Schedule question

Agree 100%. If I’m able to park & tailgate over there, I will.[/quote]

Really curious what their plans will be over there and how the merchants handle things. I might be up for that as well given the restrictions that the school and AD have put in place.[/quote]

Now that Starbucks and Chipotle are over in that corner right next to the road, don’t be surprised if there will be a zero tolerance policy in this shopping center.[/quote]

I think the question is really how much does a game on campus shut down their foot traffic. If they do little to no business outside of game traffic then they might decide to take advantage of the situation and allowing some parking/tailgating for a fee. If the game traffic really doesn’t impact their customer business then I can see them not letting anything happen over there.

I do know that they reached out to the AD and said they had “concerns”. Judy’s response was “not our problem”.[/quote]

Very proactive.[/quote]

My thoughts as well…

If they charge $15 to park and people start parking there instead of buying parking passes on campus suddenly it is their problem.

Really curious what their plans will be over there and how the merchants handle things. I might be up for that as well given the restrictions that the school and AD have put in place.[/quote]

Now that Starbucks and Chipotle are over in that corner right next to the road, don’t be surprised if there will be a zero tolerance policy in this shopping center.[/quote]

I think the question is really how much does a game on campus shut down their foot traffic. If they do little to no business outside of game traffic then they might decide to take advantage of the situation and allowing some parking/tailgating for a fee. If the game traffic really doesn’t impact their customer business then I can see them not letting anything happen over there.

I do know that they reached out to the AD and said they had “concerns”. Judy’s response was “not our problem”.[/quote]

Very proactive.[/quote]

Assuming this is actually how Judy put it, pretty sure with that we can guarantee a hostile parking environment.[/quote]

Word for word that is how it was told to me.

It will either be very hostile or very welcoming. Nothing in the middle.

I really hope that we do use that parking and I hope that our fans frequent the shops on gamedays all decked out in their niner green. What better way to drum up local support (which people always complain about) then to support them as well.

Someone slick should buy or lease space over there and open Sandwich Construction or Saeeds again. If done right, thats a cash cow.

Very proactive.[/quote]

Assuming this is actually how Judy put it, pretty sure with that we can guarantee a hostile parking environment.[/quote]Keep in mind that the retailers came to us and said the football traffic was going to be a problem for them and the University needed to do something to solve it. Our response was that our planning was to facilitate football fans, and the additional traffic was not our problem. I endorse this approach. We are the 800 lb gorilla in the neighborhood, even if many people ignore us.

There will be adequate parking on campus for a 15k stadium, so they should not have an issue with folks parking there. If it does become a problem, the retailers (or actually the owners of the shopping center) will simply start charging for parking - they will make a buck and everybody will be happy. The gameday traffic they may not like, but frankly Judy is exactly right - its not our problem. They have BAD traffic on that stretch of 29 every rush hour, and certainly when there are concerts at Verizon.

The retailers will ALWAYS be happy once they realize they can make money from the fans - Chipotle and Starbucks will figure out a way to do it.

Besides by the time our stadium outgrows parking on campus, the new CATS parking deck at JW Clay will be build (basically going in where Nona’s Sweets is now.) That will make parking a non issue for an even much larger stadium.

clt says without the u, there is no shopping center.

Right. There’d still be a cow pasture there like there was in the '70s when I was in school. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have wondered about the parking over there also. I believe it is going to be a major problem and should atleast be discussed although I don’t believe there is a solution. It will just be to easy to park there and walk across the street.

[quote=“Ninerdawg, post:26, topic:27140”]There will be adequate parking on campus for a 15k stadium, so they should not have an issue with folks parking there. If it does become a problem, the retailers (or actually the owners of the shopping center) will simply start charging for parking - they will make a buck and everybody will be happy. The gameday traffic they may not like, but frankly Judy is exactly right - its not our problem. They have BAD traffic on that stretch of 29 every rush hour, and certainly when there are concerts at Verizon.

The retailers will ALWAYS be happy once they realize they can make money from the fans - Chipotle and Starbucks will figure out a way to do it.

Besides by the time our stadium outgrows parking on campus, the new CATS parking deck at JW Clay will be build (basically going in where Nona’s Sweets is now.) That will make parking a non issue for an even much larger stadium.[/quote]

I wouldn’t be surprised if the new Chipotle and Starbucks don’t get demolished to widen Hwy 29 to make room for the light rail coming down the median of Hwy 29.

[quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:30, topic:27140”][quote=“Ninerdawg, post:26, topic:27140”]There will be adequate parking on campus for a 15k stadium, so they should not have an issue with folks parking there. If it does become a problem, the retailers (or actually the owners of the shopping center) will simply start charging for parking - they will make a buck and everybody will be happy. The gameday traffic they may not like, but frankly Judy is exactly right - its not our problem. They have BAD traffic on that stretch of 29 every rush hour, and certainly when there are concerts at Verizon.

Besides by the time our stadium outgrows parking on campus, the new CATS parking deck at JW Clay will be build (basically going in where Nona’s Sweets is now.) That will make parking a non issue for an even much larger stadium.[/quote]

I wouldn’t be surprised if the new Chipotle and Starbucks don’t get demolished to widen Hwy 29 to make room for the light rail coming down the median of Hwy 29.[/quote]

not happening. If they were planning to do that they would have not built it in the first place. Also keep in mind that the Starbucks just relocated from down the street so I don’t see them moving again so soon.

Athletic Department said that season ticket price packages were sent out to FSL owners over the weekend. Anyone got theirs yet? What does the prices look like?

Have received nothing.

Me neither. I live further away than most on the board though. Will be interesting to see what the price is.

[quote=“JNinerGreen, post:32, topic:27140”]Athletic Department said that season ticket price packages were sent out to FSL owners over the weekend. Anyone got theirs yet? What does the prices look like?[/quote] Green FSL season tickets are $190.00.

Got mine today, marked the calendar, checked the banking accounts. I’m ready.

$39 per ticket for fcs? Is that norm?

Maybe for a school just starting a program and building a stadium from scratch.

I’m coming out at a. Little less than 32.00 a ticket. Tickets should be around 25.00 each, but I’ll pay an extra 7.00 a game for Niner football.

Same price for Gold FSL season tickets.