Green, was no worse than Fowler in predicting an easy win for Chapel Hill over Kansas! Of course, both seem to write about Chapel Hill “sports” in 90% of their articles! They might as well be the Observer’s Tar Heel “beat writers” that Mike P. says they don’t have!

:smile:

[QUOTE=fishniner;313021]Thanks for the clarification, HP. Do you know whether Ron “Green”, Jr.
was wearing forest green or powder blue at the 1977 Final Four?
Still wish someone would link the video. HP, I know you know how.
Hmmmm[/QUOTE]

Y’all are confusing Jr. with Sr. It was Sr. at the 77 FF, not Jr. However, Jr. did attend Charlotte, but is a grad of crapple hole.

Both were in Atlanta. Jr. covered the 1977 Final Four for the Carolina Journal and Sr. for the Charlotte Observer.