Bucknell 68
[B][COLOR=red]Xavier 67[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=red]Louisiana Lafayette 49[/COLOR][/B]
California State-Fullerton 85

[B][COLOR=red]Wofford 69[/COLOR][/B]
Elon 79

Remaining this week…
Saturday, December 23, 2006 - Louisiana Lafayette at McNeese State, 8:00

HP, beat me to it! The big question is what is wrong with Xavier? That was their first ever loss to an OOC opponent in the Cintas Center. Sure, Bucknell has a good team, but the Bison have been very beatable this season. From what I’ve gathered, the whole Drew Lavender thing hasn’t really worked out for X and they would have been better off going with Johhny Wolf at PG.

The other question is whether or not Anthony Solomon will make it to the end of the season at Bona. He’s definitely a goner – just a matter of when. On the other hand, another W for Kevin Nickelberry and Hampton.

Good W for Dayton in a regional rivalry game. More and more the Flyers are looking like they might be the team to beat in the A-10 if they can translate their OOC success in conference play as well.

Bucknell 68 [B][COLOR=red]Xavier 67[COLOR=Black] [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]

Bucknell is about to get slapped with the DO NOT SCHEDULE IN NON CONF label.
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

wow… bucknell… always a surprise…

[QUOTE=run49er;206493]Good W for Dayton in a regional rivalry game. More and more the Flyers are looking like they might be the team to beat in the A-10 if they can translate their OOC success in conference play as well.[/QUOTE]

That’s too bad then, cause they’re gonna get run out of the building by the tarholes, as much as it pains me to say.

Also worth noting, although it does not concern us… the ACC bites the dust again. This is the same SUNY Binghamton team that almost beat our sister school in chapel hile the first year they played Div 1 basketball. I’ve had a warm spot in my heart for them ever since.

SUNY Binghamton 79
Miami 74

That’d be Binghamton University, Over40, from my dear hometown.

Note: The excellent collection of schools that is the SUNY system has no problem allowing institutions to drop the SUNY in order to improve the school’s branding and exposure.

That'd be Binghamton University, Over40, from my dear hometown.

Note: The excellent collection of schools that is the SUNY system has no problem allowing institutions to drop the SUNY in order to improve the school’s branding and exposure.

grrrr…

Other scores:

OOC

Iowa 101
Georgia State 59

Indiana 77
Western Michigan 69

Rainbow Classic

Hawaii 89
San Francisco 85

Nebraska 73
Wyoming 58

That'd be Binghamton University, Over40, from my dear hometown.

There’s no comparison there, and we know it … a.) because there is no “flagship” SUNY campus (Chapel Hill was the first and will always be the “flagship,” no matter who complains), and b.) it’s also because you and I both know that the SUNY moniker, for many of the campuses, was a huge weight around their necks … Binghamton doesn’t want to be associated with SUNY Morrisville or SUNY Purchase, all the little schools that are almost considered pseudo-community college in a way.

University of Buffalo, University at Albany, Binghamton University and Stony Brook University, the four “University research centers” all got to dump the SUNY label, but I think a lot of the other schools were not allowed to dump it.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;206499]That’s too bad then, cause they’re gonna get run out of the building by the tarholes, as much as it pains me to say.[/QUOTE]

NA, I will admit that the Flyers are still a work in progress, but they are finding a way to win. They were down by 14 in the 2nd half against Miami U. before charging back and grabbing a victory. No, I’m not expecting them to beat the Heels, though hopefully they will give them a game.

The teams that seem to playing well right now are Dayton, GW, La Salle, UMass, Saint Louis, and Temple.

X could (should?) be undefeated and, at worst, 10-2. Sean Miller isn’t doing something right in Cincy and he admitted as much after last night’s loss to Bucknell.

The youth at Richmond and St. Joe’s – plus La Salle and Rhode Island – means those teams will probably have roller coaster-ride seasons. It allowed the Explorers to blow out Morgan State last night, while it bit the Spiders (pun intended!) in the butt against VMI.

Anyway, my 2 cents…

PS go Bearcats … something previously not allowed to be said on the board, but now that there are two Bearcats teams …

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;206507]There’s no comparison there, and we know it … a.) because there is no “flagship” SUNY campus (Chapel Hill was the first and will always be the “flagship,” no matter who complains).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just tell that to the NC State University folks. As someone who spent 15 years working in the UNC System – at the best campus, of course – UNCC!!! – we always referred to a dual-flagship of UNC-CH and NCSU. There’s a reason it’s still NC State and not UNC-Raleigh. Now, when I was at LSU, there was absolutely NO question about the flagship. Just ask the UL-Lafayette folks about how that works! :rolleyes:

If you are referencing chapel hill, why do you keep putting the extra “l” in the word?

And exactly what is the difference in Binghamton’s situation and our situation? :rolleyes:

The difference is thousands will cry baby blue tears if we do anything to dishonor the great UNC system.

What a joke. No one gives a flying **** that Chapel Hill is the flagship. Congratulations, title’s yours.

All these people who think us dropping the UNC would have any negative effect on our exposure or prestige are smoking whatever it is Brick’s on.