Select quotes from the TigerNet Forums

Ahhh… the bitterness… the despair… the excuses… Enjoy:

[QUOTE=CoachMac (aka Mike McMahon)]SENIOR LEADERSHIP…does not allow UNCC to win [1]
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 8:36 AM

No way we should have lost to UNCC…they have ONE player that could make the Clemson roster. Some of the Orange Goggled fans just can’t fathom that the Tigers lack focus and defined roles. Post players shooting 3’s, guards not setting good screens, everyone trying to block shots instead of just "D"ing up their man and shutting them down. Rebounding is for everyone except the point guard who must get back on defense. It appears to me that OP needs to instill some PINE TIME motivation to a few guys until they figure out that he is the boss and knows what the deal is on the floor. I know that there is only one senior that gets significant PT, but leadership doesn’t always have to come from the starters and it’s time for someone to step up like Booker did last night and lead by example or get into some faces in the locker room to lay down the law on focus and unity within.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=IsabAlumni]I just can’t take being a Clemson fan anymore, the parity is too much. I’m spent.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=OrangeOnMyMind]UNCC fans are the biggest toolbags on the planet
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 1:42 AM

If you had any individual experiences with them tonight in Littlejohn, you know what I’m talking about.

Biggest douchebags I’ve seen at Clemson University in all of my time here.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Tigers29to7]Well think about it. They’ve got to be absolutely
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 7:44 AM

starved. They have no football team at all, they are an urban campus overshadowed by pro teams and all N. Carolina schools, and have really not done anything in basketball since 1977. They’ve probably changed conferences as often as coaches, etc. etc.

I’m just glad it wasn’t a conference game and will really not give UNCC another thought after about three days. I’m surprised they even had any fans there. Were they wearing those knee length UNCC jerseys with cornbread Maxwell’s number, and basketball shorts?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TheT1ger’01]Can’t blame them. They haven’t been there.
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 8:04 AM

They don’t know success. I don’t expect much better out of them.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PeninsulaTiger]You would be too if you were turned down by UNC-CH and had [1]
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 8:19 AM

to go to a University of Second Choice. Sound familiar ?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=baseball fan]What a thoroughly disappointing experience that was. The 9300 attendance in the box score is a fantasy. There’s no way there was anywhere close to that many people in Littlejohn tonight. The Clemson part of the crowd was largely dead, I tried yelling “defense” several times, but I think I was the only one that really seemed to care. There were WAY too many UNC Charlotte fans in Littlejohn. Two whole sections of seats in the upper arena were full of 49ers fans. A couple of stupid Clemson people near me brought UNC Charlotte fans with them, something that annoys me no end. Trevor Booker played a whale of a game, too bad he didn’t get much help. When he took his first 3, I screamed “NNOOO”, but it went in, so he got a little of a reprieve. Clemson looked completely out of synch all night. There were times when Clemson’s defense disappeared completely. The one bright spot was free throw shooting, and when that’s the case, it usually isn’t a good night for Clemson. The officiating was absolutely abysmal; I wish Mike Wood could be banned from Littlejohn forever. He has to be one of the worst officials in college basketball; how he keeps his job is beyond me. You’d never guess he actually lives in the Upstate. Clemson led ONCE in the entire game, 12-11 early in the game. Every time Clemson managed to get close, they’d turn the ball over or take a bad shot and Charlotte would extend the lead back out to 7 or 8 points. One time I looked out there and James Mays had the ball out near the three point line and Terrence Oglesby and Matt Morris were in the lane. Several times, Clemson took shots with nobody in the lane for the rebound. Charlotte beat Clemson in every phase of the game; let’s hope the Tigers can put this one behind them quickly and not let a 2 game skid turn into a 6 or 7 game skid as happened last year. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=WeDoChickenRight III]Clemson made 3 runs in the 2nd half and each time UNCC stoned them…Blaming the refs for that is weak IMO…If you watched the game…[I]Fact is Clemson couldn’t buy a outside shot UNCC made more than they normally do[/I]…[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=RenegadeTiger]I hope when the 49’er fans were chanting “OVERRATED” that the team let that one burn for a while.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ColtTiger]Hearing OverRated in your Own Gym is rough[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=grrTiger16]I’m glad I’m not there tonight. I would surely have gotten in a fight with a jack&&& Charlotte fan[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=whenibleedibleedorange]Is it ok to cry??? I know I am not the onyl one feeling like doing it. I am 17 is that too old to cry over sports.

First we lose Davis and gonna lose mearling and know our very good bball team lost to charlotte.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Re: Purrnell is yet to do squat at clemson in 5 years…
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 9:46 PM

You people are so fickle! One night you’re screaming for a contract extension, and the next you’re ready to kick him out the door!

I like OP and hope he’s around for quite sometime.[/QUOTE]

Just a sampling. That board is archaic. Pain in the butt to navigate.

I, like many of the posters on here don’t like the “OVERRATED” chant, but to do it as loudly as we did in another schools home gym is priceless.

We don’t know success? Do they really want to compare resumes from the past decade or so? We own them.

That’s good stuff!! I actually laughed out loud reading some of those.

As an ‘old fart’ now, Niner Nation has warmed my heart and done themselves proud…

"Originally Posted by OrangeOnMyMind
UNCC fans are the biggest toolbags on the planet
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 1:42 AM

If you had any individual experiences with them tonight in Littlejohn, you know what I’m talking about.

Biggest douchebags I’ve seen at Clemson University in all of my time here."

GO NINERS!!!

Wow, what a bunch of spoiled brats. ACC fans think they know everything about basketball but actually know close to nothing. They just can’t handle losing to a non ACC team at home. An older Clemson wheelchair alumni grabbed one of our fans after the game and “chewed” him out, when really he was just letting his insecurities out on some random niner fan.

At least we know what its like to be a hard-working mid major.

GO NINERS :49ers:

Posts I left off, but funny anyway:

About 40-50 posts blaming UNCCH for “beating them twice”. Very clear that Charlotte didn’t deserve the win.

About 20 posts blaming the refs.

And a few calling for Oliver Purnell’s head.

On the flip side, there are some very sensible fans over there who called out these posters, but that’s no fun, now is it?

I like how every loss to every team is immediately followed by

A) Fire our coach!
B) Yeah, but their fans were a-holes

Of course, as a general rule college basketball fans aren’t the politest bunch. But I didn’t see anything out of our students that I would be ashamed of.

I was particularly tickled by WeDoChickenRight III:

[QUOTE]Fact is Clemson couldn’t buy a outside shot UNCC made more than they normally do…[/QUOTE]

Umm, 4-14?? :lmao:

I don’t see what was wrong with what baseball fan posted. Seemed pretty level headed to me.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;282577]I don’t see what was wrong with what baseball fan posted. Seemed pretty level headed to me.[/QUOTE]

I tossed that one in there cause it was just a good read.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;282579]I tossed that one in there cause it was just a good read.[/QUOTE]

I probably would have been saying some of the same things. Especially the part when he gave us mad props.

I dont know if I have mentioned this yet or not. It might have been said, I cant remember.

But that website is just awful. Like 1998 awful.

Thanks NA. Good to see what they are thinking. For the most part what could be expeceted. I do hope the fans that went acted with class, cause we know from experience how jacka$$ fans affect how we perceive other schools.

Couldn’t be happier today to be a niner. Just hope clemson rebounds well, as it is in our best interst.

[QUOTE=MKNiner;282564]We don’t know success? Do they really want to compare resumes from the past decade or so? We own them.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!! we have a much better program over the past 15 years. They have been up the past couple of seasons, and we have been down. That is the only reason this was an upset. Hopefully, they are a legit top 20 team this year, but that remains to be seen.

I dont know if I have mentioned this yet or not. It might have been said, I cant remember.

But that website is just awful. Like 1998 awful.

HEY HEY HEY! I graduated in 98… oh, wait. Does that mean I’m getting old?

Trevor Booker played a whale of a game ... Charlotte beat Clemson in every phase of the game

Agree with that. Clemson played great - they seemed to want to avenge the Chapel Hill loss.

Charlotte played better.

They’re reaching for straws - faulting our fanbase, the refs, the previous loss … it’s all pretty stupid. Give Charlotte some credit, for once.

Exactly!! we have a much better program over the past 15 years. They have been up the past couple of seasons, and we have been down. That is the only reason this was an upset. Hopefully, they are a legit top 20 team this year, but that remains to be seen.

And I wouldn’t really say that they have been up the past couple of seasons. They had basically beaten up on cupcakes early in the season (OOC) and then once they got into the conference schedule they would fade, and give it up like a two bit whore on skid row.

Well clemson hasn’t been noticable since Elden Campbell? Dale Davis? Geez I’m sure we’ve been to the NCAA’s more in the last 15 years, Clemson has all the money and resources to be great, but in basketball and football alike they turn out being mearly mediocre. Oliver Purnell was a godsent for this program, pulled them out of their basement mentality.

And now a short moment for those clemson greats that have come before, Adam Allenspach, we hardly knew ye, because you hardly played. Tom Wideman, you lived up to your name but not your height. Tree Rollins, your name was Tree and you were tall, I’m sure such genius followed you everywhere in your lifetime.

is it that we are toolbags… or that we just happened to have owned them in their gym?

And I’m definately referencing our noise levels - i dont think they like that…