Rush the Court Blog

[SIZE=3][B]#333 C. Arkansas[/B] - C. Ark lost 2/3 of a solid guard corps to transfer and will have to build around Mitch Rueter and Mike Pouncy.[/SIZE]

Wasn’t C Ark the team Scottie Pippen went too? If so, it was D2 at the time.

Centenary to D3. I thought u could only drop 1 level at a time, not 2, but sad.
And I had no idea we beat the Chief!

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;438870]At one time, not only was our win over highly ranked Centenary (in a SOLD OUT Charlotte Coliseum) our all-time best win, but it was the win that solidified our 1st ever post season invitation.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=HP49er;438885]Against the Chief too, Robert Parrish. One of the best games I ever attended to this day.[/QUOTE]Definitely one of the best. Parrish vs Maxwell. The coliseum was rocking that night. That was probably the first defining moment in Niner basketball… and now Centenary is dropping out of D1.

[QUOTE][B]#332 Charlotte[/B] - The Niners lose most of their scoring from last year, and have no significant help coming in. Expect them to barely reach half of their win total from last year, which was eleven.[/QUOTE]

Dayum! Ouch!!! :ohmy:

haha juuuust kidding. Hope none of you believed that! :lol:

sck, Pippen went to Central Arkansas. They’re now I-AA, and the Bears are ranked #12 this week.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;438891]And I had no idea we beat the Chief![/QUOTE]Huge game for that era. And everyone in Charlotte (everyone who could read) knew we were playing that night and everyone was pulling for us.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;438896]Huge game for that era. And everyone in Charlotte (everyone who could read) knew we were playing that night and everyone was pulling for us.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, that game is my favorite memory, even above the Michigan win. With the game in the balance at the last second, Centenary having at least 2 tap-in attempts for a win, and the crowd so loud you coudn’t hear the final horn. I still don’t know whether the Centenary tap-in attempts were before or after time ran out.

[SIZE=3][B]#332 Howard[/B] - Near the bottom of D1 in both off and def efficiency last yr and no saviors coming in, HU is going nowhere fast.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][B]#331 Md - E. Shore[/B] - 2d worst defensive team in America was a really good off rebounding team thanks to returning F Neal Pitt (16/8).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][B]#330 Cal Poly[/B] - New coach Joe Callero will depend on Lorenzo Keeler and Shawn Lewis because there isn’t much else.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][B]#329 Kennesaw St[/B] - Returns all 5 starters from a 7-win team, but really need to work on the 3d-worst off reb % in America problem.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][B]#328 Delaware St[/B] - 8 new freshmen will make it difficult for DSU to stay out of the cellar of the MEAC this season.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][B]#327 FAMU[/B] - Eugene Harris recruited a lot of height, and no more practices at FSU should help with stability (http://bit.ly/39aSQ4).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][B]#326 Utah Valley St[/B] - The rags-to-riches story of UVSU is amazing under Dick Hunsacker, but his 1st losing season there may come this year.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][B]#325 N. Florida[/B] - 1st yr of postseason eligibility at UNF means little for a program with 14 Ws in 4 yrs. Tall task for Matt Driscoll.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][B]#324 Davidson[/B] - Curry is gone and things are back to normal for the lowly Wildcats.[/SIZE]

if chisox can do it i can too.

Nice work LN49er!

[SIZE=3][B]#324 Southern[/B] - 4 scholarship returnees and a host of new faces doesn’t inspire confidence that SU will move up in the SWAC this yr.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;438870]This is a little sad.

At one time, not only was our win over highly ranked Centenary (in a SOLD OUT Charlotte Coliseum) our all-time best win, but it was the win that solidified our 1st ever post season invitation.[/QUOTE]

I know a guy who reffed that game! Pretty cool.

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Green][B]#323 Elon[/B] - Elon lost its top 2 players and coach from an 11 win team. Guards Devan Carter and Chris Long will have to pick up the pieces.[/COLOR][/SIZE]