Search Consultants update

Yes, I was contacted today. Cannot attend in person due to work travel but plan to send some comments via email.

Yes, I was contacted today. Cannot attend in person due to work travel but plan to send some comments via email.[/quote]

I know you will relay alot of what is talked about here as it relates to new leadership (better marketing, social media, position for a conference upgrade…and of course…winning).

But even though it’s not an AD issue…I hope anyone that is there will absolutely put the name change at the root of everything. Even if the AD search committee and the new AD cannot do anything about it…it needs to be front and center as the #1 issue in what’s keeping us from having better marketing and our own identity that can make an AD’s job easier.

#droptheunc

Yes, I was contacted today. Cannot attend in person due to work travel but plan to send some comments via email.[/quote]

I know you will relay alot of what is talked about here as it relates to new leadership (better marketing, social media, position for a conference upgrade…and of course…winning).

But even though it’s not an AD issue…I hope anyone that is there will absolutely put the name change at the root of everything. Even if the AD search committee and the new AD cannot do anything about it…it needs to be front and center as the #1 issue in what’s keeping us from having better marketing and our own identity that can make an AD’s job easier.

#droptheunc[/quote]

I second this! Anyone in a position to get this in front of important decision makers needs to make it a priority!

The sit down with Turnkey is absolutely not the time nor the place to discuss a name change. It’s completely off-topic. I will not be broaching that topic with them.

I 100% agree, this is not the time nor the place. Let’s focus on hiring a great AD and getting our sports in order, then worry about the name change.
Passion for it is great, but we have bigger issues at the moment.

I 100% agree, this is not the time nor the place. Let’s focus on hiring a great AD and getting our sports in order, then worry about the name change.
Passion for it is great, but we have bigger issues at the moment.[/quote]

Agree. The name change needs to wait. The search firm needs to be 100% focused on finding us a new AD. That’s what they’re getting paid for.

It’s going to be epic when the new athletic director says why is our name Charlotte when the school is University of North Carolina at Charlotte? We need to change our Athletics to University of North Carolina Charlotte :))

I really hope not, I dont need to lead another Fire someone movement LOL

I really hope not, I dont need to lead another Fire someone movement LOL[/quote]Agree with Metro. Our silence at this time on the Name Change may be misunderstood.

I really hope not, I dont need to lead another Fire someone movement LOL[/quote]Agree with Metro. Our silence at this time on the Name Change may be misunderstood.[/quote]Dubois is well aware of that many want the name change. It isn’t an awareness issue.

I really hope not, I dont need to lead another Fire someone movement LOL[/quote]Agree with Metro. Our silence at this time on the Name Change may be misunderstood.[/quote]
Not it will not. We need to focus on getting a good AD, you all think an AD is gonna come in here and switch all that, youre delusional. They aren’t and in no way, shape or form should the name change be brought up in talks with a potential AD who oversees a department that already dropped the UNC from it’s name.
This is all coming from someone who has the pulse of the students, right now we need to focus on getting a good AD. We aren’t silent on the name change, but we will not force it like we did the Judy Rose stuff because Dubois will not budge on it, plain and simple.

AD has nothing to do with University’s name. Judy Rose was an iconic AD and couldn’t convince Dubois to change it. Let’s focus on the matter at hand.

To be clear (CHP language) I wasn’t advocating name change get to new AD plate

clt says to mention name change, but don’t obsess over it .