Sean Miller takes Arizona Job

UNC = Walmart, Duke=Target.

Are we Common Market? The store everyone likes to hang out in and cheers for against the big guys?

Oh… and we have great beer!

Nah, we’re at least TJ Maxx.

[QUOTE=moss2k;399749]are we Platos Closet?[/QUOTE]

Dollar General

Getting back on target: [URL]http://tinyurl.com/dglhzs[/URL]

As of 1:42 - Looks like Cincinnati Enquirer is not sure…

Guess he slept till noon

The X board is having a meltdown…

hmmmmmmmmmm… what would NNN be if Lutz took another job?

ps- im pro-Lutz ***

***will review my pro-Lutz supportership status following next season

Billy G to Xavier? He seems like a good replacement for them.

[QUOTE=cibik02;399760]The X board is having a meltdown…

[/QUOTE]

Judging his support around here, we would have half meltdown:flame:;half celebration:headbang:

[QUOTE=Wingate49erFan;399765]Judging his support around here, we would have half meltdown:flame:;half celebration:headbang:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a recipe for disaster

[QUOTE=cibik02;399760]The X board is having a meltdown…

ps- im pro-Lutz ***

***will review my pro-Lutz supportership status following next season[/QUOTE]

I have been critical of Lutz. But my hope is he turns us around and if he gets the chance to go to a better-paying job, I would wish him well and turn my eyes forward.

I don’t want him to leave as the program currently stands. We’re better than this and so is he.

Dollar General

Roses

[QUOTE=Mullins Maniac;399780]Roses[/QUOTE]

FTW

Montgomery Ward

Looks like ESPN.com is reporting it now too…

[URL]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4046754[/URL]

Congrats to Coach Miller for deciding what’s best for him, his family and his future.

Some interesting remarks, especially from Kenny Frease and Jordan Crawford’s reaction:
[B]
He obviously thinks Arizona is a better situation for him, and he’s going to try to justify that to us," freshman Kenny Frease said.

“It just sort of became real. You come to a program to play for Coach Miller. That’s why I came here. But after a year here at Xavier, it’s hard for me to think about leaving.”

Frease didn’t want to speculate on whether he’d transfer.

Dante Jackson said he got a call late last night at 12:30 a.m. saying Miller was staying. So he was surprised to hear the opposite today at 1:30 p.m.

“We came here to play for Coach Miller, but it is what it is," Jackson said. "Anytime you lose a head coach it’s a big blow.”

Added Frease: “It’s tough, it’s going to be a big blow, but we have to regroup.”

Jordan Crawford left Cintas by himself without saying a word.

“They offered him twice as much per year,” Raymond said. “I’m sad to see him go.”

As for the next XU coach, C.J. Anderson says assistant Chris Mack is an option.

“I definitely think Xavier should take a look at Coach Mack,” Anderson said. “He knows the players, and it would be a comfortable transition.”[/B]

[URL]http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog05&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3Afdda4dab-ab39-43a7-8ba8-36da2f75a889Post%3Ad3122564-9465-418e-ac41-a7170155e0ff&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com[/URL]

Billy G to Xavier? He seems like a good replacement for them.

I don’t think Gillepsie would be a good fit. He needs to go back to a low-key Texas school. It seems like the Xavier coaching job is a mini-Kentucky in that the Coach is very visible. I could see them making a run at Fran McCaffery.

Some interesting remarks, especially from Kenny Frease and Jordan Crawford's reaction: [B] He obviously thinks Arizona is a better situation for him, and he's going to try to justify that to us," freshman Kenny Frease said.

“It just sort of became real. You come to a program to play for Coach Miller. That’s why I came here. But after a year here at Xavier, it’s hard for me to think about leaving.”

Frease didn’t want to speculate on whether he’d transfer.

Dante Jackson said he got a call late last night at 12:30 a.m. saying Miller was staying. So he was surprised to hear the opposite today at 1:30 p.m.

“We came here to play for Coach Miller, but it is what it is," Jackson said. "Anytime you lose a head coach it’s a big blow.”

Added Frease: “It’s tough, it’s going to be a big blow, but we have to regroup.”

Jordan Crawford left Cintas by himself without saying a word.

“They offered him twice as much per year,” Raymond said. “I’m sad to see him go.”

As for the next XU coach, C.J. Anderson says assistant Chris Mack is an option.

“I definitely think Xavier should take a look at Coach Mack,” Anderson said. “He knows the players, and it would be a comfortable transition.”[/B]

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog05&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3Afdda4dab-ab39-43a7-8ba8-36da2f75a889Post%3Ad3122564-9465-418e-ac41-a7170155e0ff&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

Usually taking the assistant that the players want isn’t the best way to go, but it did work out for Pittsburgh.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;399803]Usually taking the assistant that the players want isn’t the best way to go, but it did work out for Pittsburgh.[/QUOTE]

Worked out for Xavier pretty well, too, after Matta left.

Is it official yet?