Same as it ever was..same as it ever was...

I am watching the Obama rally live on TV and there is a girl standing directly behind him with a East Carolina sweat shirt on. I guess everyone tuning in will think they are watching Greenville NC.

Classic.

me and dantheniner were there and saw her walk up and sit down in the middle, right behind him. we couldn’t do anything.

it is sad, though.

BLAME UNIVERSITY OFFICIALS

no excuse

someone should get fired for that. unfortunately it won’t happen.

WCNC interviewed a political science professor from Davidson, LIVE at UNC Charlotte…

As soon as I saw that, I told my wife there would be at least 1 thread on this by the time we got downstairs. It was sad indeed… I don’t know who chooses the people that stand behind the stage, but it would have been great to see a couple of 49er shirts back there.

Saw that the second she walked on stage. We all ready have a big enough issue with our name. This was unnecessary and could have been easily avoided.

Expressed our concerns to organizers. Were told “it doesn’t matter as long as she’s voting Obama.”

However, some University officials were aware of the issue and just laughed about. Highly embarrassing.

She was actually from Greenville and not a student here, however.

The people that sit behind the stage are chosen by the campaign, I believe. Don’t quote me on that, But I doubt campus had anything to do with it.

[QUOTE=J Felt;356367]Expressed our concerns to organizers. Were told “it doesn’t matter as long as she’s voting Obama.”

However, some University officials were aware of the issue and just laughed about. Highly embarrassing.

She was actually from Greenville and not a student here, however.[/QUOTE]

As much as it sucks, Obama wasn’t here to have a school spirit rally. This wasn’t a UCharlotte event, it was an Obama event. It just so happens that a ECU grad/student/whatever she was was selected to sit on the stage.

The people that sit behind the stage are chosen by the campaign, I believe. Don't quote me on that, But I doubt campus had anything to do with it.

It was the campaign’s decision.

It was a slap in the face for sure. I saw it on News 14, not sure what MSNBC showed. At least the live feed from CNN (via internet) had a tight shot of Obama and never showed her.

As for any University officials who laughed about the situation, you are a pitiful excuse for an employee. If it would have done any good to complain to Dubois about you, I’d have been knocking at his door.

Damn, I’m sorely disappointed.

I saw the thread title, and thought that maybe someone was wanting to get a group to go see David Byrne (of the Talking Heads) at Ovens auditorium in December.

Who were the University officials??

As much as it sucks, Obama wasn't here to have a school spirit rally. This wasn't a UCharlotte event, it was an Obama event.
I was so hoping he would let out a big "[B]FORTYYY!!![/B]" at any point. That would have locked up my vote. Now... I'm not so sure.

[B]NINERS![/B]

What are the odds of seeing a Charlotte shirt Front and Center at a Nationally televised event on the ECU campus??

I would bet the farm on that one.

What are the odds of seeing a Charlotte shirt Front and Center at a Nationally televised event on the ECU campus??

I would bet the farm on that one.

Excellent point.

And we can’t blame CHP for this one. If it was him, the girl would have been wearing a light bliue shirt.

Who was/were the university official(s) that laughed about this? They need to be sending their resume to EZU.

Who was/were the university official(s) that laughed about this?
Please, someone describe them or something. It's a matter of Niner National security!

Seriously tho… what’d they look like?

Barack Obama was not here for us. He was here because we are a big university in a key city of North Carolina. Heaven for bit a ecu alum/student/fan from coming to watch a presidential candidate on our campus. That is just ludicris! I just don’t understand why you would think that this speech is exclusive to just our fans… yall our some possessive cats… hope you don’t treat your ladies like that…

it was pathetic. we basically asked any official around us if she could get moved and got a bunch of bs answers.