Salt water pools

4th of July weekend I went with a friend to see her sister in Raleigh. We all went out to their apt pool and I jumped in. It was like the damnnn ocean. Had salt in my mouth and eyes. It was the weirdest thing ever to jump into a pool with no idea it was salt water.

They say it’s better for your skin, but what the heck… isn’t that why some prefer to lay out at a hotel pool at the beach and not the ocean?

Anyways, I gotta say I’m anti-salt water pools.

The only reason to have a salt water pool is if you have it indoors. If it is outdoors it doesn’t make much sense, IMO.

Salt Water pools are great for household pools. The salt level is really low and should be unnoticeable. The salt makes maintaining pool chemicals easier and helps prevent drastic changes.

However, this was an apartment pool, probably used by a bunch of people. Not a good application for salt water.

Chances are the apartment just doesn’t have a person on staff really trained to maintain the pool, and is doing a crappy job. You should probably get tested for hepatitis.

I put in a salt water pool last spring and absolutly love it. You get very little feeling that salt is even in the pool and you don’t get the chlorine smell either. The maintnance and cost for up keep is very low when compared to chlorine pools. Salt water pools are the way to go! Any one that gets in my pool ask why it doesn’t smell like chlorine and I tell them that it is a salt water pool and they do not believe me. i’m sure the apt pool was not properly cared for if the salt was noticable.

I put in a salt water pool last spring and absolutly love it. You get very little feeling that salt is even in the pool and you don't get the chlorine smell either. The maintnance and cost for up keep is very low when compared to chlorine pools. Salt water pools are the way to go! Any one that gets in my pool ask why it doesn't smell like chlorine and I tell them that it is a salt water pool and they do not believe me. i'm sure the apt pool was not properly cared for if the salt was noticable.
can u taste the salt in ur pool? It didn't burn my eyes how the ocean would, but def could taste the salt.

The Residence here in SouthPark has a salt water pool.

can u taste the salt in ur pool? It didn't burn my eyes how the ocean would, but def could taste the salt.

Why are you getting pool water in your mouth? That’s nasty.

Don’t drink the pool water.

Cruise ships use saltwater pools … although I’m sure it’s more of a convenience thing to them.

Why are you getting pool water in your mouth? That's nasty.

Don’t drink the pool water.

because i was thirsty

Saltwater pools have a very diluted amount of salt.

About a 1/3 of the saltyness of your tears. You shouldnt notice it all. The only thing that should give it away is that there is no chlorine smell.

If I pee in a salt water pool does it turn red all around me so everyone knows?

If I pee in a salt water pool does it turn red all around me so everyone knows?
My pee aint never turned red in no pool.

When I worked for a pool company we sold a Salt Water system and it was flying off the shelf. Its better for your skin/eyes/liner because the ph levels dont fluctuate nearly as much, therefore the water does not get nearly as acidic. Also the cost to maintain it goes WAY down, although the initial cost can be way more expensive.

Most salt water pools have an automatic system and makes maintaining the water quality costs go WAY down.

More than likely the taste of salt you had came because it was beginning to get cloudy and an increased amount of Salt was added to bring it down. If a salt water pool gets overcome by algae, its VERY hard to get rid of it, and could turn to draining it and starting over.

[QUOTE=cibik02;418546]can u taste the salt in ur pool? It didn’t burn my eyes how the ocean would, but def could taste the salt.[/QUOTE]

I use the Mineral Springs salt products and I cannot taste the salt. I do not drink the water so that may be one reason that i do not taste the salt.

[QUOTE=C49erMoose;418558]Cruise ships use saltwater pools … although I’m sure it’s more of a convenience thing to them.[/QUOTE]

They use ocean water. Salt water pools are different. The product and filter generate chlorine.