Seven "3's" in a Row.....

without a miss. Is that a school record ? Just wondering…

I’ve only been following Niner hoops religiously since last year when I came to school here, but I would think it has to be. Jobey may have done it. I know he had 28 and 29 point games a number of times.

Demon had a couple of streaks like that, and though I never saw him play, I have heard that Henry would get unconscious like that at times. I’ll have to pull out my media guide when I get home tonight and see if it’s in there.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Dec 9 2004, 11:24 AM [b] Demon had a couple of streaks like that, and though I never saw him play, I have heard that Henry would get unconscious like that at times. I'll have to pull out my media guide when I get home tonight and see if it's in there. [/b]
Henry had range like Brendan. He was not shy about launching them from 30+ ft.

The thing about Henry was that he was a slasher in addtion to being a superb shooter. I still break out the VHS tapes once in a while to enjoy that “swagger.”

[i]Originally posted by MEGRNiner+Dec 9 2004, 11:13 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (MEGRNiner @ Dec 9 2004, 11:13 AM)

Henry was the best niner player I’ve ever seen play. A hell of a nice guy as well.

Back in '80 & '81 we had a guard named Phil Ward that could fill it up. And don’t forget about Byron Dinkins. Ward had a sweet stroke and Dinkins could flat out score. I don’t have any recollection of anyone hitting 7 straight, much less 3 pointers. That must have been some exhibition of shooting prowess last night. Kudos to the team. Wish I could have been there. regards, Oldniner

I actually saw Jeff West hit 6 in a row in the old Mine Shaft back in the middle 80’s… but Plavich’s performance last night was incredible.

has anyone done that in college anywhere?

Chad Kinch was the best guard we ever had, first round NBA pick.

Maxwell was the best player, and Lew Massey could fill it up as well.

[i]Originally posted by sf49er[/i]@Dec 9 2004, 05:30 PM [b] Chad Kinch was the best guard we ever had, first round NBA pick.

Maxwell was the best player, and Lew Massey could fill it up as well. [/b]

You are right, Kinch was a great player. My favorite of that era was Lew. Boy, he had a sweet shot and the crowd would yell LLLeeeeeewwwww. I used to shoot pool with Cornbread. He could flat play billiards.

I grew up and lived right across the street from Park Road park.
Played ball with Lewwwwwwwww in pick up games, great talent.

Problem was he and Kinch liked to party a little too much., but hey that was the seventies.

Do you other “old farts” remember the game that Lew was injured, and sat out the first half…until Rose called timeout with under 30 secs left in the half. Lew got off the bench…and you KNEW he was going to take the last shot. He just stood out there near the hash mark (no joke intended) holding the ball on his hip while the clock ran down. No one was within 10 feet of him because he was 35 feet out. About three seconds left he lets fly with that flat trajectory jumper of his. Swish!!

Ahhh, the great old days!!

I checked my media guide last night, but there was no stat in there for “consecutive 3-pt FG’s made”. There was one for “consecutive FG’s made”, and the record is 13.

Massey should have his jersey retired IMO. He is second in almost all of the school scoring records behind Cornbread. He averaged 19.6 ppg for the 77’ Final Four team. His stats are better than 3 of the current Niners whose jersies have been retired. I realize that he probably didn’t get All-American status because he was overshadowed by Cornbread, but is their another reason why it isn’t up there that I don’t know about?

[i]Originally posted by sf49er[/i]@Dec 9 2004, 05:30 PM [b] Chad Kinch was the best guard we ever had, first round NBA pick. [/b]
Still waiting on a picture of his tomahawk over Hubbard. Anybody? Bueller?

Did Plavich finish the game with 7 in a row, and counting?

Yes. The 7 in a row he made were his last 7 shots.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 12:42 PM [b] Yes. The 7 in a row he made were his last 7 shots. [/b]
7 in a row in the last 10:23 of the game....

After halftime JKNiner asked me how many 3 pointers I wanted out of Plavich and he suggested 1 or 2, I said I wanted seven… Plav must have been listening.

That wasn’t halftime that was when BP was checking back in at the 12 minute mark… I knew he was gonna get back in the groove but the hat called the 7 3’s. BTW- Plav is da man…Bobby rules…and Carolina and their fans( thats you gamer) sux.