Schools adding football

Took ODU 3 years and 4 months according to this article…

[URL]http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1756316[/URL]

We should have just said screw it, we are playing Div 2 at Belk and got a team as quickly as possible then raised money for a larger stadium to move up to the big boys… seems easy doesn’t it?

Can you imagine what it would have been like if they rushed through it then?
rushed through what?

We spent an entire year last year of meetings, and Mac Everetts effort, to hand it off to Dubois who did his soul searching for 5 months and then FINALLY said lets move forward last October.

It is now 11 months after Dubois annoucement, and we really aren’t much further than we were back when Mac Everett and team took the ball.

We have spent 2 years what could have been done in 1. We have divided our already fan base by coming up with the FSL’s. We have no stadium renderings, we have no capital gift annoucements. We have no idea what our conference will be. Hell, i don’t need a coach but a statement from Judy Rose of, "we are looking to hire someone with “BCS Experience” or something to that fact would make people feel good about the direction.

We do have “if you don’t purchase FSL’s you won’t get a ticket” and “football is not a certainty”. WONDERFUL.

[QUOTE=ninerID;429724]rushed through what?

We spent an entire year last year of meetings, and Mac Everetts effort, to hand it off to Dubois who did his soul searching for 5 months and then FINALLY said lets move forward last October.

It is now 11 months after Dubois annoucement, and we really aren’t much further than we were back when Mac Everett and team took the ball.

We have spent 2 years what could have been done in 1. We have divided our already fan base by coming up with the FSL’s. We have no stadium renderings, we have no capital gift annoucements. We have no idea what our conference will be. Hell, i don’t need a coach but a statement from Judy Rose of, "we are looking to hire someone with “BCS Experience” or something to that fact would make people feel good about the direction.

We do have “if you don’t purchase FSL’s you won’t get a ticket” and “football is not a certainty”. WONDERFUL.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying 100% and I think we lost valuable momentum. I am just hoping that behind the scenes we are making significant progress on many of the fronts you have mentioned. I may be ok with the extra year once we see the renderings and get some annoucements.

I understand what you are saying 100% and I think we lost valuable momentum. I am just hoping that behind the scenes we are making significant progress on many of the fronts you have mentioned. I may be ok with the extra year once we see the renderings and get some annoucements.

Wow you have much more faith in the school than I do.

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;429716]Can you imagine what it would have been like if they rushed through it then?[/QUOTE]

It would feel BETTER!

I understand what you are saying 100% and I think we lost valuable momentum. I am just hoping that behind the scenes we are making significant progress on many of the fronts you have mentioned.
I was honestly about to add in my post that i hope there are more wheels turning behind the scenes. I just don't know how a year long "quiet period" helps. The people I talk to about this really believe that this probably won't/may not happen. That isn't good. That isn't going to get your fan base or potential fan base excited about anything.
I may be ok with the extra year once we see the renderings and get some annoucements.
My biggest problem with the 4 versus 5.

A freshman this year will begin paying the increased student fee. If he/she goes 4 years of school, they will graduate the spring BEFORE football happens. I know that happened with Halton and with the Student Union, but that is ridiculous that they may not be able to enjoy football as a student.

My second biggest problem is I will turn 30 the year we start football, bleh.

[QUOTE=ninerID;429738]
My second biggest problem is I will turn 30 the year we start football, bleh.[/QUOTE]

Oh, the HUMANITY!!

:lmao:

What is the feeling of adding football among the student population? Especially those living on campus? I took an evening class this past spring semester and I spoke to some of the students in there about it. Most were indifferent and a couple cared a lot (but they were involved in student govt). One guy ticked me off, he was an app st. fan, although he transferred to Charlotte from App.

[QUOTE=EE9er;429728]Wow you have much more faith in the school than I do.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps completely missplaced. The thing is I have zero control of changing it - so I might as well hope for the best.

[QUOTE=ninerID;429738]My biggest problem with the 4 versus 5.

A freshman this year will begin paying the increased student fee. If he/she goes 4 years of school, they will graduate the spring BEFORE football happens. I know that happened with Halton and with the Student Union, but that is ridiculous that they may not be able to enjoy football as a student.

My second biggest problem is I will turn 30 the year we start football, bleh.[/QUOTE]

This is very legit. Did the fee go up THIS year? If so I was not aware of it.

I turned 37 yesterday - so I understand your pain. Just remind yourself I will turn 40 before we are playing.

I will turn 40 before we are playing.
That's nothing.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;429805]That’s nothing.[/QUOTE]

Over will have a new username when we start playing! lol

[QUOTE=Cha_49;429821]Over will have a new username when we start playing! lol[/QUOTE]

What will we call him? Way Over?

[QUOTE=C49er;429822]What will we call him? Way Over?[/QUOTE]

MadeItLongEnoughToSeeFootballNiner

[QUOTE=Cha_49;429823]MadeItLongEnoughToSeeFootballNiner[/QUOTE]

FinallyICanDieInPeaceNiner