RPI drops to 50

i guess 50 is not too bad after yesterday’s game. we were at 30 or 33 yesterday.

After we beat cincy we will be ok even if we lose it will go up

And then should we choke again at Saint Louis (after Houston game), it will take a nasty turn for the worse.

I’m trying to put the loss behind me but I think the ONLY way, for me personally, to amend this loss is to beat Cincy, Houston and FINALLY win one in Saint Louis. That would set up a huge game at home against DePaul. Even if we beat Cincy and still lose at Saint Louis, it’s not acceptable. These next three games need to go in the win column if we want to make up for that debacle yesterday.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 08:54 AM [b] And then should we choke again at Saint Louis (after Houston game), it will take a nasty turn for the worse.

I’m trying to put the loss behind me but I think the ONLY way, for me personally, to amend this loss is to beat Cincy, Houston and FINALLY win one in Saint Louis. That would set up a huge game at home against DePaul. Even if we beat Cincy and still lose at Saint Louis, it’s not acceptable. These next three games need to go in the win column if we want to make up for that debacle yesterday. [/b]

I hope you are right JCL, but you might want to keep a valium close by just in case.

JCL, after attending the game yesterday, you could tell from the pre game warmups that we were NOT ready to play.

We were very lazy in warmups, were not hitting our shots, and looked very
lackadasical.

At about the 8 minute mark when we were up by 7, I could see the players laughing and joking at the ft line…

I posted on here before the game that these ecu guys were playing for herions’s job.

I mean, ecu is like 5-14???

ECU wanted it more and they got it.

Terrible way to lose, but all will be forgotten if we beat Cincy.

[i]Originally posted by sf49er[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 09:34 AM [b]

Terrible way to lose, but all will be forgotten if we beat Cincy. [/b]

The selection committee will not forget.

Will the selectin committee forget about UNC_CH Losing to Santa Clara?

[i]Originally posted by sf49er[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 09:46 AM [b] Will the selectin committee forget about UNC_CH Losing to Santa Clara? [/b]
Yes. THey have done enough to overcome a loss to Santa Clara. The fact that VaTech is so dominant in the ACC lets me know that the conference is worse off than I imagined, but perception is still there that the ACC is a tough league.

And, honestly, we haven’t beaten anyone truly impressive. One win over Cincy doesn’t erase a loss to ECU. A win over Cincy and Louisville, plus no losses to anyone other than DePaul or maybe Memphis would be enough for the committee to write off an ECU game as a fluke, in my opinion.

If we lose to SLU this year, our tournament chances get a lot shakier.

Don’t worry PB it will be ok

I’m not worried. I am angry still, a little, but I’ll get over it. It’s just one game.

However, I will be worried if we fall to SLU.

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 10:03 AM [b] And, honestly, we haven't beaten anyone truly impressive. One win over Cincy doesn't erase a loss to ECU. A win over Cincy and Louisville, plus no losses to anyone other than DePaul or maybe Memphis would be enough for the committee to write off an ECU game as a fluke, in my opinion.

If we lose to SLU this year, our tournament chances get a lot shakier. [/b]

Forget Saint Louis for now, Powerbait. There isn’t an impressive win on the schedule (yet) and with the way this team has played in tough games (ie: Alabama), there’s not assurance that any of the Cincinnati, DePaul, Louisville and Memphis games can remotely be considered Ws, much less at Saint Louis. At least 3 of them are at home, so perhaps we as a group can provide a wee bit of support.

Couple of things

1. Marquette is sitting at 52. They win a couple of games and they are top 50. We get credit for a top 50 win.
  2. UAB is around 60. If they win a couple, they will fall into the top 50.

If we can win just one of the Depaul, Cincy, or UL, we will have 3 top 50 wins.
We will also win at least a couple of more road games. This should get us in if we avoid another surprise loss.

Tintin

We should at least expect that tintin

we’re better than that.

[i]Originally posted by Tintin[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 01:52 PM [b] Couple of things
  1. Marquette is sitting at 52. They win a couple of games and they are top 50. We get credit for a top 50 win.
  2. UAB is around 60. If they win a couple, they will fall into the top 50.

If we can win just one of the Depaul, Cincy, or UL, we will have 3 top 50 wins.
We will also win at least a couple of more road games. This should get us in if we avoid another surprise loss.

Tintin [/b]

True, however we already have 2 losses out of the top 100, which is a killer.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi+Jan 30 2005, 08:46 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49erpi @ Jan 30 2005, 08:46 PM)
[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate+Jan 30 2005, 10:09 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerAdvocate @ Jan 30 2005, 10:09 PM)
Originally posted by 49erpi@Jan 30 2005, 08:46 PM [b]