Several nuggets from Hoopscoop

Clark Francis - hoopscoop

His ranking and projection for Withers:

Friday, November 15, 2002
Another player we had a lot higher than everybody else in our final rankings last spring was 6’7 Curtis Withers from Charlotte (West Charlotte) NC. We had Withers ranked #31 in the nation. In contrast, Bob Gibbons of All-Stars Sports, which is based in North Carolina, had Withers ranked no higher than #157 in his final rankings. We bring this up, because the word on the street is that Withers has turned out to be a major surprise in practice this fall and, as a result, will likely be one of the leading candidates for Rookie-of-the-Year honors in Conference USA this season.

2004-2005 Pre-Season Top 40; Niners at 27

The talent rating increase column is interesting.

Coaching wins

Lutz ranks 57th of active coaches and has averaged 19.7 wins/per season as a head coach.

“…will likely be one of the leading candidates for Rookie-of-the-Year honors in Conference USA this season.”

Huh? :blink: “Rookie” of the year?

[i]Originally posted by NormanNiner[/i]@Nov 12 2004, 03:46 PM [b] "..will likely be one of the leading candidates for Rookie-of-the-Year honors in Conference USA this season."

Huh? :blink: “Rookie” of the year? [/b]

Check the date. He said that in Nov of Withers’ Fr year.

Man, that is one ugly site. I suck at graphical design/web layout, but that is just terrible. Anyway, glad to see more respect for the Niners!

When did Southern Illinois move to the Mid-American Conference? :rolleyes: :lol: