Ruth Shaw = perfection

bump for any true Niner fans who missed this classic response from Ruth Shaw in Sundayā€™s paper:

[URL]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/406/story/644641.html[/URL]

this rebuttal is full of zingers directed at Mary Schulken and the Charlotte Observer.

it summarizes quite nicely the frustration we all have feltā€¦
[B]
and if you donā€™t know who Ruth is, she is chair of UNC Charlotteā€™s board of trustees and former [U]CEO of Duke Energy[/U][/B]

already got an email back from her and she said ā€œits an honor to work on behalf of UNCCā€

[QUOTE=metro;399563]already got an email back from her and she said ā€œits an honor to work on behalf of UNCCā€[/QUOTE]

I did too! Hate to see her use UNCC but Iā€™m gonna give her a pass this once!:wink:

I got a response as well!

That was awesome!

I like this. Hopefully the Observer is turning.
Think they had no choice. They can ignore us and our fanbase, but a letter from the Chair of our Board of Trustees? Pretty sure they could raise a little more hell than one of our threads.

This letter was fricken awesome! Every word of it rang true and was great to read! I love seeing someone sticking up for us and sticking it to those jerks in the Observer!

[B][SIZE=7] THANKS, RUTH!!
:clap::49ers::clap::49ers::clap::49ers::clap:
[/SIZE][/B]

[QUOTE=49or bust;399607]Think they had no choice. They can ignore us and our fanbase, but a letter from the Chair of our Board of Trustees? Pretty sure they could raise a little more hell than one of our threads.[/QUOTE]

Sort of like thatā€¦more along the lines the Observer got severely called down by the ex CEO of Duke Energy, I think that scared them honestly.

If Dale Halton was chair of the trustees, they would laugh off the rebuttal. No offense to her but Ruth Shaw swings a much larger stick and I can assure you it madw the hair on somebodyā€™s arm stand up and a big ā€œgulpā€ sound could be heard on S Tryon.

[QUOTE][I]In response to ā€œCan UNCC have it all in a recession?ā€ (April 1 editorial):[/I]

Is Observer just as critical of Chapel Hill athletics?

I look forward to your proposal that UNC Chapel Hill spend the $50 million budgeted to renovate Kenan Stadium on academic scholarships.

Kevin Harward[/QUOTE]
:49ers:

Posted my comment. Will send a message to Ms. Shaw this afternoon.

Wow!! Someone should buy that guy a beer!!!

Mrs. Shaw for Empress of the World!

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;399625]Wow!! Someone should buy that guy a beer!!![/QUOTE]

Na, that guy is overhyped. :biggrin: I bet you buy that guy drinks all the time. In fact, I bet you are so infatuated with that guy, you can stay away from him.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;399634]Na, that guy is overhyped. :biggrin: I bet you buy that guy drinks all the time. In fact, I bet you are so infatuated with that guy, you can stay away from him.[/QUOTE]

They trimmed out most of what I said and edited the title, but the letter from Ruth Shaw yesterday pretty much covered my feelings.

And Ruth is a pirate too!! [URL=http://www.dow.com/corpgov/leader/shaw.htm][U]Link.[/U][/URL]

ā€œDr. Shaw holds a Bachelor of Arts (magna cum laude) and a Master of Arts degree in English from East Carolina University, and a Ph.D. in higher education administration from the University of Texas at Austin, where she was a University Fellow.ā€

Thanks Dr. Shaw, great response!!!