Ron Sanchez - New Head Coach of the Charlotte 49ers

Let the record show that his new twitter handle is @coachsanchez49

https://www.twitter.com/coachsanchez49

A lot of good will from UVA fans on his twitter. Doesnā€™t seem to be very active prior to this though, wonder if that will change now that heā€™s a head coach.

Contrary to the post above, Charlotte despite our troubles, is a desirable CUSA job within college basketball circles.
There were several twitter feeds from national writers about it.

1 Like

Sanchez turned down at least two HC opportunities before us.

1 Like

And without Hill, he probably would have turned us down too (though I doubt he would have even been considered).

You never know.

He just gets more and more impressive with each interview. I can see why he recruits so well. Time will tell if he can coach.

i couldnā€™t get the charlotte49ers tv video to work. Could anyone else? The advertisement sure worked. If just mine, thatā€™s one thing but if everyone, terrible. Fire someone Hill.

It didnā€™t want to work in Firefox for me, but Chrome was fine.

Chrome was fine for me.

Chrome too.
Hill and Sanchez, matching blazersā€¦nice touch ! Togetherness !
Locking arms boys !

I thought t was a good presser. Canā€™t wait to see what assistants come in

Weird. Chrome wouldnā€™t work for me but IE was fine.

They just need to quit trying to run video through that website and use YouTube or some other major streaming service.

I havenā€™t seen it on youtube yet, anybody have a link to it?

Think this is a great hire for us. He is real and upfront about what it will take to get us back on the map. A couple quotes that stood out to me:
ā€œI couldā€™ve been comfortable at Virginia for the next 20 years and been totally fine, but I wanted to get uncomfortableā€ NLP about stood up and cheered when he said that and I felt the same way. He wants to be here, he wants the challenge!
ā€œWe are going to eliminate losingā€ he followed this up by talking about the small things that need to be corrected and paying attention to detail, something UVA has done a great job of under Tony Bennett.
All in all I really like the hire, he is also very approachable and personable and I personally donā€™t care about his twitter or whatever, just win!

1 Like

From Scott Fowler:
http://amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article207147054.html

I get what Fowler is saying about the timeline, but realistically Sanchez is right. As of now the core is saying they will stay. What about after a couple weeks in a different system and they realize they may be better elsewhere? You canā€™t really put a timeline on it. Weā€™re so far removed from success, just finish in the top half of conference will be great at this point, and then incrementally keep moving forward.

Im still not 100 % sold. Hope im wrong.

1 Like