SAFETY SCHOOLS

It’s funny that was the same thing they said to us, not very original, this comes from a Carolina message board. Apparently their academics aren’t good either.

"during the game at the coliseum two years ago against davidson, their student section held up a sign saying “i’m glad I didn’t go to my safety school” referring to UNC. i was never aware davidson was even held in high academic, athletic, or inflated reputational regard. if so, that time as past since i’ve never been aware of it. perhaps the older generation held them in esteem? "

that must have been what those kids yelled at me.

i would also like to take this time to say that the women on the “fox news rising” show are VERY hot.

[QUOTE=ninerID;142312]
i would also like to take this time to say that the women on the “fox news rising” show are VERY hot.[/QUOTE]

Was she at the game?

They are the reason I tune in.

[QUOTE=ninerID;142312]that must have been what those kids yelled at me.

i would also like to take this time to say that the women on the “fox news rising” show are VERY hot.[/QUOTE]

I agree, they need to Topcat each other.

Morgan Fogarty

Note to Davidson

If you want to insult someone, make sure the insult HAS A POINT.

Curtis Withers…DUI…annoying, but I can understand where it comes from.

UNC Concrete…very old, but it makes some sense.

Safety School…???

If an insult has to be explained, how is it an insult?

[QUOTE=fsquid;142465]I agree, they need to Topcat each other.[/QUOTE]

this gets nothing?? I thought it was good.

[QUOTE=fsquid;142484]this gets nothing?? I thought it was good.[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup:

You actually were creative…but I’m just kinda still confused why someone would feel superior to another by referring to them as a “safety school”.

???

davidson=preppy punks that I’d like to punch

[QUOTE=UNCC49erTimmy;142487]davidson=preppy punks that I’d like to punch[/QUOTE]

WORD!

Why would anyone choose Davidson as their first choice?

I have a feeling most students are at Davidson because it was their safety school.

Davidson’s a damn good school and not easy to get into (or pay for). This is not a new development.

But what does it have to do with basketball?

When you hear a team citing their academic reputation, it’s because they’re defensive about a loss.

[QUOTE=70inchdeac;142504]Davidson’s a damn good school and not easy to get into (or pay for). This is not a new development.[/QUOTE]

Are you telling us that Wake was a safety school for some Davidson students?

:smile:

It certainly wasn’t for me although I did consider it. The admissions are right in line with each other actually. My back ups were Sewanee then UGA. Either way, I’m sure that Wake and Davidson cross admits plenty.

It certainly wasn't for me although I did consider it. The admissions are right in line with each other actually. My back ups were Sewanee then UGA. Either way, I'm sure that Wake and Davidson cross admits plenty.
Me for example!

You actually were creative…but I’m just kinda still confused why someone would feel superior to another by referring to them as a “safety school”.

???
[/QUOTE]

the Mississippi faithful call us Tiger High

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;142473]
UNC Concrete…very old, but it makes some sense.
[/QUOTE]

What does this one imply/mean again?

I understood the safety school comment right away. I’m surprised more people didn’t - maybe this is a relatively new term and some people didn’t know about it? Usually all state schools are considered safety schools - the kids at Duke use it to refer to Chapel Hill as well (even though that’s a top 5 public school in the so-called rankings).

The thing that is funny is, if the Davidson students are so smart, they should know … they have high academic standards spread out over just 1,600 students. We have lower (but still high) standards spread over nearly 21,000 students.

So, basically, there are probably at least 3,000 students at UNCC that rate as high or higher academically than their whole school … but when you have another 18,000 students, that is how your academic “average” drops down overall.

If you can have high academic averages over that many students, it is HIGHLY unlikely you have a homogenous group of 21,000 students all in the middle. You definitely have a lot of highs, and a lot, or more, lows.

So, I guess you could say that UNCC has more “top” students as their school, we just let 18,000 others tag along for the party. :grin: