turnovers.

poor shot selection.

no second half adjustments.

turnovers.

turnovers.

observer player profile curse.

turnovers.

drunk.

at least we never ever ever ever quit. that is encouraging.

We were standing there not getting rebounds. My voice is gone after that game from yelling and drinking half a fifth of evan williams…

we have heart thought

We shot 55%. Turnovers killed us, 13 in 2nd half. I think at one point it 7 out of 8 possessions with a turnover.

This is the type of game you expect to win at home and lose on the road.
We just got to get stronger with the ball.
Note to Henry: On the fast break, when two defnsive guys are in front of you, that
leaves three guys behind you to knock the ball away.

If you would have told me we shot 54% from the field and 50% from three and lost I would never beleive you… TO’s killed us.

We had 3 chances to win that game and couldn’t close it out.

Once again the refs at Halton were horrible… maybe it has something to do with the lighting? :o

Oh well, on the the next one, lets win the next two.

Well… the tailgate was fun!

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:7, topic:26201”]Well… the tailgate was fun![/quote] …and the two piece Duster uniforms.

No doubt!

22 turnovers. That’s what did it. The 2nd half was brutal. Yes, the refs really let them play and that played a big part in both teams having alot of turnovers. Some really weird calls in the game as well.

The game changed when Henry had 3 of the most horrid turnovers I’ve ever seen in about a minute sequence which led to points for St Louis and let them erase a 7 point lead in no time. Love Henry and he will be all A10 a few times while here, but he has got to work on his handles and shooting this offseason. 8 turnovers by your point guard is beyond bad, esp the kind he had.

We could not really get shots in the 2nd half we turned it over so much. Bras only caught it in good position once or twice the entire 2nd half.

Oh well. I thought we would do well to be 2-2 in this first 4 game conference stretch…we are close, but still have a long way to go.

No doubt. Refs allowed a LOT of contact. But we did not adjust to their zone penetration fast enough. I just don’t understand how we went from winning to losing so fast… Still stunned.

They’re not the reason that we lost, but those guys are in the running for worst officiating crew in recent memory. There were at least four or five times that I just couldn’t believe my eyes.

Speaking of not believing my eyes: two piece Gold Duster uniforms. ;D

No doubt![/quote]

I agree with you gents that was also “hot” besides Niners shooting percentage. 8)

Slow down, slow down, slow down.

major should have been screaming this at the top of his lungs

Dud and stud of the game goes to Pierria. He had way too many careless turnovers but came through huge at the end by forcing back to back (to back?) turnovers.

[quote=“49erAlumnus, post:12, topic:26201”]They’re not the reason that we lost, but those guys are in the running for worst officiating crew in recent memory. There were at least four or five times that I just couldn’t believe my eyes.

Speaking of not believing my eyes: two piece Gold Duster uniforms. ;D[/quote]This is always so debatable. Getting a team of refs that calls nothing against SLU, a very physical team, makes a difference. The Niners still could’ve won if they hadn’t lost composure for a few minutes there, but they would’ve won anyway with a different set of refs. The refs also blew several other calls as far as I could tell, mostly going against us. The Niners did not get any kind of homecooking that I could tell, which is really a problem when the team keeps having to face it on the road.

Did anyone get a good look at the Conklin elbow in the 1st half? I’m surprised he didn’t at least get a technical, but maybe it looked a lot worse than it was. He and several other Billikens seemed to play a little bit dirty (sneaky trips on screens, pulls and grabs going for rebounds, flopping a lot) and mostly got away with it.

Niners still gave the game away on that series of four turnovers in which SLU scored 9 straight points. That swing happened in ~ 2 min and really changed the game completely. I will give SLU credit for turning up the defensive pressure and finally hitting some 3’s.

Tough game, so close to 3-1 in this 4 game stretch. I was worried about 0-4 though, so better than I thought, but disappointing that both losses could’ve easily gone the other way (and both wins I suppose too).

I have been going to game in Halton since they opened. I can count on one hand the nights the refs were on our side. Most nights I would be happy of they were just in the middle.

No doubt![/quote]

I agree with you gents that was also “hot” besides Niners shooting percentage. 8)[/quote]

Pictures?

[font=arial]“The NCAA Men’s and Women’s Basketball Rules Committees voted to change the penalty for elbow contact above the shoulders for the 2010-11 season.[/font]
[font=arial]
If approved by the Playing Rules Oversight Panel in June, the change would require men’s and women’s officials to assess either an intentional or flagrant foul on a player who swings an elbow and makes contact with an opponent above the shoulders. If the foul is deemed to be intentional, the team whose player was struck would receive two free throws and possession of the ball. If the foul is deemed to be flagrant, the player who threw the elbow would be ejected.”[/font]
[font=arial]
Straight from the NCAA website. The refs had no choice but call a intentional or flagrant and failed to call either.[/font]