Search for new assistants

Kedric Smith is who i think you mean metro.

He was brought in with Charles Hayward through Butch Pierre’s Louisiana connections. In all honesty, Smith wasn’t targeted to be a starter, but he came here and showed everyone he could start and handle the offense effectively. Plus he was a solid defender.

Wouldn’t mind seeing him get a look at all. I do not know where he is these days.

One more note about Plav, Lutz spoke very highly of him during his senior year as a potential coach. I think he said he coached younger AAU teams during the summer and did an excellent job.

Is he playing in Europe right now? He may not be willing to give up his career so quickly. He was pretty close to making the Miami Heat last Fall, so he may want to give his playing career a few more years.

Kedric is coaching somewhere…I think at post-high school level. I think his dad was a coach. Seems like I remember the Coach-PG son story.

Also, Beshaun? Thompson was/is coaching somewhere in town.

Last I heard Plavich was working out with John Lucas in Ok or Texas to become a PG. He was told if he wanted to play NBA or top European, he would have to play point based on his size.

plav was also one of the best leaders we had on our team. he wasn’t the best defensively but what he lacked with that he made up in leadership. he commanded everyone’s respect on and off the court.

Last I heard Plavich was working out with John Lucas in Ok or Texas to become a PG. He was told if he wanted to play NBA or top European, he would have to play point based on his size.

hell will freeze over faster

I’m just glad we’re only replacing two assistant coaches instead of three.

[URL=http://www.theeagle.com/stories/041906/sports_20060419070.php][COLOR=blue]http://www.theeagle.com/stories/041906/sports_20060419070.php[/COLOR][/URL]

Too bad for Kummer, I thought he had a good shot at that job.

austin, UT-Arlington was holding a press conference for their new coach today as well.

Hopefully we’ll keep one assistant.

i know you guys were saying that jokingly and its probably not a realistic thought but what about jay bilas. im sure he probably wants to get into coaching and i have a feeling that this guy could recruit.

i didn’t know if people had seen yet but at charlotte49ers.com there is a story on the golf tournmey that was held this weekend for the athletic foundation that raised 58,000 for the athletic foundation…Jay Bilas was the pretty much the only one everyone knew there that wasn’t working for the athletic dept…not to say thaty measn anything cause we all know he lives in charlotte, and is friends with lutz, but it’s nice to see someone like jay supporting our program.

http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/genrel/042106aaa.html

I’d definitely be willing to put behind me the fact that he went to Duke. Would be a great coach and recruiter.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;169810]Kedric Smith is who i think you mean metro.

He was brought in with Charles Hayward through Butch Pierre’s Louisiana connections. In all honesty, Smith wasn’t targeted to be a starter, but he came here and showed everyone he could start and handle the offense effectively. Plus he was a solid defender.

Wouldn’t mind seeing him get a look at all. I do not know where he is these days.[/QUOTE]

thats him. I liked him but forgot his first name exactly. I knew it was some form of Kedric/Cedric.

There actually was a Cedric at some time. Cedric Ball I believe.
not to be confused with Steve Ball- the shortest pitcher in UNCC history.

how short was he?

austin, UT-Arlington was holding a press conference for their new coach today as well.

And it’s done: [COLOR=blue] [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]http://utamavs.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042106aab.html[/COLOR]

I agree and I would like to see Plavich on the staff. I was told by several people close to team of how smart basketball wise he was and his knowledge of fundamentals. Was he a great athlete? Nope of course not! But that doesn't mean he would be a bad assistant.
What a great idea. It would probably be hard on him and his wife to move back to the states, but i whole-heartedly accept this idea!!

He would be a great permitter coach.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;169817]Kedric is coaching somewhere…I think at post-high school level. I think his dad was a coach. Seems like I remember the Coach-PG son story.

Also, Beshaun? Thompson was/is coaching somewhere in town.[/QUOTE]

Last time I spoke with Kedric, he was coaching at a JUCO in Texas. That was 2 or 3 years ago. Who knows where he is now. I think he would be a great addition to the staff. He was a smart player and knows the game. He is well-spoken. I believe his dad was his high school coach and Hayward’s, so he grew up around the game.

if we’re gonna shoot the 3 ball might as well have one of the best at the skill teachin it

[QUOTE=beasley25;169865]if we’re gonna shoot the 3 ball might as well have one of the best at the skill teachin it[/QUOTE]
I hadn’t seen Jobey’s name mentioned yet…

[QUOTE=CMack124;169866]I hadn’t seen Henry’s name mentioned yet…[/QUOTE]

The new coaches don’t need to have Charlotte ties. In my mind, Jobey and Plavich would be a joke.

We need to hire someone with a rich mind for the game and can recruit. Someone in 10 years that could replace Lutz and it would be seamless to the fans and incoming recruits. Is there such a person, I am not sure.

Moxley would be a great return for Charlotte. I like the idea of hiring one of the top AAU coaches in the nation. That would give us a good advantage to some of the recruiting efforts