Saturday Games

Should we pull for Memphis to beat Louisville Saturday night or should we just match up man to man next Thursday night with the Conference title on the line? Which do you guys prefer?

For only two hours in my life I will be a Memphis fan… those two hours are Saturday night.

It really doesn’t matter who wins the Memphis Louy game, if Louy has 3 loses when we play them and we lose we will have 3 and louy has the tiebreaker, if they beat memphis and beat us they obviously are first, the only thing that matters is that WE WIN when we play them.

[b]It really doesn't matter who wins the Memphis Louy game, if Louy has 3 loses when we play them and we lose we will have 3 and louy has the tiebreaker, if they beat memphis and beat us they obviously are first, the only thing that matters is that WE WIN when we play them. [/b]

Provided that UL beats DePaul in their last game, then what EE stated is true. If UL loses to Memphis and DePaul on the road, we can still finish in first outright provided that we lose only to UL. I don’t want to win it that way, but it is possible that we can lose to UL and still win the regular season title.

I just think it would be fitting if we could win out, this is the first team in years that really has come together like this and could lead us back to Elite 8 or Final Four land again. Been a long, long time since 1977…

Yeah your right X but expecting Louy to lose double their total in their last 3 games is not very probable. Just WIN NINERS WIN!!

If we finish the season tied with louisville at 13-3, we are conference co-champs even if they beat us. It makes no difference for the conference title, only for seeding in the conference tournament.

So your telling me the “conference title” we got last year is the same as when Cincy won it by them selves for however many years they did… no way! I want Charlotte atop the C-USA standings all alone, its the only time it means anything!

[b]Yeah your right X but expecting Louy to lose double their total in their last 3 games is not very probable.[/b]

More probable than most think. Memphis beat UL by 19 @UL, and DePaul has not lost a CUSA game at home (which includes a 19 point drubbing of Cincy). UL will have their hands full in their last three.

[i]Originally posted by EE9er[/i]@Feb 24 2005, 01:21 PM [b]It really doesn't matter who wins the Memphis Louy game, if Louy has 3 loses when we play them and we lose we will have 3 and louy has the tiebreaker, if they beat memphis and beat us they obviously are first, the only thing that matters is that WE WIN when we play them.[/b]
In this post you seem to indicate that the tiebreaker matters for the conference title. It does not, only for conference seeding purposes. My original post speaks for itself. I hope we not only win the conference title, but also the conference tournament and the NCAA tourney also.

I can never, ever, pull for good old Tiger High

[i]Originally posted by jp49er[/i]@Feb 24 2005, 01:51 PM [b] I just think it would be fitting if we could win out, this is the first team in years that really has come together like this and could lead us back to Elite 8 or Final Four land again. Been a long, long time since 1977... [/b]
It's possible with this team ONLY if we play better defense (give up 5 to 10 points less) AND hit 70+% FTs, then it could happen: we'll be packing for St. Louis! I saw the '77 team play and that's the 2 areas this year's team does not compare favorably with them. Of course, we don't have a Cornbread, but we got Eddie and Curt and a PG that commits few TOs. Key.

Memphis’ players for the most part made me want to pull for them Saturday.
But their fans are low-lifes, and it’s swayed me to root for Louisville.
Besides, would you rather beat a Louisville team with 3 conference losses, or be the ones responsible for giving them their third?

Like last years’ debacle at St. Louis…the loss at EZU could very easily cost us the solo top position in C-USA.

I want Louisville to beat Memfiss. That way, when we beat them, they will be higher ranked and hotter and we will get mad props from espn and selection committee for beating a top 10 team. If memfiss beats them, they wont look as good when we play them. I really dont care about winning the conference regular season champoionship outright or otherwise. I just want good seeding so we can win the tourney( which i feel is the real conf championship) and get higher seeding in the NCAA tournament so we can win that(which I feel is the real national chamionship and so does everybody else)

[SIZE=4][font=Impact]GO CARDINALS!!![/font][/SIZE](on saturday)

Yeah, I’m officially pulling for Louisville and then we can settle it against them on the court. If they were playing anyone else, I’d probably welcome the help but I cannot bring myself to pull for Memphis strictly because of their a-hole (and highly overrated) coach and their obnoxious, arrogant and crybaby fans. I hope Louisville beats the $hit out of them and then we can take care of our own business next Thursday.