Select quotes from the TigerNet Forums

clt mocks clempson and their fans. yet another myopic acc team.

Our fans did nothing more than cheer for their team. Apparently, Clemson fans donā€™t like to do that when they go to Littlejohn, so they get pissy when someone else actually cares about their own basketball team. Everytime someone sees we have great fans they attribute it to the fact that weā€™ve never been thereā€¦Even if we hadnā€™t ā€˜been there,ā€™ our dedication and fandom put theirs to shame. If theyā€™ve been there before, you think they might act like it. They were just upset because we went into their house and made it ours.

I remember having similar discussions on the CUSA-Talk board back in the day regarding trips to ECU (if you wanna talk about a school with a SEVERLY overblown sense of their place in the world of college sportsā€¦). We were always called out by alumni, message board folks, etcā€¦ called classless, boisterous, obnoxious, but we never did anything but cheer for our guys. You just have to let it roll off and chalk it up to frustration and despair on their parts.

ECU fans, famous for chanting ā€œI shot your brother.ā€

That UL team was masterful at trash talk, sans Dean and Garcia. They really were amazing guys, because they both took a lot of crap on the court and just let it slide. If I were Garcia, I think I might have dove into the stands.

All the talk about this ā€œbeing our super bowlā€ and our fans only showing up because we are playing an ā€œACC teamā€ is just ridiculous. Those guys should see have seen the High Point, App St., Davidson, SIU etcā€¦ games because all of those had possibly even more raucous crowds. Clemson as a basketball program has been inferior to Charlotte for a long time. Weā€™ve finished .500 in the ACC this year and that is better than about half the teams in that overrated conference. All the talk about us being a second rate school because we donā€™t have football will be ending soon enough :slight_smile:

Kind of off topic, but this team hopefully will stay up like this all season, realizing they arenā€™t that good to think they can show up and win.

The part I loved about the Maryland game was the comeback. I canā€™t remember us coming back from twenty down in a long time. Probably against Colorado in that brutal tournament we put on in 02. Thatā€™s the last time I remember.

All the talk about this "being our super bowl" and our fans only showing up because we are playing an "ACC team" is just ridiculous. Those guys should see have seen the High Point, App St., Davidson, SIU etc... games because all of those had possibly even more raucous crowds. Clemson as a basketball program has been inferior to Charlotte for a long time. We've finished .500 in the ACC this year and that is better than about half the teams in that overrated conference. All the talk about us being a second rate school because we don't have football will be ending soon enough :)

Yeah, I want some clemson fans to show up to the App game next year up at App. Iā€™m willing to bet that we will have at LEAST double the number of fans there that we had last night. The irony in that? They arent in the ACC - They arent as good as clemson - BOTH schools are about the same distance away (2-2.5 hours) - Iā€™m willing to bet that App wont be ranked. So I askā€¦ IS APP OUR SUPERBOWL?

We go, because its close enough to go. This teams confā€™s closest away game is in Richmond, VA - which is definately not 2.5 hours away. Weā€™ll show up in numbers, even if its only 50 students, at any game we can go to. And on top of that, weā€™ll yell loud because we actually spent the time and money to go. Just another reason the ACC has its head shoved up itsā€¦

All the talk about this "being our super bowl" and our fans only showing up because we are playing an "ACC team" is just ridiculous. Those guys should see have seen the High Point, App St., Davidson, SIU etc... games because all of those had possibly even more raucous crowds. Clemson as a basketball program has been inferior to Charlotte for a long time. We've finished .500 in the ACC this year and that is better than about half the teams in that overrated conference. All the talk about us being a second rate school because we don't have football will be ending soon enough :)
if you read opposing message boards we've played in more super bowls this year than the Patriots have played in this decade.

More TigerNet fun:

[QUOTE]I have now had 3 people put Charlotte Observer sports section on my desk with Charlotte upset over Clemson headlines while Im not looking. This is getting old. UNC fans are really going to town on this.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]If you go to UNCC, youā€™ve gotta have an esteem problem in the first place.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]that place is nothing more than a glorified community colleg college [sic]. Its nothing but commuters. BUT they do have some super hot chicks, I will give them that. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]It was their biggest win in the last several years according to their coach.[/QUOTE]

Hate that I couldnā€™t make it last night due to another obligation. Did anyone see and/or chat with former UNCC biz school dean Claude Lilly? He was on my companyā€™s board and we always took time to talk Niner hoops when he came by our office.

[QUOTE=run49er;282765]Hate that I couldnā€™t make it last night due to another obligation. Did anyone see and/or chat with former UNCC biz school dean Claude Lilly? He was on my companyā€™s board and we always took time to talk Niner hoops when he came by our office.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™d forgotten about Lilly. I wonder if he was at the game. Always seemed like a nice guy.

I wonder how many of the fans on that message board actually went to school? I am guessing 1/2 of them are in a trailer park near Anderson or Greenwood.

As for sports, Clemson never accomplishes anything except in baseball. Their football is 7-4 every year, and the basketball team is a joke every year. We have advanced in the NCAA 5x more the past decade.

[QUOTE=metro;282778]I wonder how many of the fans on that message board actually went to school? I am guessing 1/2 of them are in a trailer park near Anderson or Greenwood.

As for sports, Clemson never accomplishes anything except in baseball. Their football is 7-4 every year, and the basketball team is a joke every year. We have advanced in the NCAA 5x more the past decade.[/QUOTE]

Thatā€™s why their smack talk is rediculous.

Greenwood? Been there twice for work. NO plans to go back.

Our fans did nothing more than cheer for their team. Apparently, Clemson fans don't like to do that when they go to Littlejohn, so they get pissy when someone else actually cares about their own basketball team. Everytime someone sees we have great fans they attribute it to the fact that we've never been there...Even if we hadn't 'been there,' our dedication and fandom put theirs to shame. If they've been there before, you think they might act like it. They were just upset because we went into their house and made it ours.
QFT

I know most of the students that were there personally and none of us would do anything as bad as they make us sound. They stole our flag TWICE, that old dude told zerogeneticsdc1 that we payed off the refs, and they call US bad fans? What babies. Clemson used to be on my list of ok ACC schools but looks like that is over. What a bunch of ignorant yokels.

I still donā€™t think they are worse than WF fans tho.

Please talk about class Clemson fans.

Clemson is honestly the worst school in the ACC, they arenā€™t nothing. The only thing they might have going for them is Baseball, and that team couldnā€™t even secure a #1 regional last year (had to go to CCU to play @ Myrtle Beach last year). They are NOTHING in basketball, Oliver Prunell basically saved the program. Of course, 17-0 last year and no tourney :lol:.

Clemson is the GW of the ACC, they schedule cupcakes. The thing is, GW has consistenly made the tournament in years past.

[QUOTE=49or bust;282787]QFT

I know most of the students that were there personally and none of us would do anything as bad as they make us sound. They stole our flag TWICE, that old dude told zerogeneticsdc1 that we payed off the refs, and they call US bad fans? What babies. Clemson used to be on my list of ok ACC schools but looks like that is over. What a bunch of ignorant yokels.

I still donā€™t think they are worse than WF fans tho.[/QUOTE]

The thing is Clemson actually has a decent fan base. A lot of their fans are knowledgeble and know the success and history of Charlotte. They have been keeping up with us all year and know what weā€™ve done and havenā€™t done. Quite Frankly, it is a shocker, but everytime something like this happens all the bandwagoners and hot heads come out.

They come out to criticize and even say fire OP, which even the common fan knows how much he has turned the program around. But you are right, WF fans are just idiots. There may be 1 or 2 out of 100 WF fans that are knowledgeble and good sports. There may be 15-20 out of 100 that are the same.

[IMG]http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20041123APclemson_450.jpg[/IMG]

I think thatā€™s the first time Iā€™ve ever seen a guy wearing purple stomping someone.

QFT

I still donā€™t think they are worse than WF fans tho.

So now I found out a Clemson chick wearing green in the next section over was flicking us off while we were chanting several times during the game. Looks like Clemson may have passed WF.

The thing is Clemson actually has a decent fan base. A lot of their fans are knowledgeble and know the success and history of Charlotte. They have been keeping up with us all year and know what we've done and haven't done. Quite Frankly, it is a shocker, but everytime something like this happens all the bandwagoners and hot heads come out.

They come out to criticize and even say fire OP, which even the common fan knows how much he has turned the program around. But you are right, WF fans are just idiots. There may be 1 or 2 out of 100 WF fans that are knowledgeble and good sports. There may be 15-20 out of 100 that are the same.

Oh yea, I mean it really is just smack talk in the end. Generalizations rarely are accurate and to say ā€œ[insert team]'s fans suckā€ is usually a statement you canā€™t back up. The bad apples always stick out the most.

Like at USC last year for the NCAA Baseball Regional, their fans came across as loud, obnoxious jerks, but if you actually ignore the loud fat ass who sounds like heā€™s got a turkey bone stuck in his throat, you talk to some of the more friendly people and they are ok.

[QUOTE=49or bust;282805]Like at USC last year for the NCAA Baseball Regional, their fans came across as loud, obnoxious jerks, but if you actually ignore the loud fat ass who sounds like heā€™s got a turkey bone stuck in his throat, you talk to some of the more friendly people and they are ok.[/QUOTE]

Yeahā€¦ Iā€™m gonna have to go ahead and kinda disagree with you thereā€¦

I thought USCā€™s fans were THE worst Iā€™d ever seen anywhere. There were some that were nice, but they had a LOT of very classless, confrontational, and borderline violent fans. Nice facility for baseball (and theyā€™re getting a newer, even nicer one), but that was not a good experience for me or a lot of other Niners fans.