Setting the record straight...

[QUOTE=X-49er;165149]Any good troll would have mentioned this yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Well, it did hit the board within hours what all had taken place, the third parties involved, etc. etc. I don’t think it was a surprise to some people, since they seemed to know all about what had taken place. And I don’t think Lutz was the only one in the dark.
Until a couple of days ago Huggins was a wonderful person to people on this board. Probably niether of the two buddies aren’t the best or the worst of people. If other teams had the resources to hire your help would you want your enemies or your friend to succeed? One thing you can count on. All this dealing and influencing had more to do with friendships than people disliking each other.

[QUOTE=gamer;165173]Well, it did hit the board within hours what all had taken place, the third parties involved, etc. etc. I don’t think it was a surprise to some people, since they seemed to know all about what had taken place. And I don’t think Lutz was the only one in the dark.
Until a couple of days ago Huggins was a wonderful person to people on this board. Probably niether of the two buddies aren’t the best or the worst of people. If other teams had the resources to hire your help would you want your enemies or your friend to succeed? One thing you can count on. All this dealing and influencing had more to do with friendships than people disliking each other.[/QUOTE]

this doesn’t even warrant a response

I want to see the proof on this quote right here (bold for effect):

1) Bob Huggins put a knife in Coach Lutz' back. That is the real evil here. Mike Beasley can go wherever he wants, and Dalonte can coach wherever he wants, but this deal doesn't go down unless Huggins decides to throw his friend under the bus. [B]Money wasn't the issue here, just the allure of being promised great things when Bob returns to the "Big time".[/B]

Both are public universities, so I’d like to see someone (cough, Mike P, cough) find out what he was making then and what K-State gave him.

Obviously we cannot know what Charlotte could have counter-offered him to stay, but if we get the K-State figure, we can take a pretty good guess as to whether the Niners could have matched.

Until those facts come out, you’ll have a hard time convincing many people that money was not a factor.

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;165176]I want to see the proof on this quote right here (bold for effect):

Both are public universities, so I’d like to see someone (cough, Mike P, cough) find out what he was making then and what K-State gave him.

Obviously we cannot know what Charlotte could have counter-offered him to stay, but if we get the K-State figure, we can take a pretty good guess as to whether the Niners could have matched.

Until those facts come out, you’ll have a hard time convincing many people that money was not a factor.[/QUOTE]

We offered to match whatever K State was offering, that is a fact. Money was not the deciding factor.

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;165176]I want to see the proof on this quote right here (bold for effect):

Until those facts come out, you’ll have a hard time convincing many people that money was not a factor.[/QUOTE]
it was previously reported that we came within 5% of matching salary

Touchee then.

That doesn’t get to the point about it being potentially a better league and better competition, but if you can take money out of the equation then it does become about basically who can offer him the best stepping stone.

I’m still not sure I disagree with him saying K-State is that better stepping stone, as dirty as it seems.