Sean Miller takes Arizona Job

Looks as if Miller changed his mind today and decided to go to Arizona

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=dw-miller040609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sad day for the A10.

They will hire another quality coach, they always do.

:huh:umm check espn.com front page… Miller is staying

yea i just heard that he turned it down and is staying

:huh:umm check espn.com front page... Miller is staying

ESPN was late reporting him staying, and they’ll be late on this too. Rivals/Yahoo has been all over this.

He’s gone, I’m guessing the short list for potential replacements will be Chris Mack (Xavier Assistant), Brad Stevens (Butler), and Ron Everhart (Duquesne).

I feel like I have been kicked in the stomach.

Miller must have learned Calhoun is not retiring and decided to take this one.

This offseason is as strong of a statement of BCS power, and power grabbing as we’ve seen some time in hoops. The message is loud and clear - BCS or nothing. There are very few name coaches left outside of the BCS - all it would take is Mark Few leaving Gonzaga, and maybe Majerus from SLU, though he’s probably past his prime.

If you wanted a reason to get football, here it is. The gap between the haves and have nots is growing. X may be able to find another good coach, especially with their resources, but even those resources and a solid reputation couldn’t keep Miller there. X is one of the best non BCS programs out there, and was powerless to stop it. Food for thought.

This blows

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;399733]This offseason is as strong of a statement of BCS power, and power grabbing as we’ve seen some time in hoops. The message is loud and clear - BCS or nothing. There are very few name coaches left outside of the BCS - all it would take is Mark Few leaving Gonzaga, and maybe Majerus from SLU, though he’s probably past his prime.

If you wanted a reason to get football, here it is. The gap between the haves and have nots is growing. X may be able to find another good coach, especially with their resources, but even those resources and a solid reputation couldn’t keep Miller there. X is one of the best non BCS programs out there, and was powerless to stop it. Food for thought.[/QUOTE]

Well said NA. Just look at the at large bids this year, almost all from the power conferences.

It’s not on any of the Cincy news outlets. Enquirer says he’s staying, even one TV station updated at 11 am.

This offseason is as strong of a statement of BCS power, and power grabbing as we've seen some time in hoops. The message is loud and clear - BCS or nothing. There are very few name coaches left outside of the BCS - all it would take is Mark Few leaving Gonzaga, and maybe Majerus from SLU, though he's probably past his prime.

If you wanted a reason to get football, here it is. The gap between the haves and have nots is growing. X may be able to find another good coach, especially with their resources, but even those resources and a solid reputation couldn’t keep Miller there. X is one of the best non BCS programs out there, and was powerless to stop it. Food for thought.

This is what they (the NCAA) wanted and they are getting their wish…

[QUOTE=HP49er;399736]It’s not on any of the Cincy news outlets. Enquirer says he’s staying, even one TV station updated at 11 am.[/QUOTE]

Rivals article says he informed XU admin at noon.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;399737]This is what they (the NCAA) wanted and they are getting their wish…[/QUOTE]

Yep, that’s what the system was setup to do - grab all the TV money, which in turn is used to buy out the little guys. Collegiate sports are literally turning into a big box brand assault on the old establishment. We joke about UNC = Walmart, but the comaprison is more accurate than we think. I guess that makes Duke=Target.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;399742]I guess that makes Duke=Target.[/QUOTE]

How about Sam’s Club?

How about Sam's Club?

State.

How about Sam's Club?
State.

Is that because WalMart owns Sam’s Club and Carolina owns State?

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;399742]I guess that makes Duke=Target.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=upperdeck;399744]How about Sam’s Club?[/QUOTE]

More like K-Mart.

are we Platos Closet?